Windows 10: New Surace & Exisitng PC Sync Issues

Discus and support New Surace & Exisitng PC Sync Issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently received a replacement Surface. The ensuing set up his has resulted in 1) the sync of Edge favourites from PC to Surface no longer working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DougFAPAC, Oct 16, 2018.

1. DougFAPAC Win User

New Surace & Exisitng PC Sync Issues

I recently received a replacement Surface. The ensuing set up his has resulted in 1) the sync of Edge favourites from PC to Surface no longer working 2) the pop up reminder panel in Outlook 2016 desktop no longer containing tasks on either machine.

Sadly I set up my new Surface up with my Office 365 Microsoft Business account login while my PC is set up with a personal Microsoft account. Edge on the Surface does not allow me to change the account Edge uses.

Ideally I would remove the Office 365 account from Surface, (as the PC has the config I like) use my personal account on both machines the set up sync all settings so I basically have the same machine on 2 different pieces of hardware.

Is there anyone out there who can advise in simple terms how to:

1) enable reminders to pop up in the pop up reminder panel

2) how to remove the Office 365 account from Surface & what if any risks I run by doing so.

:)

DougFAPAC, Oct 16, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

1. New Surace & Exisitng PC Sync Issues - Similar Threads - Surace Exisitng Sync

2. Sync issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync issues: My windows 11 laptop is not syncing with my windows 10 desktop.If I save something on win10 desktop, it carrys over and sync to win11 laptop. But will not do vice versa.How should I go about troubleshooting this issue??Could it be win10 vs win11 issue?Thank you Vickie...
  3. Syncing Onedrive files to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing Onedrive files to new PC: I have a Onedrive account that currently syncs to my Windows 11 PC. If I sign into that account from a new PC replacing my existing PC, will it sync all of the existing files to my new PC?...
  4. Syncing Onedrive files to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing Onedrive files to new PC: I have a Onedrive account that currently syncs to my Windows 11 PC. If I sign into that account from a new PC replacing my existing PC, will it sync all of the existing files to my new PC?...
  5. Set Up questions for Surace Go 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Set Up questions for Surace Go 2: I just bought a new Surface Go 2, which of course runs Windows 10S. I have two questions. Please note that the questions are connected in that I need to accomplish the first objective without compromising my capability to accomplish the second. First question, I don't want to...
  6. Sync issues from laptop to new desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync issues from laptop to new desktop: I am having trouble trying to sync everything from my laptop to my new desktop and I'm not sure why or how to fix it. When I go to'sync your settings' on my laptop all the toggles are locked and there's this odd error message at the top that says "Sync is unavailable for your...
  7. Sync issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sync issue: It is Your Phone app installed on my phone and it won’t sync properly with my computer. The app works in a strange way - the messages that I don’t have in the phone are synced mixed up with messages that I have in the phone...
  8. New PC issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New PC issues: Hey all, I recently bought a second-hand pc. When turned on, it displays the Dell logo (Dell Optiplex 780) and then proceeds to the windows setup. When at the windows setup, it asks me for my region. This would all be fine except that my mouse and keyboard both appear to be...
  9. syncing issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    syncing issues: Hi all, Yesterday my one drive wasn't signing in, it just wouldn't do it, so today I thought id do a format of my laptop with windows 10 and my one drive is now working ok. The problem I know have is when I've performed the format it usually auto syncs and my desktop...
  10. Syncing Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Syncing Issue: Hi my laptop keeps telling me there's an error syncing Minecraft.ink and I've tried everything to sync it and stop popping up with the error. If anyone could just tell me how to remove the thing that tells me about syncing issues or tell me how to fix it that would be great....