Windows 10: New SSD

Discus and support New SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just got a new nvme and used mini tool shadow to clone my old drive onto the new drive. Now every time I boot there’s a black screen and and white bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Allenz1, Nov 3, 2019.

1. New SSD

Just got a new nvme and used mini tool shadow to clone my old drive onto the new drive. Now every time I boot there’s a black screen and and white bar for like 3-4 seconds before the “ASUS” logo pops up. Then the white bar comes back does like 3 enters (white bar moves down the screen) before the windows logo pops up. This wasn’t happening before is there anyway to fix this?

submitted by /u/Allenz1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Allenz1, Nov 3, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Macrium Reflect and SSD drive

Here's an easy way to do it, With your SSD connected.

1. If not already done. Create a backup image of your current Windows HD. From Macrium, click on "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows"
      NOTE: you could actually clone the disk, but create a backup then restore will allow Macrium to correctly align the cluster size and perform trimming on the new SSD.
    2. After step 1 is done, click on Restore tab, select the image from step 1 then click on Select different target disk, select the SSD as destination disk then click on Next->Finish. No need to use/boot from Rescue disk. It will be faster and Macrium will also perform trimming on the new SSD.
    3. Disconnect the HD and reboot. Windows should boot up with the new SSD.

topgundcp, Nov 3, 2019
  3. SSD stops and freezes laptop

Couple of updates:

1. I created a Linux boot USB key, and monitored my SSD under Linux, so this is evidently not a Windows issue, and
    2. I loaded new firmware for the SSD, and my system seems to be functioning normally now. What a pleasure using a PC that doesn't consistently freeze up.

Thanks to all y'all for your suggestions!

Regards,

Dave

DavidMiller36415, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Rhen Pal Win User

New SSD

USB not recognized after startup with new SSD

Hi,

Please answer the following:

• Which version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Aside from installing a new SSD, were there any updates made to your device prior to this issue?

We suggest that we check for system file corruption, check this
    link
    for more information.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

New SSD

1. New SSD - Similar Threads - SSD

2. Bit locker on SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  3. Bit locker on SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  4. Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.: I bought a PC from Apex Gaming PCs. It came with a small 256 gb SSD, which I had to upgrade in order to download more games. I upgraded to a 2tb drive, and used a cloning software to copy the first to the latter. Upon boot with new drive, it gave me an error upon startup and...
  5. Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.

Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.: I bought a PC from Apex Gaming PCs. It came with a small 256 gb SSD, which I had to upgrade in order to download more games. I upgraded to a 2tb drive, and used a cloning software to copy the first to the latter. Upon boot with new drive, it gave me an error upon startup and...
  6. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  7. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  8. ssd error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd error: what happened to my ssdm.2 nvme do i need to replace it with a new one or is it fixable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-error/d947cdd4-fa07-4ccf-b0cc-ed2290ad7ccf
  9. ssd error

ssd error: what happened to my ssdm.2 nvme do i need to replace it with a new one or is it fixable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-error/d947cdd4-fa07-4ccf-b0cc-ed2290ad7ccf
  10. Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.

Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.: Specs:OS: Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447CPU: Core i5-8250USSD: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe PCIe 500gb SSDHDD: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172After downloading some files onto the SSD, the entire disk disappeared from Windows completely. Event viewer showed Reset to device,...