Windows 10: New SSD

Discus and support New SSD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do I reinstall windows 10 on my new ssd without cloning my drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Brainrott, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Brainrott Win User

New SSD

How do I reinstall windows 10 on my new ssd without cloning my drive?

:)

Brainrott, Mar 20, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Macrium Reflect and SSD drive

Here's an easy way to do it, With your SSD connected.

1. If not already done. Create a backup image of your current Windows HD. From Macrium, click on "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows"
      NOTE: you could actually clone the disk, but create a backup then restore will allow Macrium to correctly align the cluster size and perform trimming on the new SSD.
    2. After step 1 is done, click on Restore tab, select the image from step 1 then click on Select different target disk, select the SSD as destination disk then click on Next->Finish. No need to use/boot from Rescue disk. It will be faster and Macrium will also perform trimming on the new SSD.
    3. Disconnect the HD and reboot. Windows should boot up with the new SSD.

topgundcp, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Rhen Pal Win User
    USB not recognized after startup with new SSD

Hi,

Please answer the following:

• Which version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Aside from installing a new SSD, were there any updates made to your device prior to this issue?

We suggest that we check for system file corruption, check this
    link
    for more information.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Mar 20, 2020
  4. New SSD

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

New SSD

1. New SSD - Similar Threads - SSD

2. My pc boots up with the wrong ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc boots up with the wrong ssd: I built my pc and installed a 1tb ssd and downloaded windows 11 on the 1tb ssd then I bought a 2tb ssd. When I installed the new 2tb ssd I removed the old 1tb ssd and installed windows on the new 2tb then I plug back the old 1tb ssd. I have both on my pc now. I turn on my pc...
  3. My pc boots up with the wrong ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc boots up with the wrong ssd: I built my pc and installed a 1tb ssd and downloaded windows 11 on the 1tb ssd then I bought a 2tb ssd. When I installed the new 2tb ssd I removed the old 1tb ssd and installed windows on the new 2tb then I plug back the old 1tb ssd. I have both on my pc now. I turn on my pc...
  4. my external ssd won't connect in explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my external ssd won't connect in explorer: Hello Everone,I need your help guys!Since I downloaded photos from my iPhone that were in HEIC format, I sent them to my external SSD, and quickly my external SSD stopped working. My external ssd E: won't connect in explorer, and is looking like this:When I plug it in, the...
  5. my external ssd won't connect in explorer

my external ssd won't connect in explorer: Hello Everone,I need your help guys!Since I downloaded photos from my iPhone that were in HEIC format, I sent them to my external SSD, and quickly my external SSD stopped working. My external ssd E: won't connect in explorer, and is looking like this:When I plug it in, the...
  6. I just got a new ssd and it gives me a blue screen when i try to instal windows 11 on it....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just got a new ssd and it gives me a blue screen when i try to instal windows 11 on it....: I just got a new ssd and when I turn on the PC with the usb with the windows 11 installation it shows me "Recovery, Your PC/Device needs to be repaired...". Sometimes if i try to open bios it gives me a black screen, but when it works it shows me that my ssd is under raid...
  7. I just got a new ssd and it gives me a blue screen when i try to instal windows 11 on it....

I just got a new ssd and it gives me a blue screen when i try to instal windows 11 on it....: I just got a new ssd and when I turn on the PC with the usb with the windows 11 installation it shows me "Recovery, Your PC/Device needs to be repaired...". Sometimes if i try to open bios it gives me a black screen, but when it works it shows me that my ssd is under raid...
  8. i have a 256 gb ssd i converted the disk to dynamic via disk manager but after i deleted...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have a 256 gb ssd i converted the disk to dynamic via disk manager but after i deleted...: help plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-256-gb-ssd-i-converted-the-disk-to/2a4ac20a-d6ef-43e3-a94e-62b4cc331627
  9. i have a 256 gb ssd i converted the disk to dynamic via disk manager but after i deleted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a 256 gb ssd i converted the disk to dynamic via disk manager but after i deleted...: help plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-256-gb-ssd-i-converted-the-disk-to/2a4ac20a-d6ef-43e3-a94e-62b4cc331627
  10. i have a 256 gb ssd i converted the disk to dynamic via disk manager but after i deleted...