Windows 10: New Storage space requirements for May 2019 Update

Discus and support New Storage space requirements for May 2019 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; https://www.onmsft.com/news/windows-10-may-2019-update-to-require-32gb-of-storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CrazyKats, Apr 26, 2019.

1. CrazyKats Win User

New Storage space requirements for May 2019 Update

https://www.onmsft.com/news/windows-10-may-2019-update-to-require-32gb-of-storage

:)

CrazyKats, Apr 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Apr 26, 2019
  3. New with Storage Space

Hi Jay,

Storage Spaces not only increase storage over time as you add drivers to your PC, it will also help you in protecting your data from drive failures. To get more information about Storage Spaces in Windows 10, please check on this
    link. The link will provide you steps as well on how to create a storage space and
    some information about what you need in order for you to create it.

Kindly update us with the result and let us know if you need further help.

Eileen Gal, Apr 26, 2019
  4. New Storage space requirements for May 2019 Update

External Drive using storage spaces does not work on my new Win 10 PC?

Hi Leo,

Storage Spaces not only increase storage over time as you add drivers to your PC, it will also help you in protecting your data from drive failures. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you were getting any error messages when trying
    to connect the external drive to your new PC. Also, can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and fix issues related to Storage Spaces. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar, then press
      Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Furthermore, here is a link for more information about the Storage
    Spaces in Windows 10

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

New Storage space requirements for May 2019 Update

1. New Storage space requirements for May 2019 Update - Similar Threads - Storage space requirements

2. Windows 10 May 2020 Update Storage Space Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update Storage Space Help: I want to update my Windows 10 to the May 2020 Update via WinUpdate. I have 23gb of space left on my hard drive. Will I have enough room for it? submitted by /u/AstroMan824 [link] [comments]...
  3. reserved storage space and May 2020 update questions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reserved storage space and May 2020 update questions.: I have a question. I have a dell inspiron 3542 2 gb ram, 32 gb. Emmc storage notebook. Last month I had 12 gb. free storage. I did the May 2020 cumulative security update and it used up 3 gb. of storage. I now have 8.84 gb. free. After June 2020 security update, now 8.24 gb....
  4. Microsoft clarifies Windows 10 May 2019 Update storage requirements

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft clarifies Windows 10 May 2019 Update storage requirements: Microsoft’s support document stated that both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Windows 10 May 2019 Update will require 32GB of storage. This caused confusion, but Microsoft has clarified that Windows 10 version 1903 new storage requirements don’t apply to existing...
  5. Windows 10 May 2019 Update minimum system requirements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update minimum system requirements: Microsoft has finally rolled out Windows 10 May 2019 Update to advanced users. and with the first wave of devices receiving the update as we speak. Unlike the previous releases, Windows 10 May 2019 Update is only available for users who would like to install it. Any Windows...
  6. May 2019 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2019 update: Hello. I was wondering when the 1903 of windows will be released? How many weeks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2019-update/e1ff5233-7c1c-4c7f-8fe3-cd9d0089c39c
  7. May 2019 Update, increases storage requirement---- clarification?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2019 Update, increases storage requirement---- clarification?: I have a detailed document, much of it above my head, with the hardware requirements for the May update showing it to have been increased to 32 GB, and more for the 64bit OS. There are certain things important to those of us with 2-in-1 small storage Tablet PCs which are not...
  8. Minimum storage requirement increases for Windows 10 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Minimum storage requirement increases for Windows 10 May 2019 Update: 3.3.1 Storage device size Devices that run Windows 10 for desktop editions must include a storage device that meets the size requirements shown in Table 12. Table 12: Storage size requirements for devices that run Windows 10 for desktop editions OS architecture OS version...
  9. Microsoft updates CPU requirements page for Windows 10 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates CPU requirements page for Windows 10 May 2019 Update: This specification details the processors that can be used with Customer Systems that include Windows Products (including Custom Images). Updates to this specification may be released in the future as requirements change.For each listed edition, Company must use only the...
  10. Storage spaces issues, help required

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage spaces issues, help required: I want to set up a drive with Raid 5 or parity. Rather than using a hardware raid card i decided to use the storage space option in win 10. My understanding of raid 5 is that you have the capacity of all the drives added together less one drive so if you have a 4 drive setup...