Windows 10: New to Macrium - several how to questions

Discus and support New to Macrium - several how to questions in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have Macrium v v7.2.4744 installed and made one full system backup. It verified ok. Now there is a new build out to fix possible corruption. So i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Riley7, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Riley7 Win User

New to Macrium - several how to questions

I have Macrium v v7.2.4744 installed and made one full system backup. It verified ok.
    Now there is a new build out to fix possible corruption.

So i need to install the new build and update rescue media? If the image I already made still verifies, is it usable?

I do full image backups only of drive C (disk 6). In the attached pic, there are four partitions. All should be included in the image, correct?

Thanks

:)

Riley7, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Jerry8AB Win User

Macrium Boot Question

Macrium Boot Question

I use Windows 10 and a Macrium recovery program. My BIOS is set where the optical disk for CDs and DVDs are not set to recognize a CD/DVD disc as the first priority to boot from.

What are the steps I should take to make my Macrium Rescue Disk as being first to boot from?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry8AB, Mar 26, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

New to Macrium - several how to questions [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

New Macrium Reflect Updates

Something I found interesting:
    New Feature: Automatic System Restore Macrium Software Blog

Cliff S, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. New to Macrium - several how to questions - Similar Threads - Macrium several questions

2. Macrium Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Macrium Question: Macrium Question –I am trying to restore an image.I get to a screen that says: Select a disk to restore to….I then select Next and I get a screen that says: Please select a destination disk.Can you tell me how to do the two steps above?Thank you,Jerry9/18/2021...
  3. Macrium Reflect Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Question: Hi all, I know there is plenty of support for MR on this site but I could not find the answer to this particular question. I am thinking of installing MR and I noticed in KARI's how-to article (very good) that you could install Free or Home. I will just be using it on my...
  4. Macrium question

Macrium question: A Macrium image of C: generally contains several partitions. When I make a change in (one of) the partitions (size or number) in C:, are older Macrium images still usable? 142460
  5. Macrium Reflect Question

Macrium Reflect Question: Ok Way i do thing is SSD is OS and 1 game that i put on there, and a few small programs, Storage drive has Music, pictures, documents, other games i don't want on the SSD, If i do an image after Redstone 5 clean install do i just image the SSD? or wait til i get stuff...
  6. Macrium Reflect Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect Question: I have created a Macrium Reflect USB drive. That was in 2017. How can I upgrade it? Don Cole 113764
  7. Macrium general questions

Macrium general questions: I've been using Macrium free for quite some time and in general it has worked well for me. However, I have been unable to intsall the 1803 update so I decided to make an image of my production system and restore that image to a spare SSD. The image creation was successful...
  8. Question on Macrium backups

Question on Macrium backups: Thanks for thinking about answering my question! I currently have the following backup plan for my laptop - full backup on Sunday, then Differential every other day of the week. So in the case of a failure, I just have to restore the Sunday Full and the latest Differential...
  9. Questions re Macrium Restore to a new PC ??

Questions re Macrium Restore to a new PC ??: Can a mirror backup be restored on a new PC ??? I'm a little confused as a mirror image has all the settings of the old pc which may have had different hardware than a new pc. If the image is restored to a new pc's hard drive would there be conflict problems with the...
  10. Macrium Question

Macrium Question: Using Macrium, I created a Rescue Media disk and then created a System Image of my C drive and saved it on a backup HD. When the process completed, I checked Explorer to make sure that all folders and files I had selected from the partition to image, were in a Backup folder I...