Windows 10: New SSD speed

Discus and support New SSD speed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just swapped out a Hynix M2 drive that came with the HP 470 G5 Pro laptop with a Samsung 970 250GB EVO and the speed as measured with AS SSD is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ICIT2LOL, Dec 6, 2018.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

New SSD speed

I have just swapped out a Hynix M2 drive that came with the HP 470 G5 Pro laptop with a Samsung 970 250GB EVO and the speed as measured with AS SSD is showing me only around half the claimed read speed of 3400Mbs although the bottom figure (see pic) is about double that which the Hynix drive,.

Is this normal for a drive to be that much slower than the manufacturers claimed speeds??

New SSD speed [​IMG]

:)

ICIT2LOL, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 6, 2018
  3. maxp Win User
    Slow Read Speeds with new SSD In Mac Pro

Enabling AHCI (http://www.bladedmink.com/windows-8-ahci-support-on-macbook-pro/) upped the average speed from 180MB/Sec to 225MB/Sec.

Note the following steps are actually for a Macbook Pro (laptop), but worked a charm on my Mac Pro (desktop).

Edit:

Crucial steps from bladedmink.com incase it ever disappears - Note, read through all these steps before actually performing them.

• Login to Windows
    • Launch Regedit
    • Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\
      • Edit the ErrorControl Data value from 3 to 0.
    • Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\StartOverride\
      • Edit the 0 Data value from 3 to 0.
    • Shutdown and boot into OS X
    • Download and run https://www.bladedmink.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/AHCI_Enabler.zip on the NTFS drive.
    • Shutdown and boot into Windows
    • Prey you don't get a BSOD.

I am using the Standard Microsoft AHCI controller driver.

I tried to to install the Intel Matrix AHCI drivers, but they actually ran a few percent slower. When I tried to uninstall (and checked the 'also delete drivers') from Device Manager I got a boot loop and had to install windows from scratch.

maxp, Dec 6, 2018
  4. New SSD speed

Post your HDD and SSD Speeds!

Updating list, NICE speed JA!

Doing math with those tests sucks.
    Add them alllll up, divide. Ew.

EDIT: will edit the list again with your third HDD lol. Boot time with your SSD's?

satindemon4u, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

New SSD speed

1. New SSD speed - Similar Threads - SSD speed

2. SSD Speed halved when running outside of Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD Speed halved when running outside of Safe Mode: Hi there, I'm running into an issue with a particular SSD when benchmarking it outside of Safe Mode. I've been trying to disable various startup services and processes to determine the cause, but to no avail. When fresh installing a 2015 version of Windows 10 Professional...
  3. Cannot determine SSD speeds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot determine SSD speeds: Have tried Crystal Mark software to find out the read writ rates of my SSD but all it returns are 0's any advice most welcome. 122751
  4. Spikes of 100% disk usage, 0 read/write speed on a new SSD and clean Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spikes of 100% disk usage, 0 read/write speed on a new SSD and clean Windows 10 installation: This problem is apparently very common, but no solution I've found over the past several days has worked. This past week I put together a new PC and installed Windows 10 on a Kingston A400 SSD. During normal use, I found that the disk usage reported in Task manager...
  5. SSD 4k read speed reduced after october update (win10 v1809)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD 4k read speed reduced after october update (win10 v1809): i am using transcend ssd220s 240 GB ssd in my acer laptop(2015 with sata 3 6 gbps) (windows 10 v1803) initially i had tested the drive with crystal disk mark only 4k read/write speed .....i got 27-28 MB/s but after 4-5 months of use and with windows 10 (v1809) ..i tested it...
  6. Samsung 960 Pro SSD max speed

Samsung 960 Pro SSD max speed: Hello , not sure if this is the right place for this. Is there anyway to tell if I am getting the max speed out of my ssd? I have a feeling it's not. I double checked, I installed the nvme drivers, have the latest firmware. I have drive indexing turned off. I ran the Magician...
  7. Slow SSD speeds with Intel 520 series 240GB

Slow SSD speeds with Intel 520 series 240GB: Hi all, I'm using Win10 x64 and Intel 520 240GB SSD: [img] For my mobo, Asus P8Z77-V-Deluxe, I downloaded the official asus chipset drivers. There is one for Win8.1 x64 and a Beta version for Win10. The chipset driver for Win8.1 has installed the...
  8. Slow internet speeds since installing SSD and fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet speeds since installing SSD and fresh Windows 10 install: A few weeks ago I installed a SSD into my desktop and installed Windows 10 on it. I never checked my speeds at the time so I'm not sure exactly when my download speeds started to be terrible, but I assume it was then. Other computers on the network get the proper download...
  9. HDD v SSD boot speed.

HDD v SSD boot speed.: When I bought my new laptop, a Lenovo Ideapad 310 ( i3 2.2mh with 8gb ddr4), I brought the 1tb Seagate up to date, removed it and fitted a 500gb Samsung 850 EVO which received a clean install of W10hp 64. Using Mini tool partition wizard, I have just cloned the drive using a...
  10. SSD/USB3.0 Speed Drop

SSD/USB3.0 Speed Drop: When transferring files from my external SSD/USB3.0 to my PC, the speed drops from around 300MB/s to 105MB/s. It stays at 300MB/s almost 60% of the transfer, then it Drops. What to do so that there is no Drop? EDIT: Disabling the "Write Cache" for HDD in PC, the speed...