Windows 10: New to BitLocker,possibly switching from symantec. Is it possible to have a pin/password...

Discus and support New to BitLocker,possibly switching from symantec. Is it possible to have a pin/password... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Need to have pin for each user that uses computer. During pre-boot and pin is asked for is it possible to have different pins per user account on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Codi2410, May 7, 2020.

1. Codi2410 Win User

New to BitLocker,possibly switching from symantec. Is it possible to have a pin/password...

Need to have pin for each user that uses computer. During pre-boot and pin is asked for is it possible to have different pins per user account on computer? Such as two non-admin users and an admin user?

:)

Codi2410, May 7, 2020
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

You may have missed a step. After the un-check, click apply, then the next screen will ask for the Pasword twice. Enter and OK. Then OK again. That should do it.

New to BitLocker,possibly switching from symantec.  Is it possible to have a pin/password... [​IMG]

f14tomcat, May 7, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    Is it possible to remove both the need to enter a password AND pin?

Just a note, I had to log in using the account password before I could assign a PIN. Might need to remove the PIN first.

Berton, May 7, 2020
  4. S24_Mike Win User

New to BitLocker,possibly switching from symantec. Is it possible to have a pin/password...

How to SWITCH login method from PIN to password

If you get to step #5 and find that there is no option to remove the pin, this worked for me:

• Click "I forgot my PIN"
    • Enter your account password where prompted
    • When prompted to create a new PIN, click "Cancel"

This removed the existing PIN and went back to using the account password to log in and unlock the lock screen.

S24_Mike, May 7, 2020
Thema:

1. New to BitLocker,possibly switching from symantec. Is it possible to have a pin/password... - Similar Threads - BitLocker possibly switching

2. access with pin not possible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    access with pin not possible: After wrong pin access the PC Marc - one of my devices - is blocced. How can I unlock this situation ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-with-pin-not-possible/25571b2e-02e0-41c3-a765-9d5dd30113e0
  3. access with pin not possible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    access with pin not possible: After wrong pin access the PC Marc - one of my devices - is blocced. How can I unlock this situation ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-with-pin-not-possible/25571b2e-02e0-41c3-a765-9d5dd30113e0
  4. Is It Possible To Switch Minecraft Dungeons From Pc To Switch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is It Possible To Switch Minecraft Dungeons From Pc To Switch?: I have mc dungeons on pc and I want to switch it over to my switch but I don't know If It Is possible or not, If anyone can help me answer this that would be appreciated very much....
  5. Is It Possible To Switch Minecraft Dungeons From Pc To Switch?

Is It Possible To Switch Minecraft Dungeons From Pc To Switch?: I have mc dungeons on pc and I want to switch it over to my switch but I don't know If It Is possible or not, If anyone can help me answer this that would be appreciated very much....
  6. Is it possible to see past passwords/PIN used?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to see past passwords/PIN used?: I saw there is like a PIN history, but you can turn it on so it saves PINs changed in the future, but is it possible to find from the past? Like the very previous one? submitted by /u/HospitalHappy8318 [link] [comments]...
  7. Is it possible to recover data from SSD with bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to recover data from SSD with bitlocker?: Currently, I have a SSD that I took out from an old laptop, and was trying to use it on a different laptop or at least recover the data. I do not have the password or the recovery key, so I have no way to access the data inside.Is there any way to recover the data stored...
  8. Is it possible to recover data from SSD with bitlocker?

Is it possible to recover data from SSD with bitlocker?: Currently, I have a SSD that I took out from an old laptop, and was trying to use it on a different laptop or at least recover the data. I do not have the password or the recovery key, so I have no way to access the data inside.Is there any way to recover the data stored...
  9. Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?: 1. I have linked my Microsoft account to my digital license. 2. Via "netplwiz", I have deselected "User must enter a user name and password to use this computer" for the said account. 3. I have set a Windows Hello PIN. 4. At Windows startups, I have to enter either the...
  10. Local account, lost password, possibly BitLocker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local account, lost password, possibly BitLocker: My mother-in-law has been using a local account and does not know her password, or the answer to her security questions. She has been using Windows Hello, but the camera stopped working - the only login option that is available is via password - the other options are blocked...