Windows 10: New start menu corrupts with time

Discus and support New start menu corrupts with time in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Upgraded to 10 on 30th July. Since then after about an hour the start menu words and icons become corrupted and unreadable. Only in the start menu, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by slotty15, Aug 1, 2015.

1. slotty15 Win User

New start menu corrupts with time

Upgraded to 10 on 30th July. Since then after about an hour the start menu words and icons become corrupted and unreadable. Only in the start menu, the Cortana box and the metro style tiles. Nowhere else is affected neither apps nor internet pages apart from the Photos app. Tried reloading video drivers but no change. *Confused

:)

slotty15, Aug 1, 2015
  2. muzz53 Win User

win 10 corupt default user profile

Existing Account Corrupt.

Notifications - not visible.

Cortana – Not functioning.

“Start Menu – CRITICAL ERROR

Your Start Menu isn’t working.

We’ll try to fix it the next time you start.”

The FIX FAILS

Create New Account

The User Profile Service Failed the Sign-in.

User Profile Cannot be Loaded.

It looks like my Default USER Profile is corrupt.

muzz53, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Corrupt Start Menu

Hi,

The issue you're experiencing might be due to corrupted system files.

Having said that, please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about your concern:

• Is your Windows 10 updated?
    • Are your drivers up-to-date? If not, you can follow the steps found on this
      link
      on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.
    • When did the issue start? What were the changes made before the issue started?

In the meantime, you can check this link for some troubleshooting steps for problems
    with the Start menu.

Let's see if the same issue will occur when your PC is in Safe Mode. Starting your PC in
    Safe Mode can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC while using a limited set of files and drivers. Here's how to set your PC in
    Safe Mode:

• Press the Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    • Select Update & Security, then Recovery.
    • Click the Restart now button under Advanced startup.
    • Select Troubleshoot when you get into the Choose an option
      screen.
    • Select Advanced options, then Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Select 4 or press the F4 key from the keyboard after your PC restarts to start your PC now in
      Safe Mode.

Let us know what happens after following the above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Aug 1, 2015
  4. zenkhas Win User

They are not corrupted. Actually the graphics driver is causing the issue. Check if Conservative Morphological Anti-Aliasing is enabled, turn it off in the graphics settings and reboot. Hope this helps.

zenkhas, Aug 2, 2015
  5. slotty15 Win User
    How do I find out where to do that in Windows 10?

slotty15, Aug 2, 2015
  6. zenkhas Win User
    Right-click on the desktop, go to Graphics properties, and configure as follow:
    New start menu corrupts with time [​IMG]

zenkhas, Aug 3, 2015
  7. slotty15 Win User
    I don't see this nor is there an option called "graphics properties" when I right click. As far as I can see there is no Intel graphics control panel to make these adjustments. I only have the diver that came with windows and it doesn't show any controls like this in its properties menu.

slotty15, Aug 3, 2015
  8. zenkhas Win User

Then try to download the latest version of drivers from Intel Download Center
    Event if the version is same the one already installed. You will get Intel graphics control panel along with drivers that you can use to configure the GPU.

zenkhas, Aug 4, 2015
  9. slotty15 Win User
    Ok, did that, some improvement even with the change of driver but the menu on the graphics control panel for 3D does not have the options in your example screen. No mention of anti-aliasing at all. It says as attributes: Asynchronous Flip, Triple buffering, Flipping policy, Depth buffer bit depth, Force S3TC texture compression, Force FXT1 texture compression, Driver memory footprint, Texture color depth, Anisotropic filtering.

slotty15, Aug 4, 2015
  10. cachry Win User
    Same problem here with AMD Radeon 7700 HD video card. Have to restart to fix it.

cachry, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New start menu corrupts with time - Similar Threads - start menu corrupts

2. NEW START MENU

in Windows 10 Customization
    NEW START MENU: I just want to know that why my pc had not got the latest start menu even i am using windows 10 2004 with OS build 20161 preview version with no pending updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-start-menu/ba712f39-e8fe-4d3b-be7a-23d2c282f6d9
  3. NEW START MENU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NEW START MENU: I just want to know that why my pc had not got the latest start menu even i am using windows 10 2004 with OS build 20161 preview version with no pending updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-start-menu/804392cb-25db-4e9f-a587-c44ae4d45317
  4. Start menu icons get corrupted

Start menu icons get corrupted: My start menu icons are displaying like this... [ATTACH] How to resolve this? Thanks in advance... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-get-corrupted/1945669b-3558-4207-b8fc-c0627f4dc183
  5. Corrupted Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Start Menu: I upgraded to 1909 yesterday, and, among other things, the tiling operation of Start Menus is corrupted. For random tiles, they either don't work and/or cannot be moved, or some shortcuts are not successfully pinned. They either do or don't show up in the apps list on the...
  6. corrupted start menu and windows apps.

corrupted start menu and windows apps.: Good morning, My problem started about 2 weeks ago. whenever I try to open 'start menu' there is this popup : critical error please log out. and that's what I did at first, but the problem was never fixed. Then I discovered more issues, none of windows apps is working :...
  7. Start Menu corruption: "Tile database is corrupt"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu corruption: "Tile database is corrupt": Since updating Windows 10 to version 1803, I noticed that at the bottom of my Start Menu there is a category "Other" and one item under that category listed as "ms-resource:appDisplayName". When I click on it, it opens a page in Windows Store where I can check for app...
  8. Corrupted Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Start Menu Icons: Hello Windows 10 Forum, I am frequently getting corrupted icons appearing in my Start Menu. These icons are appearing anyways if I am signed in with Microsoft or with a local account. I am really annoyed with these white icons. I would be thankful if this great forum could...
  9. new start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    new start menu: i dont like the new start menu. i expect to see the full munu when i click the start button but now only see the tiles and have to click the hamburger bar to get the menu up 6211
  10. Start Menu Corrupted - ms-resource:appDisplayName

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Corrupted - ms-resource:appDisplayName: So lately I was faced by the following symptoms : 1 - Alot of apps not appearing on start menu where I can only run them through store 2 - Mysterious app called : ms-resource:appDisplayName appearing on start menu that can't be deleted / uninstalled 3 - All my previous...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changeowner user profile corrupts start menu windows10