Windows 10: new to SSD looking for upgrade possibility storage

Discus and support new to SSD looking for upgrade possibility storage in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi all so i know its user serviceable i have allready popped it open, and tech at my local store says i can fully upgrade all storage, its a hp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tonyb, May 22, 2020.

1. Tonyb Win User

new to SSD looking for upgrade possibility storage

hi all so i know its user serviceable i have allready popped it open, and tech at my local store says i can fully upgrade all storage, its a hp 15-cw1068wm laptop, i want to update the SSD stuff it plugs in to a slot on the board, and does come out as my tech at local store has done so when upgrading the ram. i have also took back off before he did it to see for myself. so i would like to upgrade it at some point, what SSD size should i go too its 128GB now.

:)

Tonyb, May 22, 2020

2. Looking for a new SSD

Hello all,

Im looking for a new SSD to replace a failing HDD in my desktop. Desktop interface is SATA III 6GB/s. I would like one around 500GB of storage. It will be used as the OS and Program/Games drive. I already have a 1TB HDD set up as a data drive.

Ive been looking at Intels, Kingstons, and some Samsungs. I dont know much yet about SSDs.

Does anyone have any suggestions for brand and/or model? I dont need anything with really extreme R/W speeds. A mid-line SSD would do me great.

ArazelEternal, May 22, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, May 22, 2020
  4. new to SSD looking for upgrade possibility storage

What is Storage Sense? And how would it handle SSDs and/or Hard Drives?

There is a new Windows 10 feature that was added in the Creator's Update. It's called
    Storage Sense. It is accessed by going to the Settings UWP app, under the System menu, and in the Storage list item.

I couldn't find any more information about Storage Sense, other than it helps with the data stored on your primary and secondary drives, I think?

So I have a few questions:

• What is Storage Sense and what does it really do? Give an explanation as detailed as possible.
    • How would it work on SSDs?
    • How would it work on Hard Drives / Disc Platter Storage Medias?
    • Is it self-aware the user is on SSDs or on Hard Drives?

Thanks.

Tom.Befrugal, May 22, 2020
Thema:

new to SSD looking for upgrade possibility storage

1. new to SSD looking for upgrade possibility storage - Similar Threads - SSD looking upgrade

2. Upgrading to a new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to a new SSD.: So. I got a Lenovo Legion y540. It is already up to date with windows 11. But now I got a new 1TB WD Black SSD and when I tried upgrading it before it did not boot. So I put the old ssd back in and it turned on and it was like normal. How do I make the computer work with the...
  3. Upgrading to a new SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading to a new SSD.: So. I got a Lenovo Legion y540. It is already up to date with windows 11. But now I got a new 1TB WD Black SSD and when I tried upgrading it before it did not boot. So I put the old ssd back in and it turned on and it was like normal. How do I make the computer work with the...
  4. I'm thinking of switching my storage to a SSD, is that possible with the OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm thinking of switching my storage to a SSD, is that possible with the OS?: Hello,Long story short, I know cloning a hard drive is possible, I just want to know if the OS will act up funny if I do something it doesnt like I would hate to repurchase a license. So any tips? I'm going from a HDD to a SSD for better performance. Any comments would be...
  5. Upgrade to Win10 Pro & to new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Win10 Pro & to new SSD: Hi All, I have query related to fresh SSD Installation. My current HDD is dead & I have new SATA SSD to be install on my Dell Inspiron. Can you please let me know how I can install SSD on laptop with fresh WIN 10 Pro / Home edition OS installation. Currently I have...
  6. new to SSD does this drive look healthy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new to SSD does this drive look healthy: hi there does this info on my SSD from HWINFO i'm curious if all looks ok i mean says its healthy i think but i'm new to these laptop SSD that look like a stick of ram LOL. [Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.)] [01] Raw Read Error Rate: 100/50,...
  7. new to SSD does this drive look healthy

in Windows 10 Support
    new to SSD does this drive look healthy: hi there does this info on my SSD from HWINFO i'm curious if all looks ok i mean says its healthy i think but i'm new to these laptop SSD that look like a stick of ram LOL. [Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.)] [01] Raw Read Error Rate: 100/50,...
  8. Storage on SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage on SSD: I have a 227GB SSD which is showing a nearly full. When I run Storage Sense it says that Apps and Features is 97.2GB but when I go into it, there are only 2 apps bigger than 1GB and the total in no way reaches 97.2 GB. What is taking up all the space on my hard drive? Many...
  9. upgrade to an SSD storage device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    upgrade to an SSD storage device: I just upgraded my main PC to SSD and the cloning went OK but I cannot now connect to the internet. The other PC and laptop connect perfectly. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-an-ssd-storage-device/d67bf772-f649-477c-b3bf-a25c844155b4
  10. Looking for a new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking for a new SSD: Hello all, Im looking for a new SSD to replace a failing HDD in my desktop. Desktop interface is SATA III 6GB/s. I would like one around 500GB of storage. It will be used as the OS and Program/Games drive. I already have a 1TB HDD set up as a data drive. Ive been...