Windows 10: New Subscription Options for Windows 10 and Surface for Businesses

Discus and support New Subscription Options for Windows 10 and Surface for Businesses in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today, I will speak to thousands of our partners at the Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) in Toronto. WPC is our largest partner conference of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New Subscription Options for Windows 10 and Surface for Businesses

Source: Announcing New Subscription Options for Windows 10 and Surface for Businesses | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Jul 11, 2016
  2. ARC1020 Win User

First thoughts were "Mmm, Hololens Phone..."

Then it occurred to me, if it's a Hololens phone, why wouldn't you make the phone have a 24" screen. Then it occurred to me, if we're in the realms of Hololens, why would you even need to hold a phone. *Eek

New Subscription Options for Windows 10 and Surface for Businesses [​IMG]

:)

ARC1020, Jul 11, 2016
  3. Can we applied license of windows10 just like office 365pro if we take "Microsoft 365 Business"?

Microsoft 365 Business is a subscription, which means, the Windows 10 licenses included with it are not permanent.

Here is an explanation of how it works:

Microsoft wraps cloud subscription services into new Microsoft 365 bundles | ZDNet

The Microsoft 365 version of Windows 10 is known as Windows 10 Enterprise E3 or E5 and is also a subscription only. It requires having a machine already preinstalled with Windows 10 Pro.

Microsoft Introduces Windows 10 Enterprise Subscriptions - groovyPost

Andre Da Costa, Jul 11, 2016
  4. New Subscription Options for Windows 10 and Surface for Businesses

Windows 10 IS NOT for businesses.

Is it just me or does anyone else in business think that Windows 10 is just about the worse version of Windows for running a company? The company I work for uses Windows 7 because it is the one best suited for businesses. I would still be using XP if Microsoft
    still supported it. Businesses don't need all the "fluff" that Microsoft put into Windows 8 and 10. I can only conclude that the executives at Microsoft are idiots and don't really care what's best for businesses. They want everyone on 10 no matter what. Personally,
    I'm about ready to recommend to the boss that we dump Microsoft and go to Linux. There's been a lot of improvements in it in the last couple of years and there isn't any one person to make stupid decisions concerning it.

JohnLawrenceIII, Jul 11, 2016
  5. dmex Win User
    "just $7 a seat per month"

Why would anyone pay money every month just to use their own hardware? Seems like a terrible idea.

6. You also get enterprise-grade security and management capabilities. If your a small business it could be cost effective instead of having to pay a full salary to someone that could spend most of his or her time, just waiting for something to happen. Also Enterprise versions of Windows do not have the buy once use forever option like the consumer versions. Your going to have to pay for licensing anyway. This new option could be cheaper than how it is currently. It's not something the average consumer is going to enroll in, as far as I can see anyway.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

New Subscription Options for Windows 10 and Surface for Businesses

1. New Subscription Options for Windows 10 and Surface for Businesses - Similar Threads - Subscription Options Surface

2. Microsoft Business subscription- ownership split

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Business subscription- ownership split: Hello, my question is regarding Business located in Canada. Company A has 200 licenses as per amount of users. If Company A decides to split to Companies B and C, or if 50 users decide to start another Company D not related to Company A - is it possible to change ownership of...
  3. Microsoft Business subscription- ownership split

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Business subscription- ownership split: Hello, my question is regarding Business located in Canada. Company A has 200 licenses as per amount of users. If Company A decides to split to Companies B and C, or if 50 users decide to start another Company D not related to Company A - is it possible to change ownership of...
  4. Microsoft Business subscription- ownership split

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. New Surface Pro 7+ for Business

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 7+ for Business: Surface Pro 7+ for Business, the latest generation of the class defining Surface 2-in-1 delivers next level performance and versatility to commercial enterprises and educational institutions. [ATTACH] Key differences with Surface Pro 7+ for Business: Removable SSD with...
  6. Windows 10 Business - Subscription Active but fails to activate

Windows 10 Business - Subscription Active but fails to activate: Per the subject, at one location we have a lot of Windows 7 machines that we'd like to get upgraded to Windows 10 and then activate as Windows 10 Business as a part of an M365 Business Premium subscription. We have ADConnect setup to ensure Hybrid Azure AD along with GPO's...
  7. Activate Windows 10 problem, I have subscription for Microsoft 365 for business

Activate Windows 10 problem, I have subscription for Microsoft 365 for business: Hello, I bought a subscription to Microsoft 365 for Business (which also includes a subscription to Windows 10). I repeat, it's a business subscription. I bought a new laptop (Dell) without a windows license (with ubuntu operating system). I downloaded from...
  8. What is new in Surface for Business

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in Surface for Business: As we discussed in our last Surface for Business blog, the Surface for Business portfolio is tailored specifically for commercial and education customers. We are constantly listening to and learning from our customers and have an amazing team dedicated to continually...
  9. business subscription of Microsoft Office

in Microsoft Office and 365
    business subscription of Microsoft Office: Sorry, I couldn't figure out a more descriptive name for my questions . . . I have the business subscription of Microsoft Office. It's installed on my Desktop (dual boot, so two), Lenovo 14", HP 17" and my daughter's Lenovo Lappy. OK, so that's my five installations. When...
  10. Surface Hub announces customer subscription, deployment options...

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Hub announces customer subscription, deployment options...: Partner ecosystem continues to innovate to help more businesses transform how they do business with Surface Hub. Today, ISE 2017, the largest AV and integrated systems conference in the world, kicks off in Amsterdam. The Surface Hub team is pleased to share exciting news...