Windows 10: New to PC and having issues changing video resolution from the default "low"

Discus and support New to PC and having issues changing video resolution from the default "low" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Can someone give some advice for a newbie lol? submitted by /u/nathanND2487 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nathanND2487, Aug 22, 2020.

1. New to PC and having issues changing video resolution from the default "low"

/u/nathanND2487, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Jim64 Win User
    W10 new build low resolution.

Got a new build PC with W10, screen resolution too low despite set to 1080p. My previous Windows 7 machine displays fine on same monitor. Tried all available settings options in W10 and Nvidia panel, also checked monitor display settings and another HDMI cable. Managed to get screen sized properly, but text, images, etc, are a pixelated low res. I've searched this issue online, but none of the suggestions have helped. I don't want to risk buying new monitor (existing one is 6 years old) in case issue recurs. I'm gutted as this is a brand new build, so any help would be appreciated.Cheers.

Jim64, Aug 22, 2020
  4. New to PC and having issues changing video resolution from the default "low"

Resolution change problem

Hi Miles,

Booting your computer into safe mode may help resolve the issue. Safe mode will adjust your computer's resolution back to default, thus make your monitor or tv work again. Follow the steps below:

• Power On your PC.
    • Press F8 during the first 10-15 seconds of your computer booting up.
    • Advance Boot Options should load, select Safe Mode.
    • Once in Safe Mode, try adjusting the resolution settings.
    • Restart your computer.
    If the issue still persists after doing the steps, we suggest using another monitor to help resolve the issue.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Martin Bar, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

New to PC and having issues changing video resolution from the default "low"

1. New to PC and having issues changing video resolution from the default "low" - Similar Threads - having issues changing

2. Videos playing low resolution/low frames

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos playing low resolution/low frames: Currently having an issue with videos being previewed when i open them on my desktop. This has been happening since before the most recent windows update. 2023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219THE ISSUE: Horrible lag, frame...
  3. Videos playing low resolution/low frames

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos playing low resolution/low frames: Currently having an issue with videos being previewed when i open them on my desktop. This has been happening since before the most recent windows update. 2023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219THE ISSUE: Horrible lag, frame...
  4. Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming: Hello, I had an older ideapad that would display 4k and 1080p if 4k not offered with no issues since 2017. In Nov/22, all of the sudden low res text, images, and videos played low res contantly. It plays 4k like a 1080, it plays 1080 like a 720. One interesting fact: I...
  5. Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming: Hello, I had an older ideapad that would display 4k and 1080p if 4k not offered with no issues since 2017. In Nov/22, all of the sudden low res text, images, and videos played low res contantly. It plays 4k like a 1080, it plays 1080 like a 720. One interesting fact: I...
  6. Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Chrome video quality issues in low resolution could be fixed on Windows soon

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome video quality issues in low resolution could be fixed on Windows soon: Multiple commits recently revealed that Chromium browsers such as Chrome will eventually get better on Windows. A commit by Microsoft revealed that the Chromium-based browsers will respect Windows 10’s system styling for captions and as well as allow Outlook users to drag or...
  8. Windows 10 Default Wallpaper Low Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Default Wallpaper Low Resolution: So guys, for some reason Windows 10's default wallpaper (which I like) is stuck at 1024 x 768 (or whatever the resolution is after a clean install) even after going to my native resolution of 1920 x 1080 after installing my GPU drivers. Is there a way to force Windows into...
  9. W10 new build low resolution.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    W10 new build low resolution.: Got a new build PC with W10, screen resolution too low despite set to 1080p. My previous Windows 7 machine displays fine on same monitor. Tried all available settings options in W10 and Nvidia panel, also checked monitor display settings and another HDMI cable. Managed to get...
  10. Low Resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Low Resolution: Hello Despite trying to find the right info I am still no further forward I am having problems with low screen resolution on my Desktop PC 22" monitor even though I have had it set to 1024x768 and above the screen still looks massive, I have tried dpi,, make desktop icons...