Windows 10: New Surface Pro 7 BSOD Loop

Discus and support New Surface Pro 7 BSOD Loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I have just Purchased a new SP7 yesterday and just finished the setup while waiting for Dropbox files to sync it went into BSOD and now will Loop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ranma103, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Ranma103 Win User

New Surface Pro 7 BSOD Loop

Hi I have just Purchased a new SP7 yesterday and just finished the setup while waiting for Dropbox files to sync it went into BSOD and now will Loop without stopping.

:)

Ranma103, Dec 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 Pro transfer to new Surface 7 Pro

I just purchased a Surface 7 Pro to upgrade from my Surface 3 with Windows 10 Pro. The Surface 7 Pro has the Windows 10 Home version that I would like to upgrade with Windows 10 Pro but don't know where to find my Product Key. I don't recall purchasing
    and I believe that my last Microsoft Windows update resulted in the Pro version being installed. Can anyone help with step-by-step instructions on where to find the product key so that I can copy and install in my Surface 7 Pro.

MorrisGarcia, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. New Surface Pro 7 BSOD Loop - Similar Threads - Surface Pro BSOD

2. Surface Pro 7 BSOD SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 7 BSOD SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION: Hi We have a Surface Pro 7 that keeps blue screening. We enabled driver verifier and please attached bluescreen dump file, it shows the bug string check as SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION, but we can't find out which driver is causing it. If somebody is able to help...
  3. Surface Pro 7 BSOD SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 7 BSOD SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION: Hi We have a Surface Pro 7 that keeps blue screening. We enabled driver verifier and please attached bluescreen dump file, it shows the bug string check as SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION, but we can't find out which driver is causing it. If somebody is able to help...
  4. Brand new Surface Pro 7 stuck on repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new Surface Pro 7 stuck on repair loop: Hello all. I just recently purchased a Surface Pro 7, and after only one day of use it won't start anymore. There were no issues when I first used it, and I did a shutdown and update that night. The following day, it's stuck on a repair loop. I've done all of the Microsoft...
  5. New Surface Pro 7+ for Business

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 7+ for Business: Surface Pro 7+ for Business, the latest generation of the class defining Surface 2-in-1 delivers next level performance and versatility to commercial enterprises and educational institutions. [ATTACH] Key differences with Surface Pro 7+ for Business: Removable SSD with...
  6. Weird issue on new Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird issue on new Surface Pro 7: I use the same apps and settings on this, my old Dell laptop and my home-built desktop PC. File explorer can not show preview tiles for many image types on the Surface. It shows the image viewer icon only. The same images preview just fine on the other machines. It seems WEBP...
  7. Continuos BSODs on my new Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuos BSODs on my new Surface Pro 7: Hi, a month ago i received a replacement for my Surface Pro 7 which had stopped recognizing my keyboard after just three months of having it, but the new one is giving me problems yet again. As soon as I got it, it immediately started giving me random BSODs. I spent the last...
  8. Surface Pro 7 frequently crashes to BSOD

Surface Pro 7 frequently crashes to BSOD: Hi there. Hope someone here may be able to help me out with this issue. I recently bought a Surface Pro 7, and it is bluescreening several times per day, seemingly with a new error message each time. I am also experiencing random restarts without a visible bluescreen. These...
  9. new surface pro 7 startup is not working

new surface pro 7 startup is not working: brand new surface pro says "something went wrong" when trying to start up and select English https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-surface-pro-7-startup-is-not-working/7186f354-facf-4529-882e-c5024af02b4d
  10. New Surface Pro 7

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    New Surface Pro 7: Hi, I have always been a fan of Microsoft until my surface pro 3 - loved it in the beginning however it always had a bit of a bug now and then with the screen. This eventually got worse and worse by the time i found out what the bug was in the touch screen the surface was out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 7 constant bsod

2. surface pro 7 binstalling Windows loop

3. Surface Pro 7 restart loop

4. surface pro stuck in uefi loop,
  5. surface pro bsod loop,
  6. surface bsod loop,
  7. surface pro 7 uefi loop