Windows 10: New Taskbar item after Win10 update

Discus and support New Taskbar item after Win10 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a Windows 10 update recently I've noticed a new weather item on my taskbarIs there some way to remove it? I've tried right-clicking and I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by johne53, Jun 10, 2021.

1. johne53 Win User

New Taskbar item after Win10 update

After a Windows 10 update recently I've noticed a new weather item on my taskbarIs there some way to remove it? I've tried right-clicking and I tried to find it in Task Manager etc but I can't find any way to turn it off :-

:)

johne53, Jun 10, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Is there a limit on pinned taskbar items?

You can only have up to 12 pinned items on any program.

What I suggest is making a folder with all the icons [RDP files] to the machines and pin it as a toolbar:

1. Create a folder named Remote Desktop (can be any name)
    2. Right click on empty space on taskbar
    3. Select Toolbars
    4. Click New Toolbar
    5. Locate to the folder and select it

(I suggest you keep them more organized, however.)

New Taskbar item after Win10 update ULDOs.jpg

My pinned folder is the programs folder.

RookieTEC9, Jun 10, 2021
  4. New Taskbar item after Win10 update

Restore taskbar items and preferences after update

Hello Kevin,

Pinned items on the taskbar are stored in your user account folder. If you want to recover your personal configuration prior to the update, we'll need to restore back your PC to the previous version of Windows 10 by performing a
    system restore. For the steps on how to perform a
    system restore, kindly refer to this support article.

The folder is hidden so we need to enable the option to show hidden files and folders. For the steps on how to perform this task, please refer to this

page
    . Once done, kindly follow these steps:

• Select the Start
      New Taskbar item after Win10 update 2b546a23-fa03-48f7-b38f-ffaa6e9c382e?upload=true.png

button.
    • Type File Explorer and then press Enter.
    • Navigate to the path below.
      • For taskbar items - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar
      • For start menu items - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\StartMenu
      • <username> would be your actual user account.
    • Back up the contents of the folders to an external storage device or to
      OneDrive
    • Update your PC again to the latest version.
    • Restore back the items by copying and pasting it into the same folders.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Devlin Sco, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

New Taskbar item after Win10 update

1. New Taskbar item after Win10 update - Similar Threads - Taskbar item Win10

2. No weather icon in taskbar after new update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No weather icon in taskbar after new update: Hello everyone,After installing the new update KB5010414, no new weather icon appeared on the left of the taskbar. I have tried these steps to solve these problem :Disable task from the taskbarReinsall Windows Feature Experience Pack from powershellReinstall the KB5010414...
  3. can't right click taskbar items after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't right click taskbar items after update: after this update I can't right click on items that exist in taskbar when I uninstall this update everything back to normal how I fix this without uninstall the update or prevent this update to install in the future...
  4. Win10 Taskbar Theme looks hideous after update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Taskbar Theme looks hideous after update?: Hey gang - sorry if this has been posted before I had a quick search and couldn't find anything. Have just done a Win10 update I'd been putting off for a while and now the bottom taskbar looks obnoxious. Rather than the nice transparent theme its kind of just glowing...
  5. Taskbar Issues After New Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Issues After New Update: Hey guys, I shut down my laptop today, and when I booted it up again this morning, three icons on my task bar no longer worked. The three icons are the Wifi symbol, it doesn't display available networks, the sound bar, it doesn't allow me to adjust my sound, and my batter...
  6. Minecraft Win10 will not open after new update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Win10 will not open after new update: Have owned Minecraft Win10 for months now but after yesterdays game update it will not open. it gets stuck on the launch screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-win10-will-not-open-after-new-update/770ee10b-bb6f-4b2b-9331-dc5895c43020
  7. New Update Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Update Win10: Ok so I just got a new upd of win 10 But I have been on win 7 and there hasn't been much upd on that so im not sure if my files will be deleted if I update or not Cuz I cant open the windows Update at all it just stuck at loading so I cant pause the upd!...
  8. Win10 license expiring after new update????

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 license expiring after new update????: I have been getting a message that pops up on my screen every so often telling me that my license is going to expire but yet my copy of windows 10 is activated. not understanding this and kind of aggravated because of all these pop ups [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. new win10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    new win10 update: got the new windows 10 update last evening, tookquite a while but came through eventually. 2 things why do my online browser games which were working perfectly for years, now freeze 10 times a day just a suggestion to microsoft if anyone knows how to contact them,...
  10. Taskbar pinned items gets deleted on reboot (after Creators Update)

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar pinned items gets deleted on reboot (after Creators Update): After the Creators Update I experience this odd behaviour: every time I reboot the system (or restart explorer) almost all my pinned taskbar item disappears this happens in the hidden TaskBar folder: C:\Users\(user-name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick...