Windows 10: New Strix B550-F motherboard leads to Win 10 Pro recovery issues

Discus and support New Strix B550-F motherboard leads to Win 10 Pro recovery issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My upgrade to a Strix B550-F mb from an ASUS Strix B350-F was smooth with no POST issues - even saw my dual channel memory w/o having to start with 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Haybarn, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Haybarn Win User

New Strix B550-F motherboard leads to Win 10 Pro recovery issues

My upgrade to a Strix B550-F mb from an ASUS Strix B350-F was smooth with no POST issues - even saw my dual channel memory w/o having to start with 1 stick. But, silly me - I forgot to suspend bitlocker on all my drives before installing the new motherboard. It boots into UEFI ok with F2 or DEL but on save and exit it says my PIN cannot be used (too bad - it auto unlocks my m.2 to start Win 10). It asks for my last password instead. I provide it but it will not start. It cannot repair the start up and the SSD's remain locked. If I start over my keyboard often fails when typing recovery keys again.

The ASUS CD packed with the MB is supposed to have the file "asseup" in the BIN folder that will automatically set up the hardware for this MB. No such file exists - the entire disk is just FDOS folders and files. I've never seen that before. I'll call ASUS tomorrow.

In the meantime, I used my laptop to create a USB Win 10 Setup on USB that when booted repeats the same issues. I'll download the drivers to it. as I think I'm left with a refresh or clean reinstall. I have dozens of proprietary business applications as well as Microsoft 365 - it will be awful to reinstall and tweak them all over again. My data is backed up to the cloud and the SSD's..

Sorry for not introducing myself in my first post - will do that once I'm up and running.

Thanks
    System:
    Windows 10 64 Pro (10.0.19041 Build 19041)
    Fractal Meshify Tower
    ASUS Strix B550-F Gaming (not WiFi)
    Ryzen 5 Ver 3 3600 (not X)
    Seasonic 550w Focus 80+ Gold PSU Semi-modular
    2 x 8gb GSkill DDR4-2400 15-15-15
    Radeon Series 7 200 (I don't game or edit videos)
    Samsung 250gb 960 EVO m.2 (Windows and programs)
    WD 1tb SSD
    SanDisk 480gb SSD
    Crucial 550 256gb SSD
    Toshiba 2tb HDD

:)

Haybarn, Sep 17, 2020

2. ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming Motherboard Sata Ports 3 and 6 Issue

Hi Rjnagy.

According to manual those are ports 5 and 6

Attachment 174609

Further it comments that these ports will be shared when a SATA / PCIe mode m.2 device is installed.

Attachment 174610

Interesting because when mine is running m2 PCIe those ports are disable. Of course mine is a different architecture.

Not sure if you made a lot of changes to BIOS. What I would suggest, if you know your BIOS settings, remove m2, then load defaults in BIOS, save and see if that wakes them up.

I believe you will have issues if you want your m2 installed as well. Is your m2 Sata or PCIe?

You could contact Asus and confirm with your specific m2 if those ports are disable.

Your manual

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboa...lpDesk_Manual/

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 17, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Win 10 Pro OEM activation issue

Hello Larry,

Significant hardware changes such as replacing your hard drive or motherboard may lead to issues in activating Windows 10. To better assist you and provide you with the appropriate resolution, we would like to know a few more information. Kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Did Windows 10 Pro came pre-installed with your computer?
    • Do you have the Windows 10 Pro installation disc available?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to key in your activation code?
    • Were there any significant hard ware changes done on your computer?
    • What were the exact troubleshooting steps you and the MS support teams have tried?

As an initial recommendation, you may check on this article and follow the steps provided to run the Activation troubleshooter:
    Using the Activation troubleshooter.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Sep 17, 2020
  4. New Strix B550-F motherboard leads to Win 10 Pro recovery issues

AMD ASUS STRIX X470-F STRIX Motherboard Packaging Pictured

Whereas not the sexiest leak one can see these days, the packaging picture of ASUS' upcoming X470-F STRIX is nothing to scoff at. This ASUS motherboard is expected to enter ASUS' lineup in the same positioning as the X370-F STRIX motherboard from the previous generation, offering the same borderline functionality and features, with one or two design improvements thrown in for good measure. As a X470 motherboard, the ASUS X470-F STRIX should offer out-of-box support for AMD's upcoming Ryzen 2000 series of processors in the cleanest, more trouble-proof way possible.

Some small redesigns this X470-F STRIX has had over its X370 counterpart is that the southbridge heatsink has been extended to cover the top portion of the first PCIe x16 port - likely to house a second M.2 add-in slot, since that amount of heatsink over motherboard PCB would simply be wasteful. From the packaging, we can see that there are 3x PCIe x16 slots, two of which are reinforced. Some power delivery improvements have reportedly been done as well. The southbridge heatsink itself has seen a redesign, it seems, abandoning the angular look it had before - a step back, if you'll ask me. Expect this ASUS X40-F STRIX motherboard to be available from the Ryzen 2000 series' launch, on April 19th.

New Strix B550-F motherboard leads to Win 10 Pro recovery issues JZX0uepeQLB4YqRq_thm.jpg

New Strix B550-F motherboard leads to Win 10 Pro recovery issues bjfBstBfJSSNsS45_thm.jpg

New Strix B550-F motherboard leads to Win 10 Pro recovery issues ajKy3gmxrwAUYlc9_thm.jpg

Raevenlord, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

New Strix B550-F motherboard leads to Win 10 Pro recovery issues

1. New Strix B550-F motherboard leads to Win 10 Pro recovery issues - Similar Threads - Strix B550 motherboard

2. I have a ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi II motherboard, and the wifi antenna is not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi II motherboard, and the wifi antenna is not working...: The antenna is screwed in in the back and is not working. On Device Manager it is not under network adapters. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-wifi-ii/cea82136-d127-47e2-aa3f-32ee77b0dc09
  3. I have a ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi II motherboard, and the wifi antenna is not working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi II motherboard, and the wifi antenna is not working...: The antenna is screwed in in the back and is not working. On Device Manager it is not under network adapters. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-wifi-ii/cea82136-d127-47e2-aa3f-32ee77b0dc09
  4. Are there any compatibility issues between asus rog strix b550-f mb and the mp600 m.2 nvme...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there any compatibility issues between asus rog strix b550-f mb and the mp600 m.2 nvme...: I have bought 2 brand new m.2 mp600 ssds with windows installed on one of them however when i try and use this drive to boot windows, windows fails to operate normally and I get a bsod before i get onto the log in page, however with my old mp510 drive my pc runs fine. Is...
  5. Are there any compatibility issues between asus rog strix b550-f mb and the mp600 m.2 nvme...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Are there any compatibility issues between asus rog strix b550-f mb and the mp600 m.2 nvme...: I have bought 2 brand new m.2 mp600 ssds with windows installed on one of them however when i try and use this drive to boot windows, windows fails to operate normally and I get a bsod before i get onto the log in page, however with my old mp510 drive my pc runs fine. Is...
  6. Are there any compatibility issues between asus rog strix b550-f mb and the mp600 m.2 nvme...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Ryzen 5600x and Asus Strix B550-E Not Booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ryzen 5600x and Asus Strix B550-E Not Booting: Hi Guys. My second machine was working perfectly yesterday but when I powered it on this morning it hung forever at the Asus boot screen for like 10 minutes before finally booting. I am not sure why its taking so long. I have been trying various things through-out the day...
  8. Non Booting Asus Strix B550-E

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non Booting Asus Strix B550-E: I got my motherboard this week and started assembling it on Friday. However its not getting past the orange memory light. I am wondering if its shorting somewhere so I am planning to take everything out of the case and test it. I have tried bios flashback but that doesnt...
  9. Ethernet Connection Randomly Reconnect ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F WI-FI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Connection Randomly Reconnect ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F WI-FI: Hello , i have a problem a few days with my ethernet connection . i can not play online games because my ethernet connection randomly reconnect after 6-10 minutes.... in ethernet status the duration everytime is resetting after a period....... please help !...
  10. ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming Motherboard Sata Ports 3 and 6 Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming Motherboard Sata Ports 3 and 6 Issue: Hello All, I have a Asus ROG STRIX B350-F and I have been trying to plug a hard drive into what I believe are Sata Ports 3 or 6 and while it seems the drive shows up in the bios. It does not show up in Windows 10. This is the amd ryzen version of the board. I cannot find a...