Windows 10: New Surface laptop GO Keyboard

Discus and support New Surface laptop GO Keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can anyone let me know if this new laptop from MS supports backlit keys? the command does not show up in the mobility config nor can I find an app or a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kentune1, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Kentune1 Win User

New Surface laptop GO Keyboard

Can anyone let me know if this new laptop from MS supports backlit keys? the command does not show up in the mobility config nor can I find an app or a function key? Can it be MS released a new laptop without this feature? Help?

:)

Kentune1, Oct 25, 2020

2. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center does not recognize Microsoft Surface Laptop keyboard

Problem:

1. I have a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop, with Windows 10 Pro, which naturally comes with a brand new Microsoft keyboard hardwired to the laptop.
    2. I installed the
      Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center
      to reassign some of the keyboard keys.
    3. However, Microsoft's keyboard program does not detect Microsoft's own keyboard!
    Failed solutions:

1. All the help pages say "update your drivers" or "unplug the USB device and plug it back in." However, this is a laptop keyboard, which is hardwired, not a USB keyboard. It is working fine, so there's no reason why the program should not detect it.
    2. Yes, EVERYTHING is up to date, including ALL Windows Updates and ALL keyboard drivers.
    3. Yes, I tried the troubleshooter.
    4. Yes, I checked
      the list of "supported devices" that Microsoft lists here
      . But they are all mice, none of them are keyboards.
    5. Screenshots of my steps are below -- Microsoft moderators, please don't dismiss me by saying "run the troubleshooter" or "update your drivers" or "turn it off and on again."
    Questions:

1. Has anyone actually SEEN the Mouse and Keyboard Center recognize a Windows laptop keyboard? Not a USB external keyboard, the actual physical laptop keyboard?
    2. Does the Mouse and Keyboard Center actually work with laptops? There's no documentation suggesting it shouldn't, especially with Microsoft's own hardware (like the Surface Laptop).
    3. Where is there a list of what keyboards work with the "Mouse and *Keyboard* Center"?
    Screenshots:

1. "No supported device detected"

New Surface laptop GO Keyboard fcf9e7af-3161-4074-b129-b6833779b44f?upload=true.png

2. "The best drivers are already installed"

New Surface laptop GO Keyboard f45af9e7-01c2-4665-9df1-9dc0661d42ee?upload=true.png

New Surface laptop GO Keyboard 34fcc9c2-7226-431b-8af2-5b55d425826a?upload=true.png

3. "Keyboard troubleshooting has completed, no changes or updates were necessary"

New Surface laptop GO Keyboard b93ddf51-87ff-4e6e-b2cc-00da48760412?upload=true.png

Daniel_336, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

New Surface Laptop Drivers and Firmware Update Oct. 18

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

See also: Updates for Surface Pro, Surface Laptop, Surface Book, and Surface Pro 3 (18 October 2017) Surface

Offline download: Download Surface Laptop Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. New Surface laptop GO Keyboard - Similar Threads - Surface laptop Keyboard

2. Administrative Policies on New Surface Go Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrative Policies on New Surface Go Laptop: I just purchased new surface go laptop about two days ago for school and had decided to upgrade to Windows 11, I went through the steps online to check if my laptop was ready for the update but i had a few updates that needed to be installed beforehand, so I got those...
  3. Administrative Policies on New Surface Go Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrative Policies on New Surface Go Laptop: I just purchased new surface go laptop about two days ago for school and had decided to upgrade to Windows 11, I went through the steps online to check if my laptop was ready for the update but i had a few updates that needed to be installed beforehand, so I got those...
  4. Administrative Policies on New Surface Go Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. New Surface Laptop Go WiFi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Surface Laptop Go WiFi keeps disconnecting: I suspect there's a driver problem on my new Surface Laptop Go. The WiFi works and cuts out frequently about every 20 minutes or so then it will just come back on. Any WELs I can check to diagnose? Any tools to run By default, I'm on Windows 10 S - so CMD prompt doesn't...
  6. Microsoft Surface Go 2 - Microsoft Surface Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface Go 2 - Microsoft Surface Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard...: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Go 2 back in July. Everything was working great until I noticed that the Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard I purchased with it would randomly start disconnecting. This would usually be after leaving my desk for a few minutes. I have...
  7. New Surface Laptop

New Surface Laptop: I recently purchased a Microsoft laptop and set-up using my credentials. I also set-up a all-in-one PC for my father a year ago. Now all my documents are showing up on my father's PC. How do I stop this?...
  8. Introducing Surface Laptop Go, and new updates to Surface Pro X

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Surface Laptop Go, and new updates to Surface Pro X: Available for preorder today, Surface Laptop Go extends the Surface lineup by delivering standout design at a more affordable price. The idea of working and learning from home, which at one point felt temporary, has for many of us started to feel more permanent. Even as some...
  9. Brand New Surface Go

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New Surface Go: I attempted to continue with program installations, I found that I couldn't log in. The next day I attempted to log in and it comes up with: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to...
  10. Surface Go Reset to New

Surface Go Reset to New: I have a Surface Go and I want to set it back to New and Give to my Niece. She can set it up as here Own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-go-reset-to-new/8f7efe16-cb99-458c-89b1-ff112af090be