Windows 10: New SSD

Discus and support New SSD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do I reinstall windows 10 on my new ssd without cloning my drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Brainrott, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Brainrott Win User

New SSD

How do I reinstall windows 10 on my new ssd without cloning my drive?

:)

Brainrott, Mar 20, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Macrium Reflect and SSD drive

Here's an easy way to do it, With your SSD connected.

1. If not already done. Create a backup image of your current Windows HD. From Macrium, click on "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows"
      NOTE: you could actually clone the disk, but create a backup then restore will allow Macrium to correctly align the cluster size and perform trimming on the new SSD.
    2. After step 1 is done, click on Restore tab, select the image from step 1 then click on Select different target disk, select the SSD as destination disk then click on Next->Finish. No need to use/boot from Rescue disk. It will be faster and Macrium will also perform trimming on the new SSD.
    3. Disconnect the HD and reboot. Windows should boot up with the new SSD.

topgundcp, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Rhen Pal Win User
    USB not recognized after startup with new SSD

Hi,

Please answer the following:

• Which version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Aside from installing a new SSD, were there any updates made to your device prior to this issue?

We suggest that we check for system file corruption, check this
    link
    for more information.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Mar 20, 2020
  4. New SSD

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

New SSD

1. New SSD - Similar Threads - SSD

2. Lost Product Key after moving OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost Product Key after moving OS from HDD to SSD: I moved Windows 10 Pro to my SSD via booting through a separate USB Stick and that all worked. Then, probably fatally I deleted the old OS from the HDD. I thought that I could activate Windows through my digital license, which is linked to my Microsoft Account right? with...
  3. Boot from a USB SSD > BSoD "inaccessible boot device" on the same PC but not on another PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot from a USB SSD > BSoD "inaccessible boot device" on the same PC but not on another PC: Another puzzling case in the long history of this mysterious BSoD: As a backup solution for a ThinkPad L480, W 10 Pro 1909 using Paragon FPM 17 RMB in WinPE, a 1: 1 clone of the system disk SSD NVMe is created on a mobile USB SSD disk Samsung T5. This USB-SSD-T5 is booted...
  4. Missing/Wandering SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing/Wandering SSD: I have an odd issue. One of my SSD dives disappears seemingly randomly, even if i'm running a program off of it. program will freeze, shut down, and produce an error #134 If i restart it might be there but maybe not. When it comes back it has all of the files, so its not...
  5. Moved Windows 10 to SSD from HDD, no windows.old file in HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moved Windows 10 to SSD from HDD, no windows.old file in HDD: I moved my Windows 10 OS to my SSD via this guide: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/clean-install-of-windows-10-os-on-new-ssd-best/9186ae98-b2b4-4b7a-b3ff-0b053ce2d1c9 I don't want to format my HDD, and I thought i could...
  6. How to do a 2x SSD raid0

How to do a 2x SSD raid0: Hello I am wondering how to raid both of my SSD's in raid 0 . Also is it safe as I am only using those SSD's . I have also heard ways like doing it in the bios and in windows but I cant do it in windows since I need to convert them into a dynamic disk . Though it gives me an...
  7. ssd drive

ssd drive: I formatted my ssd drive from my laptop and installed linux mint 19 last week... SO, now i decided to install windows 10 now; so i bought windows 10 pr dvd 2 days ago but when i tried to install windows 10 and it said it cant because drive 0 partition 1 total size...
  8. My SSD appear in the Bios but not in Disk Managment

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My SSD appear in the Bios but not in Disk Managment: today I trying to clean install Windows 10, but suddenly my SSD dissapair from the partition option, and only show me the hard disk to install the windows 10, when installed the Windows 10, I go to Disk magagment to find out the SSD is missing, doesn't show unallocated,...
  9. grub does not detect windows 10 on a separate ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    grub does not detect windows 10 on a separate ssd: Hello,I have ubuntu 18.04 on a HDD and i installed windows 10 on a new SSD.Now, grub does not detect windows 10 disk.Windows 10 is working properly without any issues.The only way to boot into windows is through bios, selecting the corresponding disk.Is there any way to see...
  10. Antimalware Service Executable 80-100% SSD usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable 80-100% SSD usage: This has been happening almost every day for the past 3 months. I have wiped my computer 4 freaking times now trying to fix this. I've done task scheduler, editing registry values, EVERY credible "fix" I could find yet this still does this too me. It runs between 100-350 MBps...