Windows 10: New SSD. Windows 11 Booting. How do I do this right?

Discus and support New SSD. Windows 11 Booting. How do I do this right? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've assembled my gaming PC. With it I used an SSD from a previous device which already had windows 10 integrated.Wanting to upgrade my drive, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Michael Zeigler, Dec 6, 2023.

1. New SSD. Windows 11 Booting. How do I do this right?

Hi, I've assembled my gaming PC. With it I used an SSD from a previous device which already had windows 10 integrated.Wanting to upgrade my drive, I purchased an 8TB SSD and installed it with the intention of transferring everything from one drive to another, only to find out there was something corrupt in the original drive.I've gone as far as to delete all partitions off of the new drive, and have now purchased Windows 11 with the intention to start this new drive fresh and seem to be running into troubles along the way.I've conceded to trying to learn to do it myself without much knowledge.

:)

Michael Zeigler, Dec 6, 2023
  2. 09B
    09b Win User

window 11 can't boot after install new ssd m2

hello, im using window 11 but when i install new ssd, window can't boot with error " an operating system wasn't found. all of my disk are list in bios, i try chosse disk with window to boot but it doesn't work. but when i remove new ssd, everything work fine. already try with window 10 and it work too so i think it's win 11 problem. can u guy help me pls.

3. New windows 10 installtion on New SSD - wont boot unless old SSD present

It seems you installed Windows while the both SSDs were connected. This would have caused your current problem. Maybe it is sufficient to do this:

1. Launch the Disk Manager.
    2. Right-click drive C:, then mark it as "active".
    3. Shut down Windows
    4. Open the BIOS and tell it that the new SSD is the primary boot device.
    5. Disconnect the old SSD.
    6. Boot up normally.

If this does not work then you might have to do this:

1. Disconnect the old SSD.
    2. Re-install Windows on the new SSD, using the Media Creation Tool.

Frederik Long, Dec 6, 2023
  4. New SSD. Windows 11 Booting. How do I do this right?

Unable to boot new SSD "Inaccessible Boot Device" error

I recently upgraded my HP Laptop with a Crucial P5 Plus 500GB PCI 4.0 NVMe SSD from a 250GB SATA M.2. The cloning appears to have been successful ( I have an SSD enclosure and can access all the old data files in the new SSD when I run it as an external drive from another computer). The problem is that when installed , the new drive just won't boot and I get a "Inaccessible Boot Device" error. Not being sure if it was a HDW compatibility issue I tried and was able to successfully install and run Windows 11 in a separate volume on the new cloned Drive (which originally also has Windows 11 ) . Being a Newbie, is it possible to copy the "Boot files and/or drivers" to the new windows from the old windows on the same drive? I have a lot of programs and would prefer not to have to uninstall and reinstall. Any suggestions are most appreciated.

Friendswood, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

New SSD. Windows 11 Booting. How do I do this right?

1. New SSD. Windows 11 Booting. How do I do this right? - Similar Threads - SSD Booting right

2. New SSD. Windows 11 Booting. How do I do this right?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD. Windows 11 Booting. How do I do this right?: Hi, I've assembled my gaming PC. With it I used an SSD from a previous device which already had windows 10 integrated.Wanting to upgrade my drive, I purchased an 8TB SSD and installed it with the intention of transferring everything from one drive to another, only to find out...
  3. How do I activate Windows after installing it on a new SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I activate Windows after installing it on a new SSD?: Hello, I've recently purchased a new SSD and did a fresh install of Windows on it but I'm unable to activate it. I have already formatted the old Windows installation but it won't let me use my digital license on the new installation. When I try to use the troubleshooter it...
  4. How do I activate Windows after installing it on a new SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I activate Windows after installing it on a new SSD?: Hello, I've recently purchased a new SSD and did a fresh install of Windows on it but I'm unable to activate it. I have already formatted the old Windows installation but it won't let me use my digital license on the new installation. When I try to use the troubleshooter it...
  5. I have cloned my ssd to a new bigger ssd but it won’t boot, how do I fix the issue?

I have cloned my ssd to a new bigger ssd but it won’t boot, how do I fix the issue?: I had a 500gb ssd installed on my system but got a 1tb ssd cloned the old drive across via another drive as I only have 1 ssd slot and neither of the ssd nor the hdd as the piggy back drive will boot up the system. I have an old 128gb ssd that has windows on so I am able to...
  6. I have cloned my ssd to a new bigger ssd but it won’t boot, how do I fix the issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have cloned my ssd to a new bigger ssd but it won’t boot, how do I fix the issue?: I had a 500gb ssd installed on my system but got a 1tb ssd cloned the old drive across via another drive as I only have 1 ssd slot and neither of the ssd nor the hdd as the piggy back drive will boot up the system. I have an old 128gb ssd that has windows on so I am able to...
  7. I have cloned my ssd to a new bigger ssd but it won’t boot, how do I fix the issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How do I give Windows 11 feedback right now

How do I give Windows 11 feedback right now: If I click the Start menu in Windows 11 and type "feedback" without the quotes" it gives me a link to set how often I want Windows to ask me for feedback. I don't get an option to submit feedback right this minute. The best I can do is set it to Every Day and presumably wait...
  9. After cloning windows, how do I boot off the SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After cloning windows, how do I boot off the SSD?: [ATTACH] I've cloned windows. But when I try to just boot up from the SSD like in JayzTwoCents' video I get anywhere from the bios saying "no correct boot device... " to windows trying to repair and then the only things working are shutdown and cmd prompt I have fiddled...
  10. How do I connect a new SSD to computer to clone old SSD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I connect a new SSD to computer to clone old SSD?: I have a Dell Precision 5510 with a 512 GB SSD. I have ordered a new 1 TB SSD from Dell, on which I want to clone my 512 GB drive. I'm using EaseUS software for the cloning operation. I've contacted Dell and made sure I have the correct SSD on order. I have never done this...