Windows 10: New SSD not recognised by Win 10 although Initialised

Discus and support New SSD not recognised by Win 10 although Initialised in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The existing 250 GB SSD on my Trident 3 Arctic gaming pc is full. Have a new Crucial MX5002TB SSD to replace it. When connected to PC with usb/SATA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ingk, Sep 11, 2020.

1. ingk Win User

New SSD not recognised by Win 10 although Initialised

The existing 250 GB SSD on my Trident 3 Arctic gaming pc is full. Have a new Crucial MX5002TB SSD to replace it.
    When connected to PC with usb/SATA connector it is supposed to detect and download Crucial cloning software.
    However it is not being recognized by windows and does not make this connection.
    Checking with 'diskmgmt.msc" it shows as " initiated as GPT" which is required.
    Macrium Reflect shows it as disk 3 with the first 16MB as "unformatted Primary" the remainder as unallocated.
    it is also able to clone C: to this SSD.
    My problem is with limited knowledge, I presume that if this procedure was adopted and the SSD was installed that it would still not be recognised by windows in spite of the drive c: being cloned across.
    Help please...also why is windows not recognising it?

:)

2. ssd not recognised

After update to Windows 10 Anniversary Update I now am getting same problem.

SSD's not recognised. I tried running "winsat formal" from an elevated (admin) command as suggested by Word Man and done previously when I got this problem with no success.

Any suggestions?

jaburmester, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 won’t recognise hard disk after transferring system to a new case

I transferred my working system to a new case using exactly the same hardware, plus an additional SATA SSD. The HDD is now not being recognised and the system is telling me to initialise it. I haven’t done this as I don’t want to loose the data. Is there
    a way to recover it?

As background, the system originally had 2 x SATA SSDs (one of which was the boot disk) and a hard drive that was used for data. The SSDs are fine but the hard disk is not being recognised. I cannot say whether the SATA cables went back into exactly the
    same slots on the motherboard as before.

My pc started life under Win 7 and I successfully upgraded that to Win 10 a couple of months back without problem.

mikeindevon, Sep 11, 2020
  4. New SSD not recognised by Win 10 although Initialised

SSD won't initialise, or partition.

I wanted to do a clean install of Windows 10, so I entered
    DiskPart
    and performed a "clean" on the SSD, when I suffered a power loss.

After booting the machine back up, I was greeted with a "Recovery: Your PC needs to be repaired. Error 0xc0000034" which I was able to work around by removing the SSD and inserting my USB created with the Media Creation Tool.

When I progressed far enough to select a drive to install Windows 10 on, I plugged the SSD back in. It didn't show.

I removed the SSD again, and have it connected to a different machine via a SATA to USB cable. I opened up Disk Management, where the disk was visible but Not Initialised. I attempted to initialise it, but was told "The specified disk is not convertible
    because the size is less than the minimum size required for GPT disks
    " and so I took to DiskPart once more to attempt to fix the problem.

Listing the disks, I see the SSD with the following information:

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt

-------- --------- ----- ---- --- ---

Disk 2 Online 0 B 0 B

Selecting Disk 2, I attempted to create a primary partition, but "DiskPart has encountered an error: The device is not ready."

Everything I do seems to have no effect.

What can I do? There's nothing on the drive for me to lose, so I'm open to anything.

Best,

Thomas

Thomas McNaught, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

New SSD not recognised by Win 10 although Initialised

1. New SSD not recognised by Win 10 although Initialised - Similar Threads - SSD recognised although

2. Cannot initialise new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot initialise new SSD.: Hello,I have purchased a new SSD and an enclosure so as I can upgrade the SSD C drive in my laptop. When attempting to initialise the disk, I have no option listed in Disk Management:Disk 2 is the enclosure with the new SSD in it. Following other guides on the internet, I...
  3. Cannot initialise new SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot initialise new SSD.: Hello,I have purchased a new SSD and an enclosure so as I can upgrade the SSD C drive in my laptop. When attempting to initialise the disk, I have no option listed in Disk Management:Disk 2 is the enclosure with the new SSD in it. Following other guides on the internet, I...
  4. Cannot initialise new SSD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. new ssd won't initialise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new ssd won't initialise: i am trying to upgrade my ssd and for that i bought a new ssd and an enclosure to help me clone it but when i connect it to my laptop it recognises it as a removable disk with no volume. it says drive f: is not accessible incorrect function. and i am not getting option to...
  6. new ssd won't initialise

new ssd won't initialise: i am trying to upgrade my ssd and for that i bought a new ssd and an enclosure to help me clone it but when i connect it to my laptop it recognises it as a removable disk with no volume. it says drive f: is not accessible incorrect function. and i am not getting option to...
  7. SSD will not initialise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD will not initialise: Hello,When I open disk management, I se my C: drive and also my SSD drive which shows as "Not initialised".However, whenever I select the "initialise" option, the screen appears where I have to select the disk and either MBR or GPT, but when I do so and click OK, the screen...
  8. SSD will not initialise

SSD will not initialise: Hello,When I open disk management, I se my C: drive and also my SSD drive which shows as "Not initialised".However, whenever I select the "initialise" option, the screen appears where I have to select the disk and either MBR or GPT, but when I do so and click OK, the screen...
  9. SSD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD not recognised.: My friend gave me a HDD that he said was clean formatted as NTFS. I was going to use it as storage. I plugged it in and Win XP started to load. I immediately did a shutdown and removed the HDD. I booted and now my OS doesn't recognise the SSD A400 at all in Disk Management...
  10. New SSD for Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New SSD for Win 10: Win 7 Pro currently installed on 126GB SSD. Only 20 GB capacity left. Plan to install new 500GB SSD as C Drive. Plan is to clone 126 SSD to 500 SSD, including Win 7 OS, before installing 10. Then install 10 to 500 GB SSD Does this seem like best way to go? Thanks 8944