Windows 10: New stray account appeared after replacing CPU

Discus and support New stray account appeared after replacing CPU in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I recently upgraded my CPU from a Ryzen 2700X to a Ryzen 5800X. All is well except for the appearance of a stray account on my login... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by riveter, Feb 21, 2021.

1. riveter Win User

New stray account appeared after replacing CPU

Hello everyone.
    I recently upgraded my CPU from a Ryzen 2700X to a Ryzen 5800X. All is well except for the appearance of a stray account on my login screen. It has the same name as my account which is my only account. And only one account shows up in the User Accounts settings. The stray account causes a delay in startup, but once I click on my normal account, I can enter my PIN and get right in. How can I get rid of the stray account?

New stray account appeared after replacing CPU [​IMG]

:)

riveter, Feb 21, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 21, 2021
  3. How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Feb 21, 2021
  4. New stray account appeared after replacing CPU

cpu upgrade - w10 wont boot

Replacing disks is no problem.

In my experience, replacing motherboards almost always results in crashes.

You could run this experiment:

• Create an image of your System partition. Store in on an external USB disk.
    • Insert the new CPU.
    • Install Windows. I bet that it will work flawlessly.
    • Restore the image you created in Step 1.

Frederik Long, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

New stray account appeared after replacing CPU

1. New stray account appeared after replacing CPU - Similar Threads - stray account appeared

2. unable to log in to microsoft services after replacing CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to log in to microsoft services after replacing CPU: I replaced my Ryzen 7 2700x with a 5600x and can boot into Windows fine, but cannot log into any services such as Xbox game pass or the Microsoft store. I can log in just fine on the website and through any other device. I have my Windows key in front of me in case it's an...
  3. NEW CPU MESSAGE APPEARING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEW CPU MESSAGE APPEARING: I had windows 11 free upgrade few weeks ago. Just yesterday I had an unusual message coming up when starting PC....so no windows logo appears at all, although present after clicking no to the message, windows runs. It is annoying. It seems to think there is a NEW CPU...
  4. NEW CPU MESSAGE APPEARING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEW CPU MESSAGE APPEARING: I had windows 11 free upgrade few weeks ago. Just yesterday I had an unusual message coming up when starting PC....so no windows logo appears at all, although present after clicking no to the message, windows runs. It is annoying. It seems to think there is a NEW CPU...
  5. No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement.: Split from this thread.This PC is running an activated Windows 10. I have replaced the motherboard & CPU NOT the hard disk with the activated software and system now tells me it needs activating - and no error code is produced by the system. The inability to communicate...
  6. CPU Fan running at full after replacement

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU Fan running at full after replacement: I just swapped out my dying CPU Fan for a new one and since, my pc has been running the fan at full nearly constantly, when I’m not doing anything. Any ideas how to fix it? Seems to be a software thing as the fan is throttling up and down every so often. Thanks. submitted by...
  7. Cpu replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cpu replacement: I have a Dell e5520 i3 laptop.8 gig ram(max) Q can i just upgrade the i3 to an i5 or i7 cpu without any other components i.e just swap the CPU?. regards topper. Win 10 insider latest update as of 21/2/2020 150987
  8. Reactvation after MOBO and CPU replacement.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactvation after MOBO and CPU replacement.: A few days ago I attempted to perform the cu update from 1903 xxxxx.418 to 1909 using the files and procedure from uudump. Downloading and creating the ISO all went well. Mounted the ISO on my SSD and initiated the upgrade. It was proceeding as it should. At some point my pc...
  9. Audio from stray adds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Audio from stray adds: In MS Edge, I keep hearing audio from adds that are not on my screen. Is this a problem with Edge, or with Yahoo home page. Is there a way to shut it off, or keep adds from auto playing ??...
  10. New account has appeared after update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New account has appeared after update: Hello everyone, after I installed the update on my laptop (with windows 10) a new account only visible when I first boot up my laptop has appeared. It is selected by default and it has my name (the same as my original account linked to my hotmail address), and by default...