Windows 10: New Surface Pro - Photos App Fails to Launch

Discus and support New Surface Pro - Photos App Fails to Launch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I recently just got a brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 6 tablet for Christmas. I had a rather rocky start with the initial setup, as it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeyFishW16, Dec 27, 2018.

1. New Surface Pro - Photos App Fails to Launch

Hey, I recently just got a brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 6 tablet for Christmas. I had a rather rocky start with the initial setup, as it would constantly fail to update Windows as well as the app store apps, even when connected to the internet, which was eventually fixed by constantly restarting the computer.

Cutting to the real problem now: my default photos app simply will not launch correctly. Upon clicking on it from the start menu, a black window will pop up for a second, before it automatically closes. Trying to open it from the camera app by clicking the small preview in the bottom right causes the same thing to happen, but also creates an error message with the error code 0xA00F428B <FailedToLaunchPhotosApp>.

As for the possible solutions, I've checked and rechecked the Windows Update to make sure my Windows is all up to date. I've gone to the app settings, repaired the app, and reset the app. I've used the Windows PowerShell command prompt thing to uninstall the application and reinstalled it from the Microsoft store. I've shut down and restarted multiple times after each attempt. I've checked to make sure that all of my apps are up to date in the store. I took it to my local Microsoft Store today, and discovered that the problem persists even if one creates and accesses a different user on the tablet. The technician took a look at my tablet and even used his magic USB's to perform tests on it and such and so to determine if there was anything wrong, and no problems were detected. Basically, we've done everything short of a full factory reset to try to fix this problem. The technician said that even this probably wouldn't help because it would just set the tablet back to the same state it was in when I got it a couple days ago, where the photos app still probably wasn't working.

So, my question is this: is there anything I could do that I haven't tried yet, aside from a factory reset? This tablet was purchased brand new from Best Buy, and I'll be taking it there tomorrow to see if the technicians there can figure out anything, and, if no solution can be found, have it exchanged for a different tablet.

Any help would be appreciated, as it's been a tad bit frustrating that my brand new product isn't working 100% correctly. Thank you!

:)

DeyFishW16, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Introducing new A Surface Hub Tour app

Source: Have fun learning all Hub features with "A Surface Hub Tour" app! Surface

Brink, Dec 27, 2018
  3. surface pro 2 photos pinned to desktop

All of my photos are pinned to my desktop on my surface pro 2. Any suggestions on how to get them off?

Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 2 / Using your Surface hardware / Windows 10

JudyVeeneman, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

New Surface Pro - Photos App Fails to Launch

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

New Surface Pro - Photos App Fails to Launch

1. New Surface Pro - Photos App Fails to Launch - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Photos

2. app launch fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    app launch fails: My client has developed an app, which is supposed to start from an executable EXE. But the app fails to launch on most Windows 10/11 machines not all. Where can we go to get support on this?...
  3. app launch fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    app launch fails: My client has developed an app, which is supposed to start from an executable EXE. But the app fails to launch on most Windows 10/11 machines not all. Where can we go to get support on this?...
  4. Restore Microsoft Photos App on my Surface Pro 7

Restore Microsoft Photos App on my Surface Pro 7: I have had troubles with MS Photos opening .jpg & HEIC photos. So I deleted the App and now I can't seem to reinstall the MS Photos App. I tried the Microsoft Store, and not sure what App to install. I tried one and when I tried to install it, up came a notice that said...
  5. Restore Microsoft Photos App on my Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Microsoft Photos App on my Surface Pro 7: I have had troubles with MS Photos opening .jpg & HEIC photos. So I deleted the App and now I can't seem to reinstall the MS Photos App. I tried the Microsoft Store, and not sure what App to install. I tried one and when I tried to install it, up came a notice that said...
  6. Surface app crashes on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface app crashes on launch: Hi,I just bought a surface pro 8 and the surface app is crashing right after launch. I've tried to repair, reset and even uninstall and reinstall the app in the settings within the Apps & Features section in vain.However, after some testing, I found that there seems to be a...
  7. Surface app crashes on launch

Surface app crashes on launch: Hi,I just bought a surface pro 8 and the surface app is crashing right after launch. I've tried to repair, reset and even uninstall and reinstall the app in the settings within the Apps & Features section in vain.However, after some testing, I found that there seems to be a...
  8. Unable to access photos on brand new Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to access photos on brand new Surface Pro 6: Suddenly started to get the following message when trying to access photos... 'File System Error -2147219196' Please confirm what needs to be done to get this working as soon as possible...very unhappy.... Thanks, Graham Harmer...
  9. Photo Apps not launching at all!

Photo Apps not launching at all!: My photo app can't seem to launch AT ALL. Everytime I try to open a photo it shows "the app didn't start" error message. I've tried almost everything!! - Repair - Reset - Uninstall and Install again - When I run the troubleshooter on microsoft apps it tells me there's...
  10. Microsoft new Surface Pro 5 set for 1Q17 launch

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft new Surface Pro 5 set for 1Q17 launch: Microsoft is planning to launch its new Surface Pro 5 2-in-1 in the first quarter of 2017 which will feature an Ultra HD display and magnetic charging stylus, with Pegatron Technology to manufacture the device, according to a Chinese-language Economic Daily News (EDN)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xA00F428B

2. surface pro