Windows 10: New tab and top sites

Discus and support New tab and top sites in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer updated today and now the top sites do not show up when I open a new tab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TRDCHSR1, Sep 12, 2019.

1. TRDCHSR1 Win User

New tab and top sites

My computer updated today and now the top sites do not show up when I open a new tab

:)

TRDCHSR1, Sep 12, 2019
  2. davidhk Win User

Microsoft Edge: Top Sites Have Disappeared

Open Edge > top right, click the 3 dots icon > select Settings > under Open With, select New tab page > under Open new tab with, click the pointer and select Top sites or Top sites and suggested content.
    That's it.
    See if that works now.
    If still problematic, and if you have CCleaner, open CCleaner, left side under Windows, make sure top 6 boxes are checked, then run CCleaner.

After that, check if top sites are back.

davidhk, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Add More Top Sites To New Tab Page in Firefox 60-+

One can add as many rows of Sites in The New Tab Start Page by entering the Following in About:Config

Code:
    Code:
    browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.topSitesRows
    Default is two

New tab and top sites [​IMG]

Do not concern yourself with the void warranty warning

I entered 3 so I have 3 rows of Sites

New tab and top sites [​IMG]

Source and Thanks to:

Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox | Windows 10 Tutorials

This will work in all the latest Quantum Firefox Releases.

Josey Wales, Sep 12, 2019
  4. dburne Win User

New tab and top sites

Edge - Top Sites list randomly empty

Just curious if this is unique to me or if others see this, and/or if it is a known bug.

I oftentimes will use the top sites list to click on a webpage, I click on a new tab and that list is populated with the 8 most used sites I go to. Oftentimes, I will click on a new tab and suddenly the list is totally blank. I can close Edge out, reopen it, and it is populated once again.

Does not appear to be any rhyme or reason to it, seems to be totally random when it happens. And when it does, only way to get them back is to close Edge out and reopen it.

dburne, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

New tab and top sites

1. New tab and top sites - Similar Threads - tab top sites

2. Top Sites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Top Sites: all top site boxes filled. want to add more. how do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/top-sites/b99d4034-5f36-45f7-b65c-0d31c7df0eaa
  3. tabs at top

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    tabs at top: i have tabs showing at the top, taking up half of the screen. Can't get rid of them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabs-at-top/33da3af4-9a29-4331-8ba3-0431eb3f5db4
  4. Bug with Top Sites icons on Edge's New Tabs page

Bug with Top Sites icons on Edge's New Tabs page: Hello, I have set Edge to open a new Tabs page showing my popular websites as icons that I can click on. Usually the icons should look like this: [ATTACH] However, for some reason lately, Edge is showing the icons as follows: [ATTACH] Also, notice that YouTube doesn't...
  5. Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error: [ATTACH] As you can see my tabs are appearing incorrectly. They are showing up with white backgrounds when they should resemble the .ico color. This has been bothering me for a while and I have tried clearing all my settings. Although it worked in the past, this time it is...
  6. New tab automatically moves to top

New tab automatically moves to top: In previous versions of Windows, there was an option to set that the new tab goes on top. Is there a setup on Windows 10 that does bring the tab to the top? Thank you...
  7. Add More Top Sites To New Tab Page in Firefox 60-+

in Browsers and Email
    Add More Top Sites To New Tab Page in Firefox 60-+: One can add as many rows of Sites in The New Tab Start Page by entering the Following in About:Config Code: browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.topSitesRows[/quote] Default is two [img] Do not concern yourself with the void warranty warning I entered 3 so I have 3 rows...
  8. Chrome keeps opening new tab with spam sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome keeps opening new tab with spam sites: I think I’m seriously going crazy with this problem. Google Chrome keeps opening new tab with some spam sites (mostly https://go.mobiforth.com) but also some other weird stuff. I searched around the web and I feel like I tried almost every possible solution that I found, but...
  9. Add and Remove Search Engine Icons on New Tab Top Sites in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add and Remove Search Engine Icons on New Tab Top Sites in Firefox: How to: Add and Remove Search Engine Icons on New Tab Top Sites in Firefox How to Add and Remove Search Engine Shortcut Icons in Top Sites on Firefox New Tab page Starting with Firefox 63.0, search shortcuts for Top Sites were added. Amazon and Google appear as Top...
  10. Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox: How to: Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox How to Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. By default, Firefox displays...