Windows 10: New to me Laptop, fresh windows boot. Downloaded ninite and now it wont stop narrating...

Discus and support New to me Laptop, fresh windows boot. Downloaded ninite and now it wont stop narrating... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I inherited a laptop because everyone thought it was garbage as the administrator and user password had been forgotten, and they had no way to get in.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/itsgettinnuts, Jan 11, 2021.

1. New to me Laptop, fresh windows boot. Downloaded ninite and now it wont stop narrating...

I inherited a laptop because everyone thought it was garbage as the administrator and user password had been forgotten, and they had no way to get in. So I did a fresh install of windows 10 and got a new laptop! Yeah!

Anyway, I'm trying to work on making it do the things I want. I went to ninite and downloaded a bunch of programs, some of which I admittedly dont know what they do. But I trust reddit, so.... yeah.... Now it is narrating everything I do. I previously read someone said NVDA does that, so I uninstalled. But it is still doing it!

Also, as a side note. I want to try to teach myself coding (I know, i am a walking cliche). But since everyone wants to learn coding, is there some other computer related thing that a person can teach themselves besides programming?

And if I want to learn programming, the programming subreddit kind of just says "choose a project and start there". I have no idea what kind of project I would want to try. I want to try to learn a marketable skill. Something that might help me, at some point, get a job. I have cancer and I cant work, but i can use the computer. I suppose I'm asking for a mentor of sorts... is there anyone who might be able to point me in the right direction?

submitted by /u/itsgettinnuts
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/itsgettinnuts, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Rosco19 Win User

Narrator wont stop

I cannot stop Narrator -I have tried the access window and it shows Narrator NOT checked

Rosco19, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    Narrator won't turn on. (Laptop, Windows 10)

Hi George,

There could be a number of reasons why your Narrator won't work. There could either be a data file corruption or data file loss. We'd like to know more information about this concern so we could provide an accurate resolution. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you checked if there are sounds on your laptop when you play music?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you try to launch Narrator?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you create a new user profile with admin privileges and check if the issue is fixed. You can refer to this article for the steps on how to:
    Set up accounts.

A corrupted user profile doesn't function normally. In such cases creating a new one will help us to identify if the issue is specific to a corrupted user profile.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

New to me Laptop, fresh windows boot. Downloaded ninite and now it wont stop narrating...

Are there any other voices for Narrator in the Ease of Access in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type narrator in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on voices

• And select find other voices that work with Narrator.
    Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

New to me Laptop, fresh windows boot. Downloaded ninite and now it wont stop narrating...

1. New to me Laptop, fresh windows boot. Downloaded ninite and now it wont stop narrating... - Similar Threads - Laptop fresh boot

2. Downloaded new update on my laptop, now won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded new update on my laptop, now won't let me sign in: I recently downloaded a new update on my surface laptop 2It brings up blue screen asking "choose if you want to keep signing in with your face or fingerprint"Regardless of which option I choose the next screen shows "Something went wrong but you can try again" and in yellow...
  3. laptop wont allow me to download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop wont allow me to download: whenever i try to download anything this pops up usually there is a button that says yes for allowing an app to make changes to device but for some reason it isnt appearing for me how do i fix this asap...
  4. laptop wont allow me to download

laptop wont allow me to download: whenever i try to download anything this pops up usually there is a button that says yes for allowing an app to make changes to device but for some reason it isnt appearing for me how do i fix this asap...
  5. laptop wont allow me to download

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Fresh Windows install on SSD with GPT wont Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Windows install on SSD with GPT wont Boot: Hello Community This title is found several times in several forums through google. But I didnt found any solution to my problem. First my PC Setup and what I want to do: Motherboard: Z97-K Disks: Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series 125 GB Windows installed Samsung...
  7. Ninite but offline..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ninite but offline..: Guys , I dont know if this is the right sub but is there an alternative to ninite (or can ninite do it?) which can let me install apps while I am offline ?? Any help is appreciated .. submitted by /u/shaubham_pan97 [link] [comments]...
  8. New motherboard now wont boot into windows

in Windows 10 Support
    New motherboard now wont boot into windows: Aloha everyone so this is what I have going on. fyi I built the computer myself have had it a couple years. last week I got a USB overvoltage so I replaced the MB now it wont boot to Win 10 1: I installed a new Asus z390e motherboard it posted to the bios my drive shows up as...
  9. ninite or allmyapps

ninite or allmyapps: Someone may please tell me whether I can add programs from my hard disk to ninite/allmyapps or I have to download my required softwares through these program again. Secondly is it possible to add programs in windows image to install automatically when windows is installed....
  10. Windows wont boot after fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows wont boot after fresh install: PC specs: Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H AMD A8 APU kingston v300 SSD 120gb WD HDD 1tb I recently built this system for a family member as a low budget media/gaming pc. This was originally setup with windows 10 on the 1tb main drive, so I know everything works. Now we decided...