Windows 10: New Start Menu not included in version W2004, then ?

Discus and support New Start Menu not included in version W2004, then ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After three attempts I downloaded version 2004 . I expected a new Start page - but everything is the same. When do we get the new Start Menu ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SignpostUL, Jul 28, 2020.

1. New Start Menu not included in version W2004, then ?

After three attempts I downloaded version 2004 . I expected a new Start page - but everything is the same.

When do we get the new Start Menu ?

:)

SignpostUL, Jul 28, 2020

2. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jul 28, 2020
  3. #VSingh Win User
    Start menu is not working on Windows 10

I have tried till the troubleshooter and got this

"Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctly.

Now how do install these applications

#VSingh, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Karla Alm Win User

New Start Menu not included in version W2004, then ?

Windows 10 Start menu not working?

Hello,

We would like to know more so we could assist you better. Kindly clarify the following:

• What is your OS build and version?
    • Are you getting the same error message when you try to access the Start Menu by clicking the Windows key alone and also the Start Menu on the left side of your desktop?

For the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps to be able to use Cortana/ Search:

• Check for updates.
    • Restart your device.
    • Try the troubleshooter.
    • Create a new local administrator account.
    • Reset your PC.

For more information regarding the steps above, kindly refer to this link.

Should you have other concerns, let us know.

Karla Alm, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

New Start Menu not included in version W2004, then ?

1. New Start Menu not included in version W2004, then ? - Similar Threads - Start Menu included

2. Bundle version displaying in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bundle version displaying in start menu: Hello, when I pull up the start menu by tapping the Windows key, and I start typing to look for a program or file, sometimes there is a string that appears in the bottom right corner, and no results show up for a few seconds. If I close out of the menu and do it again, it...
  3. Bundle version displaying in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bundle version displaying in start menu: Hello, when I pull up the start menu by tapping the Windows key, and I start typing to look for a program or file, sometimes there is a string that appears in the bottom right corner, and no results show up for a few seconds. If I close out of the menu and do it again, it...
  4. New Menu appears on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Menu appears on Start Menu: I have a problem on my computer. When I am opening the Start Menu to turn my computer off I have to click on the symbol for shutting down and then on "turn off". But if I am too slow with my mouse or clicking on the right part of the symbol a new useless menu opens up where...
  5. NEW START MENU

in Windows 10 Customization
    NEW START MENU: I just want to know that why my pc had not got the latest start menu even i am using windows 10 2004 with OS build 20161 preview version with no pending updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-start-menu/ba712f39-e8fe-4d3b-be7a-23d2c282f6d9
  6. NEW START MENU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NEW START MENU: I just want to know that why my pc had not got the latest start menu even i am using windows 10 2004 with OS build 20161 preview version with no pending updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-start-menu/804392cb-25db-4e9f-a587-c44ae4d45317
  7. Can't pin webpages to start menu in new version of Edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't pin webpages to start menu in new version of Edge.: I found a website that I wanted to pin to my start menu, but with this new update to Microsoft's Edge browser I can't seem to find that feature. I did find the option to pin a page to the taskbar or even pin a tab within Edge itself, but I already have several webpages pinned...
  8. Windows Applications (Including Taskbar and Start Menu) Do Not Respond

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Applications (Including Taskbar and Start Menu) Do Not Respond: This is a problem I've been having with Windows 10 since I upgraded from 7 and honestly it's making me want to reinstall 7 again. Every so often, normally after only a few minutes, any windows applications that are open, including photos, the task manager or even the task...
  9. new start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    new start menu: i dont like the new start menu. i expect to see the full munu when i click the start button but now only see the tiles and have to click the hamburger bar to get the menu up 6211
  10. include files from a certain directory in Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    include files from a certain directory in Start menu: Hope this is the right place... searched and couldn't find answer. This is something I found really really useful in Windows 7: somehow I managed to add a particular directory (not "My Documents", just a directory I chose) to the places where the Start menu goes looking...