Windows 10: New tab in terminal

Discus and support New tab in terminal in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Maybe I’m stupid but how can I open a new tab in windows terminal? (cmd +T in Mac OS) Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/julanteria [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/julanteria, Nov 14, 2019.

1. New tab in terminal

Maybe I’m stupid but how can I open a new tab in windows terminal? (cmd +T in Mac OS) Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/julanteria
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/julanteria, Nov 14, 2019

2. Edge new tab

Hi Niranjan,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I did not see a direct answer in your response to Pat's question:

"How can I set new tab in Edge to google.co.uk".

Please rephrase your answer so an old computer dinosaur could understand it.

I believe Pat was asking how to have each “new tab” open to a specific web page; in his case to google.co.uk.

When I open a new tab:

• I DON'T want ‘"suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.’
    • I DON'T want a “Blank page”
    • I Do want the Google search page: google.com
    Admittedly, I’m new to Windows 10 and Windows Edge but it appears to me that Microsoft is making it very difficult (or impossible) to use non-Microsoft search engines
    or default to non-Microsoft web pages.

Hope you can dispel my concerns.

Thanks, Jack

JackThorworth, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Command line/tab

QUESTION/suggestion:
    * Why not remember the last active tab?
    For example, if you are on tab 2 and close the program, then run it again, for the program to open tab 2 again. But if the -tab X command-line option is used, then the program goes to X tab, regardless of last active tab.

Does that make sense?

4. DaveM121 Win User

New tab in terminal

New Terminal

Hi EndermanOreaYT

The new Terminal App is not due for release until July, are you sure what you downloaded form GitHub is that same Terminal App, it would be very unusual if you needed to compile a Microsoft Application in order to use it!

Can you please provide a link to the GitHub page you are using, if it turns out that is the Microsoft Terminal App, I will compile that for you . ..

DaveM121, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

New tab in terminal

1. New tab in terminal - Similar Threads - tab terminal

2. Weird issue, Alt Tab doesn't show window previews if the window was minimized and I alt tab...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird issue, Alt Tab doesn't show window previews if the window was minimized and I alt tab...: Here's a recording of it: https://streamable.com/hqjp3 (for some reason obs doesn't record the game in screen capture, but you can see the cursor change, that's when I alt tab into the game) This is what it looks like submitted by /u/SupDos [link] [comments]...
  3. new tab presets

in Windows 10 Customization
    new tab presets: What action would cause the frequently used presets ( bank, email, retailer etc..) to clear from new tab window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-tab-presets/a5aa290a-5e27-4b06-8642-c4e60294b0ab
  4. USB drive access denied No security tab Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB drive access denied No security tab Windows 10: I have a thumb drive, that I've been using for the past few years, to archive pictures. Today, I wanted to add another picture--but to my surprise, I'm hit with the "You don't have permissions..." message. Why? And why can't I resolve this? I tried assigning EVERYONE,...
  5. Windows Terminal: multiple tabs with same source

Windows Terminal: multiple tabs with same source: I wanted to add a new terminal type for use with sessions where I plan to be ssh-ing into other computers, to make it really easy to see whether I am affecting the local computer or a remote machine. So in "Settings" I duplicated the Ubuntu session, changed the GUID and...
  6. I don't know how to open two tabs at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't know how to open two tabs at once: This may be dumb, it seems like there's a really simple fix but I just can't figure it out. I just got a new chromebook and I'm still getting used to it. I downloaded microsoft word and powerpoint through the google play store. I just can't seem to figure out how to open...
  7. Classic alt+tab

Classic alt+tab: I want to have the classic alt+tab with icons instead of thumbnails. Various websites say you can get this by adding a AltTabSettings key to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer but this didn't work for me. Is there an alternative way?...
  8. Why is my ALT+TAB slow even when I'm not gaming?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my ALT+TAB slow even when I'm not gaming?: My ALT+TAB is slow even when I'm not gaming. It's not a performance issue, my laptop has not a weak configuration. Every topic I see describes this as a problem when people are playing games in full screen. But that happens in my laptop permanently, e.g. when I have only a...
  9. Terminal App -- New Tabs

Terminal App -- New Tabs: I've checked the documentation (doc directory) in github, but the only way mentioned to add new tabs in a Terminal session is to click on the + button. Is there any way to do so by keyboard? I ask because I also use Linux, and in Linux I'm used to using a script which opens...
  10. Question: double tab to display possibilities in Terminal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question: double tab to display possibilities in Terminal: Hello, I read about and have seen people pressing tab twice quickly in terminal (on Mac) to display possibilities. My Mac for some reason does not do this when pressing tab twice. How can I access commands to add this ability? and what do I type in to add this ability?...