Windows 10: New SSD win10 install, advice please?

Discus and support New SSD win10 install, advice please? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; OK, so Windows updates are just slowing my machine down and I'm thinking of getting an SSD and swapping it over. Problem is my laptop only has one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ragnaraz690, Oct 9, 2020.

1. New SSD win10 install, advice please?

OK, so Windows updates are just slowing my machine down and I'm thinking of getting an SSD and swapping it over. Problem is my laptop only has one drive slot so I can't clone it the way I've been told and I have not been able to find my product key as It wasn't stuck to the laptop and I have no idea what I did with the box... so it's making a clean install a bit difficult too.

Or at least with my current knowledge, the last time I did anything like this was a PC I built with Windows 7, I had the disks and keys needed... buying complete machines doesn't always work the same and the laptop is about 4 years old now.

To be honest the more I read the more confused I am, some say you can just download a clean install on a USB to boot the new drive and so on, others say you MUST have a product key to do that. Could someone be a legend and tell me what I can and can't do properly please?

Bah... I used to be good at this crap but I haven't bothered in years, have mercy on me New SSD win10 install, advice please? :p

submitted by /u/Ragnaraz690
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ragnaraz690, Oct 9, 2020
  2. Josh_922 Win User

Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Caramelo Win User
    Looking for tutorial for fresh install of win10 home on new ssd

I looked over the tutorial for custom installation of win 10 but it had many steps about microsoft accounts that I'm not sure are applicable to me.

I have a new pc with a brand new ssd (sata) and I have made a bootable usb drive with win10 installation files on it.

I'd like to use a step by step guide of how to install the os, including if I need to format the ssd and whether I need to do anything special during the installation in order to be able to boot in UEFI bios.

Caramelo, Oct 9, 2020
  4. xkm1948 Win User

New SSD win10 install, advice please?

Migrating Win10 to NVMe SSD

I am going to migrate my Win10 to my NVMe SSD. Installation wise there should be no problem. However I cannot seem to be able to erase the old Windows 10 on the SATA SSD. If I boot from USB Win10 Installation media it only ask me whether I want to repair the SATA SSD Win10 or not. Any ideas on how to complete erase the SSD that currently have Win10 on it? I tried sanitize drive and PSID revert in Win10, neither would work. The SATA SSD is Crucial MX200.

xkm1948, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

New SSD win10 install, advice please?

1. New SSD win10 install, advice please? - Similar Threads - SSD win10 install

2. Cannot install Win10 in my PC with a new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Win10 in my PC with a new SSD: Hi, I have installed an SSD drive in my PC and I was looking for install windows 10 on it but I find that I cannot run any other device as a boot device except mi older HDD. With the other devices only shows Windows Logo for 1-3 seconds an restarts again the PC. I have...
  3. Need some advice on a New SSD Installation...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some advice on a New SSD Installation...: I just installed a new SSD (Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe M.2 1TB). The install went well, but I left some files behind on the old drive (An OCZ Trion 120gb SSD). Anyway, I though there would be a problem if I plugged the old drive back in and booted up into windows without hitting...
  4. Advice Please on Clean Install of W10

Advice Please on Clean Install of W10: Hello All, my first forum post. The time is fast approaching when I will upgrade from W7 to W10. My W7 Pro is a legitimate copy. I want to do a clean instal rather than the 'upgrade. Currently I have 3 SSDs - SSD1 is W7 OS only, the remaining 2 SSDs contain various personal...
  5. Upgrade to Win10 followed by clean install to a new SSD?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Win10 followed by clean install to a new SSD?: I have duly upgraded my Windows 7 desktop to Windows 10 and it is shown as 'Activated': I have also downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file and saved that to a DVD: I now want to change my boot HDD to an SSD. Would the following method make sense? 1. Install the SSD and clone my...
  6. New Win10 install, need advice re:Privacy, Telemetry, Decrapify

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Win10 install, need advice re:Privacy, Telemetry, Decrapify: I build my own machines, but not often. This is my first build in almost 7 years, and my first AMD. I'm excited, but a little lost in the woods. Yesterday, after an install of IrfanView went awry somehow, Windows stole my file associations and made it difficult to get them...
  7. Clean Win10 install on New SSD- formatting errors

Clean Win10 install on New SSD- formatting errors: Hi all, Operator skill level- medium - its been 4.5 years since my last build, zero experience installing Win8 or Win10 Brand new Clean install from full WIndows 10 USB3.0 retail package Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P motherboard AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 16 Gig...
  8. Can't Install Windows on New SSD Installed on New Win10 Laptop

Can't Install Windows on New SSD Installed on New Win10 Laptop: Hello everyone, Here is my issue. I just got a deal on a brand new HP Probook 450 G3 that came with a 1To HDD and Windows 10 pre-installed. I used the spare money to purchase an Windows 7 Pro x64 license and a Sandisk 256Gb SSD. My intention was to pull the original HDD...
  9. Clean install advice please

Clean install advice please: I upgraded my laptops a few weeks ago and, today, I've upgraded my Desktop PC. Before I start adding the programs I need, I'm wondering about doing a clean install rather than waiting for weeks and starting all over again. My main concern is that when I installed Windows...
  10. win10 install to SSD

win10 install to SSD: Windows install says ( Can't install on USB flash drive.). That's how it sees my SSD. Do I have to put my original HDD back in, image SSD to it and then try to install? 13087