Windows 10: New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage

Discus and support New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I click on a new tab in Edge it automatically opens Bing instead of my homepage. How do I switch from Bing to my homepage when I open a new tab ??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scott MacDonald77, Jun 9, 2022.

1. New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage

When I click on a new tab in Edge it automatically opens Bing instead of my homepage. How do I switch from Bing to my homepage when I open a new tab ??

:)

Scott MacDonald77, Jun 9, 2022
  2. DrPepper Win User

Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing

I've read several threads here about the homepage resetting to Bing and I've tried all the recommendations. My homepage continues to reset to Bing.
    I've scanned for virus' & malware w/ Malwarebytes & Defender. Also used McAfee Stinger. No problems found.
    Is there a setting inside Windows 10 that prohibits the homepage from being changed?
    Any suggestions are appreciated.

DrPepper, Jun 9, 2022
  3. KACI Win User
    Homepage reverts to Bing on start up

If your referring to the homepage in Edge, you have to set it both as your homepage and your start screen and remove the bing start page. It's a bit convoluted but its all done in the Edge settings. You have to tell it to open with a specific page, pick custom and enter in the url for the site you want. You also have to remove the bing site that's listed there. This is just another reason that I'll play with Edge to see how it develops but I'll continue to use Explorer for the time being.

KACI, Jun 9, 2022
  4. terrybull Win User

New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage

Homepage reverts to Bing on start up

I have done this but it still happens not just in edge but in firefox as well where I have never had Bing.

terrybull, Jun 9, 2022
Thema:

New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage

1. New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage - Similar Threads - tab always opens

2. New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage: When I click on a new tab in Edge it automatically opens Bing instead of my homepage. How do I switch from Bing to my homepage when I open a new tab ??...
  3. New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage: When I click on a new tab in Edge it automatically opens Bing instead of my homepage. How do I switch from Bing to my homepage when I open a new tab ??...
  4. new microsoft msn bing homepage

new microsoft msn bing homepage: New Microsoft Bing Homepage When I try to share articles on FB,it gives me an error message now "App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions."...
  5. Does File Explorer have the ability open another File Explorers in tabs rather than a new...

Does File Explorer have the ability open another File Explorers in tabs rather than a new...: When working out the file explorer, it would be helpful to have the ability to open tabs instead of opening another file explorer in a new window. Is there a setting for this?...
  6. Webcam Drivers: old rather than new?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam Drivers: old rather than new?: I am unable to get my webcams to work. The driver is shown in Device Manager as being at fault,but it is also reported as the best available. I have uninstall, removed the device but on re-installing the cameras still do not work. I have tried to get new drivers from both...
  7. Bing Homepage Today

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Homepage Today: A creepy homepage from Bing today, I was expecting Alfred Hitchcock to pop up. [img] 5962
  8. Homepage reverts to Bing on start up

in Browsers and Email
    Homepage reverts to Bing on start up: I have updated my laptop to Windows 10 and set my default homepage to bt.com but every time i start my laptop the homepage has changed to Bing search engine. Is this a windows 10 bug or something else. 11814
  9. How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing

in Browsers and Email
    How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing: I found this video on youtube and thought it would help a lot of people. It fixed one of my major problems with windows 10, bing! As much as i love having a search right on the taskbar, bing just does not seem to work with me *Cool! 0eiWh1QOau0 16024
  10. The Bing homepage goes HD

in Windows 10 News
    The Bing homepage goes HD: Here on the Bing homepage team, we wake up every day thinking about how we can make the homepage even better, inspired by those of you who visit bing.com each day and take the time to tell us what you think. Today, we’re excited to announce that we’re adding one of your most...