Windows 10: New start menu in windows 10 is welcome change but still disappointing

Discus and support New start menu in windows 10 is welcome change but still disappointing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After using Windows 10 start menu for some time from early insiders builds to release I feel disappointed. It lacks features. Comparing Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VBs, Jul 30, 2015.

1. VBS
    VBs Win User

New start menu in windows 10 is welcome change but still disappointing

After using Windows 10 start menu for some time from early insiders builds to release I feel disappointed.
    It lacks features. Comparing Windows 7 right click menu items on start menu item and Windows 10 right click menu shows a lot functionality missing no renaming, copying, deleting etc.. it doesn't update well shortcuts left after uninstalling apps and so on.

So i decided to replace it.
    StartIsBack - real start menu for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 is my first choice I had good experience with it in windows 8/8.1

next would be free option classic shell
    Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements

anyone else thinks that windows 10 start menu is not so good and plans to replace it.

:)

2. A.D.B. Win User

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

My start menu worked find for more than a year, still works on one of the other users account, but stop working on mind, and I am the administrator; did the new account thank, start menu still does not work. Cortana works, got Microsoft edge to work again,
    but not the start menu. How sad, Microsoft can't fix it's own equipment. Really disappointed!

A.D.B., Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Change default font to other one

OK, thanks for clarifying.

That's not something that's currently supported for the new Start menu or other parts of the user interface that you mention. If you'd like to provide feedback about that, please do so using the Windows Feedback app that comes in Windows 10.

PeterCon [MSFT], Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

New start menu in windows 10 is welcome change but still disappointing

1. New start menu in windows 10 is welcome change but still disappointing - Similar Threads - start menu welcome

2. NEW START MENU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NEW START MENU: I just want to know that why my pc had not got the latest start menu even i am using windows 10 2004 with OS build 20161 preview version with no pending updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-start-menu/804392cb-25db-4e9f-a587-c44ae4d45317
  3. Windows 10’s new Start Menu vs old Start Menu: What’s changed?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new Start Menu vs old Start Menu: What’s changed?: Earlier this year, Microsoft introduced a new iconography design for Windows 10 that features a colourful and vibrant look. As part of the new design makeover, Live Tiles will be fading into the background, and new icons would be front and center as opposed to the current...
  4. Disappointed that you changed Sudoku

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Disappointed that you changed Sudoku: Dear Community, I am really disappointed that Microsoft chose to change the Sudoku games. The new games are way to bright and itstoo difficult to differentiate colors given the brightness of the blocks. I also do not like the ice breaker game....
  5. New Windows 10 start menu layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Windows 10 start menu layout: Hey, is there anyway I can get Windows Insider canary builds or at least builds that still haven't gotten into the fast ring yet without working at Microsoft? I know about the Skip-ahead ring but that is discontinued hopefully just for now so Skip-ahead isn't an option. Edit:...
  6. Windows 10 start menu not changing colors

Windows 10 start menu not changing colors: http://puu.sh/ChPmZ/745c8432b3.jpg Like in the picture my start menu background is not the same color as my accent color And yes i made sure the "show accent on start menu taskbar" is ticked...
  7. Weird Windows 10 Start Menu change

Weird Windows 10 Start Menu change: Hi, I had a friend contact me to say that their start menu had changed. I had a look, and it had indeed changed. The start menu opened to the All Apps by default, but showed small icons on the left for power, documents and other start menu items. I can't find any options to...
  8. Windows 10 start menu still freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu still freezes: I re-upgraded from 7 to 10 yesterday to give this OS another try. Most all of it has gone smoothly except for the start menu won't come up half the time. I ran sfc /scannow, no integrity violations. I changed the log in creds and put in a password. The reason being, the only...
  9. new start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    new start menu: i dont like the new start menu. i expect to see the full munu when i click the start button but now only see the tiles and have to click the hamburger bar to get the menu up 6211
  10. Start menu, still messy?!

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, still messy?!: Any option, to make my start menu a little bit useful? I only have 4 recelty installed apps on the top, the rest of it is full of softwares in aphabetical order *Sad I dont care of those, but there is no option to hide them. SHow me a video, or any instruction, how to...