Windows 10: New Stable Edge Version

Discus and support New Stable Edge Version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to get the new edge public/stable version manually? Using v1909, got a cumulative update today, but edge isn't upgraded.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SoumyaBXG, Jan 15, 2020.

1. SoumyaBXG Win User

New Stable Edge Version

How to get the new edge public/stable version manually? Using v1909, got a cumulative update today, but edge isn't upgraded.

:)

SoumyaBXG, Jan 15, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Sharyn698 Win User

New Stable Edge Version

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

I am replying to the above advice. Been there, done that. In fact, I did that set of steps before I ever asked for help here. Does anyone have any other suggestions? It is very inconvenient to have no taskbar.

Thank you.

Sharyn698, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

New Stable Edge Version

1. New Stable Edge Version - Similar Threads - Stable Edge Version

2. Transfer History/bookmarks from Edge beta to Stable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer History/bookmarks from Edge beta to Stable: Hey all, any fast way I can transfer my history/passwords/bookmarks all that good stuff to the Stable version? I'm currently using Beta submitted by /u/BandicootCx [link] [comments]...
  3. Edge stable IE mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge stable IE mode: I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm trying to get IE mode working in the new Edge stable. I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise build 1903 and I'm using the recently released Edge stable. I've followed all the steps in this guide:...
  4. New version of Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New version of Microsoft edge: Can I download the new version edge to this computer. HP Pavilion the hard drive was changed and is now running windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-version-of-microsoft-edge/2c77089a-8249-4cb3-95c6-73bef6f26f98
  5. Edge Stable Version 79.0.309.12 (Official build) (64-bit) Icon issue

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Stable Version 79.0.309.12 (Official build) (64-bit) Icon issue: After Edge Stable auto update to version 79.0.309.12 It changed to the new Icon logo on the start menu, but not on the taskbar. I did unpin/remove it and I pinned the new Icon. Now whenever I start edge I get an extra Icon with the old logo on the taskbar. 143882
  6. CAUTION: New Edge Stable Leak at various sites including Major Geeks.

in Browsers and Email
    CAUTION: New Edge Stable Leak at various sites including Major Geeks.: Check this information from MS of what will occur when Edge Stable is released. It should be released through WU as a system install and will trigger the changes. A user install will not trigger the changes. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/Dep...indows-updates I am...
  7. Chromium Edge Leaked Stable Build

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium Edge Leaked Stable Build: Hi, Has any other user in here tried/checked this out yet ?? Chromium-based Microsoft Edge's Stable Build Leaks - Thurrott.com 141150
  8. New Microsoft Edge app 42.0.0.2313 version for Android

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge app 42.0.0.2313 version for Android: Microsoft Edge, now available on Android, creates one continuous browsing experience for Windows 10 users across their devices. Content and data sync seamlessly in the background, so users can browse across devices, without skipping a beat. Familiar Microsoft Edge features...
  9. A stable antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A stable antivirus: Hi, I am looking for a good free antivirus that wouldn't cause my system to BSOD. I used Norton before and it caused my system to BSOD. I also used Panda free antivirus and it also caused a bunch of BSODs. Right now I am on Windows Defender. Any suggestions would be...
  10. Is version 1703 stable enough for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is version 1703 stable enough for clean installation?: So I done a manual upgrade to the Creators Update a few days ago but appear to have a corrupted user profile/s and possibly even a corrupted upgrade installation. I'm not sure what to do, I could transfer user files to a new user profile but it may be more trouble than...