Windows 10: New to Microsoft Store; no sounds in WhatsApp & Messenger everywhere except Mobile device.

Discus and support New to Microsoft Store; no sounds in WhatsApp & Messenger everywhere except Mobile device. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been exploring Microsoft Store for the past several weeks and I noticed there are Desktop versions on various applications like Messenger,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Solid_Ice88, Dec 28, 2020.

1. New to Microsoft Store; no sounds in WhatsApp & Messenger everywhere except Mobile device.

I've been exploring Microsoft Store for the past several weeks and I noticed there are Desktop versions on various applications like Messenger, WhatsApp & WeChat. These apps are significantly smaller than the regular .exe versions.

I have noticed that this PC & my laptop don't play sounds when I receive a message on both WhatsApp & Messenger from Microsoft Store version. Both apps from Microsoft Store don't appear under Advanced Sound Options when adjusting app volume and preferences thus I'm unable to separate these sounds anyhow.

There's also no sounds from FireFox browser when signed on into Messenger & the regular WhatsApp web. Even WhatsApp (Windows version) doesn't play sounds when receiving messages as well.

Naturally, this isn't the case on my mobile device, which plays all sounds normally.

What other methods can I try to troubleshoot the sound problem?
    Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Solid_Ice88
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Solid_Ice88, Dec 28, 2020

2. Availability of Whatsapp and instagaram App in store

Hello,

Please provide us more information to help you better:

Do you want to install those apps in your Pc or Windows mobile?

If you are referring to Windows mobile,

• What is the make and model of your device?

• Which build are you currently in?

You may able to get both the apps from the store. I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft tore link for more information.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/whatsapp/9wzdncrdfwbs

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/instagram/9nblggh5l9xt

Please be informed that those apps you are looking for is not available in Windows 10 PC.

I suggest you to provide your suggestions and feedbacks in the dedicated Feedback App. Follow these steps to provide suggestions in Windows Feedback App.

At any time, select Start, and then type
    Windows Feedback to send us your opinions and suggestions.
    Windows Feedback is only available if you have
    Diagnostic and usage data set to
    Full (Full is the recommended setting).

To change the Diagnostic and usage data setting, go to
    Start , then select Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics, and then, under
    Diagnostic and usage data, select an option.

If you have any other queries related to windows 10 we would be happy to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 28, 2020
  3. imhsp Win User
    Whatsapp on Nokia X ???

Please follow the steps properly your problem will be solved

1.Download my app "Whatsapp Launcher for Nokia x" from Nokia store.

• Install Whatsapp you downloaded in step 1 , Complete your Whatsapp login as there will be no error until you login
    4. After login complete your Whatsapp will start to show error "DEVICE NOT SUPPORTED"

5. Open app "Whatsapp Launcher for Nokia x" and there will be no error to open Whatsapp have fun.

imhsp, Dec 28, 2020
  4. balubeto Win User

New to Microsoft Store; no sounds in WhatsApp & Messenger everywhere except Mobile device.

Where the "WhatsApp for PC" app in the Microsoft Store

Hi

In the Microsoft Store, I can not find the "WhatsApp for PC" app for Windows 10. Why?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

New to Microsoft Store; no sounds in WhatsApp & Messenger everywhere except Mobile device.

1. New to Microsoft Store; no sounds in WhatsApp & Messenger everywhere except Mobile device. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store sounds

2. Microsoft Store Whatsapp is Not Working automatically closed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Whatsapp is Not Working automatically closed.: Hello Team,we have try to install many time but issue was same. Please my issue Microsoft Team. My Windows Version is 11 and we have install latest updates as well.Regards,Rao Noman....
  3. Microsoft Store Whatsapp is Not Working automatically closed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Whatsapp is Not Working automatically closed.: Hello Team,we have try to install many time but issue was same. Please my issue Microsoft Team. My Windows Version is 11 and we have install latest updates as well.Regards,Rao Noman....
  4. I can't find WhatsApp in Microsoft Store.

I can't find WhatsApp in Microsoft Store.: I can't find WhatsApp in Microsoft Store. Even when I search for it on google it redirects me to the store to the WhatsApp page without the "GET" button....
  5. WhatsApp and messenger not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WhatsApp and messenger not work: WhatsApp and messenger not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whatsapp-and-messenger-not-work/421e6cd4-39bd-4566-a783-153948cb22c9
  6. WhatsApp and messenger not work

WhatsApp and messenger not work: WhatsApp and messenger not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whatsapp-and-messenger-not-work/421e6cd4-39bd-4566-a783-153948cb22c9
  7. Mute incoming Facebook Messenger calls when on WhatsApp

Mute incoming Facebook Messenger calls when on WhatsApp: I hate this so much you know, when calling on WhatsApp that somebody else is calling on Facebook Messenger and that especially the sound of Facebook Messenger is clearly hearable for the other person to whom I am calling with on WhatsApp. I can mute individuals on Facebook...
  8. I am unable to install the new Messenger app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am unable to install the new Messenger app from Microsoft Store: The new Messenger app requires x64 based architecture which my PC has, but the app details page on the Store shows my PC has x86 based architecture. therefore I can't install the new Messenger app from the Microsoft Store. Other apps are showing x64 based architecture though...
  9. Cannot add payment method (mobile device) to Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot add payment method (mobile device) to Microsoft Store: When I try to add payment through a mobile device as a payment method in Microsoft Store, the app tells me to try again. I have tried numerous times, I have checked whether my mobile operator supports this, I have checked whether my mobile number is accurate—to no avail. I am...
  10. Where the "WhatsApp for PC" app in the Microsoft Store

Where the "WhatsApp for PC" app in the Microsoft Store: Hi In the Microsoft Store, I can not find the "WhatsApp for PC" app for Windows 10. Why? Thanks Bye 8051