Windows 10: new to SSD does this drive look healthy

Discus and support new to SSD does this drive look healthy in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi there does this info on my SSD from HWINFO i'm curious if all looks ok i mean says its healthy i think but i'm new to these laptop SSD that look... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tonyb, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Tonyb Win User

new to SSD does this drive look healthy

hi there does this info on my SSD from HWINFO i'm curious if all looks ok i mean says its healthy i think but i'm new to these laptop SSD that look like a stick of ram LOL.
    [Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.)]
    [01] Raw Read Error Rate: 100/50, Worst: 100
    [05] Reallocated Sector Count: 100/5, Worst: 100
    [09] Power-On Hours/Cycle Count: 100/Always OK, Worst: 100 (183 hours / 7.6 days)
    [0C] Power Cycle Count: 100/Always OK, Worst: 100 (Data = 569,0)
    [AB] Program Fail Count (Total): 100/Always OK, Worst: 100
    [AC] Erase Fail Count (Total): 100/Always OK, Worst: 100
    [AD] Wear Leveling Count/Erase Count: 99/5, Worst: 99 (Data = 29,0)
    [AE] Unexpected Power Loss Count: 100/Always OK, Worst: 100 (Data = 20,0)
    [B0] Erase Fail Count: 100/Always OK, Worst: 100 (Data = 35,0)
    [B5] Program Fail Count (Total): 1/Always OK, Worst: 1
    [B7] SATA Interface Downshift / Runtime Bad Block: 100/Always OK, Worst: 100
    [B8] Reported I/O Error Detection Code Errors: 100/97, Worst: 100
    [BB] Uncorrectable Error Count: 100/Always OK, Worst: 100
    [BC] Command Timeout Count: 100/Always OK, Worst: 100
    [C2] Temperature 41/Always OK, Worst: 57 (41.0 C)
    [C6] Off-Line Uncorrectable Sector Count: 100/Always OK, Worst: 100
    [C7] SATA R-Errors (CRC) Error Count: 100/Always OK, Worst: 100
    [C9] Uncorrectable Soft Read Error Rate: 99/5, Worst: 99 (Data = 1971,0)
    [F1] Total Host Writes: 100/Always OK, Worst: 100 (Data = 117455,0)
    [F2] Total Host Reads: 100/Always OK, Worst: 100 (Data = 144237,0)
    [F3] ECC Bits Corrected: 100/Always OK, Worst: 100 (Data = 241722,0)

Drive Remaining Life 99%

[Device Statistics]
    Lifetime Power-On Resets: 569
    Power-on Hours: 183
    Logical Sectors Written: 117455
    Logical Sectors Read: 144237
    Number of Write Commands: 117455
    Number of Read Commands: 241722

Number of Reported Uncorrectable Errors: 0
    Resets Between Command Acceptance and Completion: 20

Current Temperature: 41 C
    Maximum Operating Temperature: 100 C
    Lifetime Temperature: 25 - 41 C

Number of Hardware Resets: 73974
    Number of Interface CRC Errors: 0

Used Endurance Indicator: 99%

:)

Tonyb, Aug 7, 2020

2. Looking for a new SSD

Hello all,

Im looking for a new SSD to replace a failing HDD in my desktop. Desktop interface is SATA III 6GB/s. I would like one around 500GB of storage. It will be used as the OS and Program/Games drive. I already have a 1TB HDD set up as a data drive.

Ive been looking at Intels, Kingstons, and some Samsungs. I dont know much yet about SSDs.

Does anyone have any suggestions for brand and/or model? I dont need anything with really extreme R/W speeds. A mid-line SSD would do me great.

ArazelEternal, Aug 7, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Aug 7, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

looking for a SSD drive recommendation

Pro is the older range and actually carry a 5 year warranty.

AsRock, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

1. new to SSD does this drive look healthy - Similar Threads - SSD does drive

2. looking for external ssd drive recommendations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    looking for external ssd drive recommendations: i'm looking for reliable and fast ssd drive, that will use as my system drive (windows 10). what should i be looking for? (500gb is enough) should i buy usb3 drive or m.2 drive connected via usb3 enclosure? will that be giving me some advantage? 174624
  3. new to SSD does this drive look healthy

new to SSD does this drive look healthy: hi there does this info on my SSD from HWINFO i'm curious if all looks ok i mean says its healthy i think but i'm new to these laptop SSD that look like a stick of ram LOL. [Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.)] [01] Raw Read Error Rate: 100/50,...
  4. new to SSD looking for upgrade possibility storage

new to SSD looking for upgrade possibility storage: hi all so i know its user serviceable i have allready popped it open, and tech at my local store says i can fully upgrade all storage, its a hp 15-cw1068wm laptop, i want to update the SSD stuff it plugs in to a slot on the board, and does come out as my tech at local store...
  5. new ssd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new ssd drive: bought ssd drive for dell 3521, need tips on transferring windows and operating system to new drive, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-ssd-drive/753d7a65-1691-4a40-89ed-e8911b00f93c
  6. SSD questions, new to SSD drives

SSD questions, new to SSD drives: Does a SSD drive need to be defrag? I read some say no and some say yes. Now it should just be swapped out with my old drive with the same plugs, right? This is only a extra drive not my booting drive. It there any other things I need to do or know, thanks! 133735
  7. SSD questions, new to SSD drives

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD questions, new to SSD drives: Does a SSD drive need to be defrag? I read some say no and some say yes. Now it should just be swapped out with my old drive with the same plugs, right? This is only a extra drive not my booting drive. It there any other things I need to do or know, thanks! 133735
  8. Looking for a new SSD

Looking for a new SSD: Hello all, Im looking for a new SSD to replace a failing HDD in my desktop. Desktop interface is SATA III 6GB/s. I would like one around 500GB of storage. It will be used as the OS and Program/Games drive. I already have a 1TB HDD set up as a data drive. Ive been...
  9. CrystalDiskInfo report: Is it a healthy drive?

CrystalDiskInfo report: Is it a healthy drive?: Hello. I am being skeptical of how my HDD is working. Here is the report I got: Code: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- CrystalDiskInfo 7.5.1 (C) 2008-2018 hiyohiyo Crystal Dew World : Crystal Dew World...
  10. New OS SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New OS SSD Drive: I'm confused with what, if I anything, that I need to do in order to activate Windows 10 once I replace/upgrade my OS SSD. I originally was able to take advantage of the free Windows 7 to 10 upgrade. What do I need to do with regard to activation once I re-install windows 10...