Windows 10: New System Build Little Bitty Question

Discus and support New System Build Little Bitty Question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Shop Did a rebuild of my old Desktop, and reused the following components, Ram which is fine, my Samsung SSD, and Storage drive, it appears somehow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AMDMan2016, Jul 4, 2020.

1. New System Build Little Bitty Question

Shop Did a rebuild of my old Desktop, and reused the following components, Ram which is fine, my Samsung SSD, and Storage drive, it appears somehow they hid all the old hardware, and somehow got Windows 10 Pro to work with new board, and processor.

IF i show hidden devices in Device manager though i see alot of my old hardware that was on my Asus G11CD-K Desktop

Should i try uninstalling the old hardware from there, or just prepare for a clean install at some point? Advice appreciated on what is best to do.

New system is Intel 10th Gen I7 10700, Gigabyte B460M-DS3H motherboard, Samsung 860 EVO 250gb, and 1tb western digital storage

:)

AMDMan2016, Jul 4, 2020

2. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Jul 4, 2020
  3. New System build Suggestions

Case is final and already bought

SilverStone GD09B
    PSU is also already bought
    And Motherboard

Durvelle27, Jul 4, 2020
  4. New System Build Little Bitty Question

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

New System Build Little Bitty Question

1. New System Build Little Bitty Question - Similar Threads - System Build Little

2. Building new system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Building new system: I'm building a new windows 10 system for a friend out of town. I've created a login so I can preinstall a bunch of software for them, but now I want to set it so when they get it they will be asked for new account info and be able to create their own login. I've done this...
  3. Samsung NVME Driver vs Microsoft NVME Driver little bitty question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung NVME Driver vs Microsoft NVME Driver little bitty question: Hello All Have an OEM Samsung M.2 ssd in my HP Omen gaming laptop, which is the best NVME driver to stick with, *Note Samsung Magician will not install says my m.2 not supported. Looking for best course of action/advice to do in this matter*** Thank you all in advance 150516
  4. New system build keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New system build keeps crashing: I have built a new system and it keeps crashing. The BSOD is displaying the error code for SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-system-build-keeps-crashing/b6c712e8-61b3-45fa-92e5-259f10fd6c37
  5. System slowdown after a little work... strange for a new computer....

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System slowdown after a little work... strange for a new computer....: Hi Folks, Back again. Hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. Being a graphics artist I need a zippy computer. The new rig I'm working from now is not as zippy as I expected. I upgraded from an i7 to an i9 and have a much more robust graphics card and...
  6. Meltdown/Spectre & Antivirus little Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Meltdown/Spectre & Antivirus little Question: Hi All Currently running Avast Free on all systems, Malwarebytes Free on all system as secondary scanner, now what i'm wondering is if i'd be safe if I choose to use Defender and Malwarebytes Free when Redstone 4 is Offical next month, as not sure if Avast slows things...
  7. New Build - Two Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    New Build - Two Questions: I'm in the process of building a new system, and I'm down to two final questions. I think I know the answer to both, but I am confirming for sure. 1) In my current build, I have a second 500 GB SSD used to hold my Steam, Origin, and Uplay games. If I were to run them from...
  8. New build 1607 taskbar question

in Windows 10 Support
    New build 1607 taskbar question: I just upgraded from windows 7 to 10 & it installed the new build 1607 & I also have build 1511 on my other machines. On build 1607 is the clock on lower right side in task bar suppose to be to the left of notifications? unlike build 1511 clock all way to the right last icon...
  9. New System New Questions

New System New Questions: Hello Forum, It looks I'll have a lot of questions until I'll 'swim' in this win 10 as I used with win 7,(I am almost 78 old goat and learn slowly). In the previous system I installed "AVG PC Tuneup 2015" which integrated with "AVG Protection" (antivirus), and also...
  10. New System New Questions

New System New Questions: Hello Forum, Here I am a new member, and this is my story in short: Recently my win 7 pro machine started dieing, I managed to retrieve most of the programs I have installed, burnt them on rw-dvds (have the installation files). Then I ordered to a technician a new desktop...