Windows 10: New tech support scam launches communication or phone call app

Discus and support New tech support scam launches communication or phone call app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A new tech support scam technique streamlines the entire scam experience, leaving potential victims only one click or tap away from speaking with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New tech support scam launches communication or phone call app

Source: New tech support scam launches communication or phone call app Windows Security blog

:)

Brink, Nov 19, 2017

2. Phone call, from microsoft saying my windows license key has expired .

Hi , this is Andre from the Microsoft Community. Lets see if we can get your problem resolved. Microsoft doesn't call anyone tell them their Windows license has expired.

Thats a tech support scam.

Tech support scams - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

The fight against tech support scams - Microsoft on the Issues

Avoid phone scams: Tech support scams - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Warning: There are "Tech Support Scams" pretending to be Windows 10 Activation Technologies. Please be vigilant. Microsoft never calls users to inform them their license is expiring. Neither should you get an email.

Learn more in the following article: PSA: Beware of Windows 10 Activation Tech Support Scams PSA: Beware of Windows 10 Activation Tech Support Scams

Andre Da Costa, Nov 19, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Nov 19, 2017
Thema:

New tech support scam launches communication or phone call app

1. New tech support scam launches communication or phone call app - Similar Threads - tech support scam

2. tech support scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tech support scam: We are working to clear up a tech support scam. The scammer was connected to us after calling the number listed for MS tech support. Here is the contact infor for the person we talked to who ran us through a scan using UltraView software. After that the person transferrred us...
  3. tech support scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tech support scam: We are working to clear up a tech support scam. The scammer was connected to us after calling the number listed for MS tech support. Here is the contact infor for the person we talked to who ran us through a scan using UltraView software. After that the person transferrred us...
  4. Tech Support Scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tech Support Scam: I fell for a tech support scam a long time ago and the refund overpayment scam I got my money back for the refund scam and now ever since December 2019, they have been ringing me non-stop. Tried blocking the numbers nut they always ring back on different numbers. Any advice?...
  5. tech support scams

tech support scams: What if someone did give remote access to one of these tech support scams? What can they expect and what do they do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/tech-support-scams/6cf84899-3796-4dda-a0d6-d9f1eaad6b41
  6. Tech support scam?

Tech support scam?: Hello everyone. I have received 3 calls this morning from an uknown number. On the first 2 after hearing "hello" i hung up. I live in Greece and thought that it was a mistake. They called a third time in which i talked to them. They told me that they were calling from...
  7. Tech Support Scam

Tech Support Scam: Hello, I received a call which turns out to be the Www.support.me scam I suspected it was something bogus but played along (making him repeat everything a number o times) until reaching the point where he wanted me to connect to www.support.me. At which point he got...
  8. Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?

Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?: I have receive numerous calls claiming to be from Microsoft and that my W10 computer is at risk. Any info on this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsolicited-microsoft-support-phone-calls-scam/b829a312-272b-4b69-be55-e8d91e4ddb5d"
  9. New breakthroughs in combatting tech support scams

in Windows 10 News
    New breakthroughs in combatting tech support scams: On Nov. 27 and 28, over 100 local India law enforcement officials from Gurgaon and Noida raided 16 call center locations identified as engaged in tech support fraud by Microsoft, resulting in 39 arrests so far. These call center operations fraudulently represented themselves...
  10. Tech Support Scam

Tech Support Scam: Is myphonesupport a scam? Or are they parteners with microsoft? Made no payments to them and did not allow remote connection. Just want to make sure I talked to safe people....