Windows 10: New SSD wont boot.

Discus and support New SSD wont boot. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I bought 1TB SSD to replace my old HDD. I use the software "Macrium Reflect" and follow youtubers tutorial. It went perfectly. I turn off my PC and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_blcknwht, Oct 1, 2020.

1. New SSD wont boot.

I bought 1TB SSD to replace my old HDD. I use the software "Macrium Reflect" and follow youtubers tutorial. It went perfectly. I turn off my PC and remove the SATA cable in my HDD, change the bios to the new SSD and not my PC wont boot.

I tried to set my old HDD as bootable drive and it wont boot as well but if I remove the SATA cable on my SSD my PC will boot.

Even the windows automatic repair wont show up.

I hope someone will help me fix this. Thanks alot.

submitted by /u/_blcknwht
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_blcknwht, Oct 1, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

New SSD wont boot

Hi John

Boot into BIOS, is SATA Mode set to AHCI to enable booting from an SSD drive?

Is the SSD drive set a top of the Boot Priority list?

Did you try connecting that SSD to the SATA Port normally used by your old HDD?

DaveM121, Oct 1, 2020
  3. New windows 10 installtion on New SSD - wont boot unless old SSD present

It seems you installed Windows while the both SSDs were connected. This would have caused your current problem. Maybe it is sufficient to do this:

1. Launch the Disk Manager.
    2. Right-click drive C:, then mark it as "active".
    3. Shut down Windows
    4. Open the BIOS and tell it that the new SSD is the primary boot device.
    5. Disconnect the old SSD.
    6. Boot up normally.

If this does not work then you might have to do this:

1. Disconnect the old SSD.
    2. Re-install Windows on the new SSD, using the Media Creation Tool.

Frederik Long, Oct 1, 2020
  4. New SSD wont boot.

New SSD wont boot

Hi there johncenafan, not really sure what you want to do installing Win 10 on a 1TB HDD and now trying to install the same Win 10 ( I take it ) on the new A400 SSD. As already stated above, you need to initialize the new SSD before you can install the
    same Win 10 into it as your boot drive.

If you want the new SSD to be your new boot drive instead of the 1TB HDD, then format the 1TB HDD drive as well and use it as your storage drive?

Once you have initialize your SSD drive, give it a name and will become your C-drive after you have successfully installed Win 10 to it?

Go to your system BIOS and select the boot order placing the new SSD with Win 10 installed as your 1st Boot Drive. You need to select F8 on your keyboard to access the boot menu while in your BIOS

As a final safety check, right click the start button, bottom lower left, and select 'Disk Management' and if you have done everything right, then you should be able to see your new SSD drive there already partitioned by Windows ready to go

Hope this will help?

Cheers

George

GeorgeKatonivualiku, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

New SSD wont boot.

1. New SSD wont boot. - Similar Threads - SSD wont boot

2. ssd sata wont boot with windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd sata wont boot with windows: im using windows 10 yesterday i acquired a new ssd m2 i installed it but after boot the windows wont boot, after checking bios i can see all my storage disks two m2 ssd, one hdd but i cant see the sata ssd with windows on and my pc wont boot, it says bootable device not...
  3. ssd sata wont boot with windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ssd sata wont boot with windows: im using windows 10 yesterday i acquired a new ssd m2 i installed it but after boot the windows wont boot, after checking bios i can see all my storage disks two m2 ssd, one hdd but i cant see the sata ssd with windows on and my pc wont boot, it says bootable device not...
  4. ssd sata wont boot with windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New ssd and now no boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New ssd and now no boot?: Hello I need help as I seem to have messed things up. I have apparently reached my max # of storage devices at 4 tho I am out of room. So I decided to upgrade my 500gb ssd to a 4tb. After doing so and initializing it as well as setting it to active now I can't boot. Even...
  6. New ssd and now no boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New ssd and now no boot?: Hello I need help as I seem to have messed things up. I have apparently reached my max # of storage devices at 4 tho I am out of room. So I decided to upgrade my 500gb ssd to a 4tb. After doing so and initializing it as well as setting it to active now I can't boot. Even...
  7. SSD in GPT wont boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD in GPT wont boot: Hello Community This title is found several times in several forums through google. But I didnt found any solution to my problem. First my PC Setup and what I want to do: Motherboard: Z97-K Disks: Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series 125 GB Windows installed Samsung...
  8. New PC wont boot

New PC wont boot: New PC wont boot after setup. Ive tried all different things, created recovery usb from my laptop but still cant get it to boot. looked online and ended up doing a sfc scannow............have no idea what that means but verification is 100% complete then I get Windows...
  9. New windows 10 installtion on New SSD - wont boot unless old SSD present

New windows 10 installtion on New SSD - wont boot unless old SSD present: Hello, I have added an SSD in a Dell OptiPlex 9020. Installed a fresh version of windows using the installation media. When I boot, I now get two options of windows, one on the old volume and one on the new. Both will boot and are usable. However, if I disable or remove...
  10. New SSD wont boot

New SSD wont boot: I got a Kingston A400 SSD to use as the boot device along with my 1tb HDD. I plugged in only the SSD and used a usb with windows installation media to download windows onto it but no matter what it won't boot. If I leave the usb plugged in after windows installs it just...