Windows 10: New to OneDrive - horrible product, worst introduction ever!

Discus and support New to OneDrive - horrible product, worst introduction ever! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I just got a new laptop and was keen on editing some video files. The application I was importing large files to automatically used a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stumpadelic, Oct 7, 2019.

1. New to OneDrive - horrible product, worst introduction ever!

So I just got a new laptop and was keen on editing some video files. The application I was importing large files to automatically used a [windows-user]->Pictures sub-folder which I had no problem with. So after working with 15gb of files I start seeing errors as if there is a problem with the file I'm rendering. It turns out because OneDrive is full and wants to charge me for more storage. (Which would not be enough storage ANYWAYS!)

So I go to delete the files from OneDrive and now they get deleted off my laptop! I dig them out of the recycle bin and have to download them to my laptop. Try to un-sync the Pictures and Documents folders and am told I cannot because they are important to Windows. You mean MY copy of Windows. The one where I don't need OneDrive?

What a horrible product. Now I need to avoid using folders that my apps use by default because I am using Windows? What an absolute joke. And a horrible introduction to your product.

GARBAGE. Be warned.

:)

Stumpadelic, Oct 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Oct 7, 2019
  4. New to OneDrive - horrible product, worst introduction ever!

Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

New to OneDrive - horrible product, worst introduction ever!

1. New to OneDrive - horrible product, worst introduction ever! - Similar Threads - OneDrive horrible product

2. Is OneDrive the worst Microsoft product ever?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is OneDrive the worst Microsoft product ever?: I was obliged to bring my desktop in to a computer tech repair shop for an unrelated matter. They dealt with the matter effectively but after a few weeks I realized that "my pictures" and "my documents" had been defaulted by Windows to OneDrive. Without any action from me...
  3. Is OneDrive the worst Microsoft product ever?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is OneDrive the worst Microsoft product ever?: I was obliged to bring my desktop in to a computer tech repair shop for an unrelated matter. They dealt with the matter effectively but after a few weeks I realized that "my pictures" and "my documents" had been defaulted by Windows to OneDrive. Without any action from me...
  4. Worst Update EVER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Worst Update EVER: Ever since I updated Windows about 2 months back, everyday there’s something new. Whether it’s something small such as “windows spotlight” not displaying wallpapers anymore or my pc screen stuck on inverted colors It’s weird to me your devs & development team spend years...
  5. Worst Update EVER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Worst Update EVER: Ever since I updated Windows about 2 months back, everyday there’s something new. Whether it’s something small such as “windows spotlight” not displaying wallpapers anymore or my pc screen stuck on inverted colors It’s weird to me your devs & development team spend years...
  6. The worst bug ever

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The worst bug ever: [ATTACH][ATTACH] now where should i turn on back up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-worst-bug-ever/ea1a3112-881f-4bcc-a4d1-e089584cfa06
  7. THIS IS THE **** WORST **** EVER

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    THIS IS THE **** WORST **** EVER: HOW THE **** DID THE DEVS OF MS GET THEIR JOBS THE APP IS SO **** **** CRASHES WHEN DOWNLOADING SEARCH BAR DOESN'T WORK RESETTING IT DOESN'T WORK CLEARING CACHE DOESN'T WORK INSTALLS BLOATWARE **** GIVES ME ERROR CODE WHEN DOWNLOADING HALO WHEN IT SOMEHOW ACTUALLY WORKS...
  8. Worst update ever

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Worst update ever: The new update is terrible, terrible font, terrible working and mostly all they did was add 50% more ads. If I wanted to fight ads I would go to the AD site thought there is not much difference now. Want my old windows back. Time to look for a new server....
  9. Worst Os Ever

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Worst Os Ever: I think this is a tarted up Os of the worst Os built by a pile of monkeys, bring back bill and his team and win 2000 one of the best os for win or im off to apple where real developers are windows i loved but now its all **** ui and nothing goes into the programming...
  10. worst installation ever!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    worst installation ever!: So it all started when i was going to get windows 10 TP and i clicked the setup.exe.It went fine all the way till it said getting ready with the windows 10 logo and 3 dots going round it. That suddenly ended! A message came up saying your pc had a problem we are restarting...