Windows 10: New SSD speed

Discus and support New SSD speed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just swapped out a Hynix M2 drive that came with the HP 470 G5 Pro laptop with a Samsung 970 250GB EVO and the speed as measured with AS SSD is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ICIT2LOL, Dec 6, 2018.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

New SSD speed

I have just swapped out a Hynix M2 drive that came with the HP 470 G5 Pro laptop with a Samsung 970 250GB EVO and the speed as measured with AS SSD is showing me only around half the claimed read speed of 3400Mbs although the bottom figure (see pic) is about double that which the Hynix drive,.

Is this normal for a drive to be that much slower than the manufacturers claimed speeds??

New SSD speed [​IMG]

:)

ICIT2LOL, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 6, 2018
  3. maxp Win User
    Slow Read Speeds with new SSD In Mac Pro

Enabling AHCI (http://www.bladedmink.com/windows-8-ahci-support-on-macbook-pro/) upped the average speed from 180MB/Sec to 225MB/Sec.

Note the following steps are actually for a Macbook Pro (laptop), but worked a charm on my Mac Pro (desktop).

Edit:

Crucial steps from bladedmink.com incase it ever disappears - Note, read through all these steps before actually performing them.

• Login to Windows
    • Launch Regedit
    • Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\
      • Edit the ErrorControl Data value from 3 to 0.
    • Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\StartOverride\
      • Edit the 0 Data value from 3 to 0.
    • Shutdown and boot into OS X
    • Download and run https://www.bladedmink.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/AHCI_Enabler.zip on the NTFS drive.
    • Shutdown and boot into Windows
    • Prey you don't get a BSOD.

I am using the Standard Microsoft AHCI controller driver.

I tried to to install the Intel Matrix AHCI drivers, but they actually ran a few percent slower. When I tried to uninstall (and checked the 'also delete drivers') from Device Manager I got a boot loop and had to install windows from scratch.

maxp, Dec 6, 2018
  4. New SSD speed

Post your HDD and SSD Speeds!

Updating list, NICE speed JA!

Doing math with those tests sucks.
    Add them alllll up, divide. Ew.

EDIT: will edit the list again with your third HDD lol. Boot time with your SSD's?

satindemon4u, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

New SSD speed

1. New SSD speed - Similar Threads - SSD speed

2. External SSD giving USB 2 speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External SSD giving USB 2 speeds: I have a ROG strix Arion external SSD enclosure,But when I connect it to my desktop using an Type A to Type C adapter it gets recognized as a USB 2 device,whereas when I do the same with my laptop it works and gives me the expected speed.I have a Type C+Type A USB 3 pendrive...
  3. External SSD giving USB 2 speeds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External SSD giving USB 2 speeds: I have a ROG strix Arion external SSD enclosure,But when I connect it to my desktop using an Type A to Type C adapter it gets recognized as a USB 2 device,whereas when I do the same with my laptop it works and gives me the expected speed.I have a Type C+Type A USB 3 pendrive...
  4. Disk usage at 100% at write speeds of 100 kb/s 1 week after changing SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk usage at 100% at write speeds of 100 kb/s 1 week after changing SSD: Reinstalled windows 10, transferred old files, via OneDrive, everything was normal for 1 week. Now the disk usage is at 100 % all the time, with 100 kb/s transfer speed. Just opening a folder takes 40 seconds. Initialization is fast, with high transfer speeds, but after, it...
  5. Disk usage at 100% at write speeds of 100 kb/s 1 week after changing SSD

Disk usage at 100% at write speeds of 100 kb/s 1 week after changing SSD: Reinstalled windows 10, transferred old files, via OneDrive, everything was normal for 1 week. Now the disk usage is at 100 % all the time, with 100 kb/s transfer speed. Just opening a folder takes 40 seconds. Initialization is fast, with high transfer speeds, but after, it...
  6. Disk usage at 100% at write speeds of 100 kb/s 1 week after changing SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. SSD speed slowed down after win 11 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD speed slowed down after win 11 update.: I've been using win 11 for 2 years now. I updated like a month ago. And after that my ssd speed dropped from 540mbps to 22mbps.Its complicated, the thing is when i boot my pc, it give the normal speed of 540mbps. But as soon as i perform a performance heavy task e.g. using...
  8. SSD speed slowed down after win 11 update.

SSD speed slowed down after win 11 update.: I've been using win 11 for 2 years now. I updated like a month ago. And after that my ssd speed dropped from 540mbps to 22mbps.Its complicated, the thing is when i boot my pc, it give the normal speed of 540mbps. But as soon as i perform a performance heavy task e.g. using...
  9. New nvme ssd running half speed both win 10,11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New nvme ssd running half speed both win 10,11: I bought silicon power ud85 pcie 4.0x4 gen nvme ssd it only running at 3.0x2 only give 1750mbps in crystal benchmark pls help me how to fix this issue advertisement speed is 3600mbps pc specs r5 5500,b550m DS3H,450w psu cooler master mwe bronze v2,gtx 1660 super inno3d, 250gb...
  10. New nvme ssd running half speed both win 10,11

New nvme ssd running half speed both win 10,11: I bought silicon power ud85 pcie 4.0x4 gen nvme ssd it only running at 3.0x2 only give 1750mbps in crystal benchmark pls help me how to fix this issue advertisement speed is 3600mbps pc specs r5 5500,b550m DS3H,450w psu cooler master mwe bronze v2,gtx 1660 super inno3d, 250gb...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd speeds halved