Windows 10: New TLS encryption-busting attack also impacts the newer TLS 1.3

Discus and support New TLS encryption-busting attack also impacts the newer TLS 1.3 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A team of academics has revealed a new cryptographic attack this week that can break encrypted TLS traffic, allowing attackers to intercept and steal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

New TLS encryption-busting attack also impacts the newer TLS 1.3

Read more: New TLS encryption-busting attack also impacts the newer TLS 1.3 | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Feb 9, 2019
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Feb 9, 2019
  3. upgrading from AMD TL-58 to TL-68

Hello everyone. I'm new to computer modding and this forum. I've done a lot of reading and searching but some things remain unclear. I currently have a Toshiba Satellite which I'm trying to setup for pure school use as my Toshiba Quosimo is just too big to haul around that much. I currently have the AMD Turion TL-58 and I've read that the AMD TL-68 is compatible. What I'm unsure of is the fact that the TL-58 has G1 core stepping and the TL-68 has G2 core stepping. Also I've read that I need to change my 667 MHz ram to 800 MHz ram which is what the TL-68 runs at. Is there a compatibility issue with the different core stepping? Is the change in ram necessary? Will the computer need to be reflashed for the TL-68? Hopefully I have provided enough info on my situation but if there is anything else I need to share please let me know.

Thanks,
    Nick

slick nick, Feb 9, 2019
  4. New TLS encryption-busting attack also impacts the newer TLS 1.3

email TLS

hi all,

Im using wm6 on a samsung omnia

Is there anyway to configure the email client to use TLS for outgoing email, it has SSL but not TLS as far as I can tell.

I don't have control of the email server, in fact its a MS server (exchangelabs.com), I'm using IMAP for incoming email which works fine but I cant seem to get the outgoing email to work with any combination of settings.

this is from the site telling you how to connect if it helps at all

---snip---

• Outgoing server (SMTP) port number Enter 587 to replace the default port number, which is set to
    • SSL and TLS for encryption Select Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for incoming POP and IMAP connections. For outgoing SMTP connections, select Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption.

SSL and TLS are methods to help secure communications between your computer and the e-mail server. Some e-mail programs refer to SSL or TLS as "encryption".

In most e-mail programs, you need to open an "Advanced" setting or tab to set SSL for POP and IMAP connections and TLS for SMTP connections. Make sure you don't confuse SSL with "authenticating connections". Some e-mail programs include a check box for setting
      up authentication the first time you set up your account.

thecubical, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

New TLS encryption-busting attack also impacts the newer TLS 1.3

1. New TLS encryption-busting attack also impacts the newer TLS 1.3 - Similar Threads - TLS encryption busting

2. TLS 10013

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TLS 10013: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Schannel" Guid="{1f678132-5938-4686-9fdc-c8ff68f15c85}" /> <EventID>36871</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode>...
  3. TLS 10013

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TLS 10013: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Schannel" Guid="{1f678132-5938-4686-9fdc-c8ff68f15c85}" /> <EventID>36871</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode>...
  4. Disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for RDP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for RDP: Hello,Does anyone know if it is possible to disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for RDP?Regards,Ekta https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-tls-10-and-tls-11-for-rdp/5a4304ec-44b0-48c7-8fa6-96d077e8f104
  5. Disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for RDP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for RDP: Hello,Does anyone know if it is possible to disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for RDP?Regards,Ekta https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-tls-10-and-tls-11-for-rdp/5a4304ec-44b0-48c7-8fa6-96d077e8f104
  6. Segurança TLS

Segurança TLS: Recentemente, eu estava tentando conectar-me às páginas do Facebook e do WhatsApp Web, mas não consegui porque a seguinte mensagem era exibida todas as vezes: "Não é possível conectar-se com segurança a esta página Isso pode ocorrer porque o site usa configurações de...
  7. TLS changes

in Browsers and Email
    TLS changes: Got this in a newsletter a bit ago: Browsers to block access to HTTPS sites using TLS 1.0 and 1.1 starting this month | ZDNet 151710
  8. TLS

TLS: Running WIN 10 and VIASAT Browser- Continually get messages with suggestions as to what the problem is when trying to connect to the internet. However, there are no instructions on how to change TLS to default setting....
  9. TLS 1.1 AND TLS 1.2 are gray out

TLS 1.1 AND TLS 1.2 are gray out: Im using windows 10, there is an specific webite I cant access trough Explorer or Edge, but works perfectly fine on Chrome. I had another computer and the web site was working fine. On the internet options under the ADVANCE tab there are four options as follows (all of them...
  10. TLS security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TLS security: just reset my computer completyl wipe clean window loaded new only thing on computer is windows newest versio keep getting TLS security issues on web sights how to fix...