Windows 10: NEW SURFACE PRO 8 DOESN'T WORK

Discus and support NEW SURFACE PRO 8 DOESN'T WORK in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; New surface pro 8, completes first 2 setup questions but then changes language to German and won't accept my Microsoft account login, which I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SueFawcett1, Mar 18, 2023.

1. NEW SURFACE PRO 8 DOESN'T WORK

New surface pro 8, completes first 2 setup questions but then changes language to German and won't accept my Microsoft account login, which I have double checked and logged into on another device. Nor will it accept my alias account it says "That username looks like it belongs to aother organisation" What does that mean? has this device been locked to another organisation and sold to me as new?

:)

SueFawcett1, Mar 18, 2023
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

NEW SURFACE PRO 8 DOESN'T WORK 233722d1557862791t-windows-doesn-t-start-authomatic-repair-doesn-t-work-hdd-test-1-.png

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Bree Win User
    Can I use these surface pros?

Boot to the UEFI setup screen and see if it's listed there. If not, check all the settings in case one of them is disabling it. Try resetting the bios to its defaults.

If the SSD has failed, then it cannot be replaced as it is soldered in.

Can you upgrade SSD on Surface Pro 5? - SurfaceTip

4. NEW SURFACE PRO 8 DOESN'T WORK

I have a weird powercfg /a response and no Hibernate anywhere-Surface Pro 3

I have tried all manners that I know of to enable Hibernate

Microsoft support has posted a help article with instructions to fix this issue:

Source Surface Pro 3 or Surface 3 doesn't hibernate in Windows 10

DavidPostill, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

NEW SURFACE PRO 8 DOESN'T WORK

1. NEW SURFACE PRO 8 DOESN'T WORK - Similar Threads - SURFACE PRO DOESN'T

2. Surface Pro 8 Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 8 Administrator: I changed the administrator on my sons surface pro 9 from my wife to him and as a result lost all his files, how do we recover them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-8-administrator/f3d8c321-5355-43c7-8d59-8f54c226be9d
  3. Surface Pro 8 Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 Administrator: I changed the administrator on my sons surface pro 9 from my wife to him and as a result lost all his files, how do we recover them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-8-administrator/f3d8c321-5355-43c7-8d59-8f54c226be9d
  4. Stolen Surface Pro 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stolen Surface Pro 8: So my Surface Pro 8 got stolen.If the thief reinstalls windows on the device, will I be able to find it using "find my device" option?Thing is when I registered my device I was asked for chassis number and that can't be changed.It has latest windows 11 update if this means...
  5. Stolen Surface Pro 8

Stolen Surface Pro 8: So my Surface Pro 8 got stolen.If the thief reinstalls windows on the device, will I be able to find it using "find my device" option?Thing is when I registered my device I was asked for chassis number and that can't be changed.It has latest windows 11 update if this means...
  6. NEW SURFACE PRO 8 DOESN'T WORK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEW SURFACE PRO 8 DOESN'T WORK: New surface pro 8, completes first 2 setup questions but then changes language to German and won't accept my Microsoft account login, which I have double checked and logged into on another device. Nor will it accept my alias account it says "That username looks like it...
  7. NEW SURFACE PRO 8 DOESN'T WORK

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NEW SURFACE PRO 8 DOESN'T WORK: New surface pro 8, completes first 2 setup questions but then changes language to German and won't accept my Microsoft account login, which I have double checked and logged into on another device. Nor will it accept my alias account it says "That username looks like it...
  8. New Surface Pro 8 not booting after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Surface Pro 8 not booting after restart: Hi all,I recently purchased a Surface Pro 8 and found that after a windows update prompted restart, the surface no longer moves beyond the windows logo in the Windows 11 boot sequence. I have tried the following already:* Rolling back to earlier restore point* Clean install...
  9. New Surface Pro 8 not booting after restart

New Surface Pro 8 not booting after restart: Hi all,I recently purchased a Surface Pro 8 and found that after a windows update prompted restart, the surface no longer moves beyond the windows logo in the Windows 11 boot sequence. I have tried the following already:* Rolling back to earlier restore point* Clean install...
  10. NOX on the surface pro 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NOX on the surface pro 8: I want to install an android emulator called nox on my surface pro 8 but it wouldn't work at first because of memory integrity I disabled it and then it said that hyper v needed to be turned off and it is and then I got a message that the vm failed....