Windows 10: New SSD wont boot

Discus and support New SSD wont boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got a Kingston A400 SSD to use as the boot device along with my 1tb HDD. I plugged in only the SSD and used a usb with windows installation media to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by johncenafan, Jan 4, 2020.

1. New SSD wont boot

I got a Kingston A400 SSD to use as the boot device along with my 1tb HDD. I plugged in only the SSD and used a usb with windows installation media to download windows onto it but no matter what it won't boot. If I leave the usb plugged in after windows installs it just restarts the install process when it reboots and if I take it out it goes straight to bios. I've spent hours searching and trying what people have been saying on other threads but nothing worked. I've changed the boot order and messed around with all the other basic bios settings. I just installed windows on my HDD a week ago and it worked right away so I don't know what's wrong. If I load my computer with my HDD it will show the SSD has windows installed on it. Also, both the drives are GPT. I have a gigabyte b450m ds3h. Please help, thanks.

:)

johncenafan, Jan 4, 2020

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    Perform these steps before posting about POST/boot/no video problems!

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC after cloning Windows to new SSD. I would like to know what happens when you try to boot the PC to desktop using SSD?

The reason you are not able to boot the PC is that the files required to boot Windows are still recognizing the HDD as the main drive. I would suggest you to try rebuilding the BCD files and see if you are able to boot the PC using
    SSD.

Kindly follow the steps below to rebuild the BCD.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select Next >
      Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter: BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Prophet Win User

New SSD wont boot

SSD as Boot and Raid as secondary

I've just bought a vertex 2 and have installed windows on it, but am having difficulties setting up a RAID0 with my 2 HDD's that i want to use as my backup/seconday drives. If i set my Sata config to raid it wont let me boot with my SSD. Any suggestions?

Prophet, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

New SSD wont boot

1. New SSD wont boot - Similar Threads - SSD wont boot

2. ssd sata wont boot with windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd sata wont boot with windows: im using windows 10 yesterday i acquired a new ssd m2 i installed it but after boot the windows wont boot, after checking bios i can see all my storage disks two m2 ssd, one hdd but i cant see the sata ssd with windows on and my pc wont boot, it says bootable device not...
  3. ssd sata wont boot with windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ssd sata wont boot with windows: im using windows 10 yesterday i acquired a new ssd m2 i installed it but after boot the windows wont boot, after checking bios i can see all my storage disks two m2 ssd, one hdd but i cant see the sata ssd with windows on and my pc wont boot, it says bootable device not...
  4. ssd sata wont boot with windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New ssd and now no boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New ssd and now no boot?: Hello I need help as I seem to have messed things up. I have apparently reached my max # of storage devices at 4 tho I am out of room. So I decided to upgrade my 500gb ssd to a 4tb. After doing so and initializing it as well as setting it to active now I can't boot. Even...
  6. New ssd and now no boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New ssd and now no boot?: Hello I need help as I seem to have messed things up. I have apparently reached my max # of storage devices at 4 tho I am out of room. So I decided to upgrade my 500gb ssd to a 4tb. After doing so and initializing it as well as setting it to active now I can't boot. Even...
  7. SSD in GPT wont boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD in GPT wont boot: Hello Community This title is found several times in several forums through google. But I didnt found any solution to my problem. First my PC Setup and what I want to do: Motherboard: Z97-K Disks: Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series 125 GB Windows installed Samsung...
  8. New SSD wont boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New SSD wont boot.: I bought 1TB SSD to replace my old HDD. I use the software "Macrium Reflect" and follow youtubers tutorial. It went perfectly. I turn off my PC and remove the SATA cable in my HDD, change the bios to the new SSD and not my PC wont boot. I tried to set my old HDD as bootable...
  9. New PC wont boot

New PC wont boot: New PC wont boot after setup. Ive tried all different things, created recovery usb from my laptop but still cant get it to boot. looked online and ended up doing a sfc scannow............have no idea what that means but verification is 100% complete then I get Windows...
  10. New windows 10 installtion on New SSD - wont boot unless old SSD present

New windows 10 installtion on New SSD - wont boot unless old SSD present: Hello, I have added an SSD in a Dell OptiPlex 9020. Installed a fresh version of windows using the installation media. When I boot, I now get two options of windows, one on the old volume and one on the new. Both will boot and are usable. However, if I disable or remove...