Windows 10: New tabs open automaticly

Discus and support New tabs open automaticly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This started a few days ago. Is it just me or does new tabs open almost whenever you do something, as long as it's been a while since you do anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lordraveniii, Aug 10, 2020.

1. New tabs open automaticly

This started a few days ago. Is it just me or does new tabs open almost whenever you do something, as long as it's been a while since you do anything on it. Sometimes it's just google.com others its someone that mcafee blocks. Or is it just that i have a bug now?

submitted by /u/lordraveniii
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lordraveniii, Aug 10, 2020

2. "Open link in new tab" opens a new tab but also replaces the page I was on

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Internet Explorer. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• When you say that "Whenever I click open link in new tab", are you referring of opening link in the new tab or clicking on link in a particular page to open in new tab?
    • When you say that "the link opens in a new tab but also in the page I'm on", is the link opens in the new tab near to the open websites?

I suggest you to send the screenshot of the issue in the next post.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Open new tab / window in S60 browsers. 2 techniques

On my 5800 UK v5.0.005

1) Open web browser... brings up list of book marks

2) Options -> Go to -> New web page

3) enter www.newtab.co.uk, then press Go to

4) Press arrow icon in bottom-right

5) Options -> Subscribe to web feed

6) Select "New Tab"

That's the set up.. Now to use it

1) Open google.com

2) Select Options -> Go to -> Web feeds

3) Select "New tab" from the feeds list

4) Select "Open new tab" from list

5) Select "Open new tab" from top of web page

Now there are two windows

Try deleting the feed from your phone, then following those steps.. let me know how you get on

cpitchford, Aug 10, 2020
  4. New tabs open automaticly

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

New tabs open automaticly

1. New tabs open automaticly - Similar Threads - tabs open automaticly

2. When I click on a tab in the taskbar, a same new tab automatically opens instead of opening...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I click on a tab in the taskbar, a same new tab automatically opens instead of opening...: When I click on a tab in the taskbar, a new tab automatically opens instead of opening the tab I clicked on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-a-tab-in-the-taskbar-a-same-new/693551ce-d17f-48f4-b227-0fee92a4c1a3
  3. When I click on a tab in the taskbar, a same new tab automatically opens instead of opening...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I click on a tab in the taskbar, a same new tab automatically opens instead of opening...: When I click on a tab in the taskbar, a new tab automatically opens instead of opening the tab I clicked on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-a-tab-in-the-taskbar-a-same-new/693551ce-d17f-48f4-b227-0fee92a4c1a3
  4. When I click on a tab in the taskbar, a same new tab automatically opens instead of opening...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. New Windows 11 laptop: Microsoft Edge opens automatically and keeps opening new tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 11 laptop: Microsoft Edge opens automatically and keeps opening new tabs: I have a brand new laptop so I don't think malware is involved.I set up Windows with only a local account sorry but I'm not into the whole Microsoft 365 ecosystem. The only time I've intentionally opened the Edge Browser was to install Chrome. Other than that, all I've done...
  6. New Windows 11 laptop: Microsoft Edge opens automatically and keeps opening new tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 11 laptop: Microsoft Edge opens automatically and keeps opening new tabs: I have a brand new laptop so I don't think malware is involved.I set up Windows with only a local account sorry but I'm not into the whole Microsoft 365 ecosystem. The only time I've intentionally opened the Edge Browser was to install Chrome. Other than that, all I've done...
  7. how do I make new tabs automatically open as new windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do I make new tabs automatically open as new windows?: im using microsoft edge browser,is this possible? submitted by /u/Trihardcel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kj9ju3/how_do_i_make_new_tabs_automatically_open_as_new/
  8. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  9. New tab automatically moves to top

in Windows 10 Customization
    New tab automatically moves to top: In previous versions of Windows, there was an option to set that the new tab goes on top. Is there a setup on Windows 10 that does bring the tab to the top? Thank you...
  10. Open in New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Open in New Tab: I have been using Chrome for a long time but I thought I would give Edge a try. In Chrome I am used to right-click a site and select "Open in New Tab". Is this possible in Edge? If yes, how? A right-click on a favorite does not offer me a menu in Edge as in Chrome. Thanks in...