Windows 10: new to SSD looking for upgrade possibility storage

Discus and support new to SSD looking for upgrade possibility storage in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi all so i know its user serviceable i have allready popped it open, and tech at my local store says i can fully upgrade all storage, its a hp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tonyb, May 22, 2020.

1. Tonyb Win User

new to SSD looking for upgrade possibility storage

hi all so i know its user serviceable i have allready popped it open, and tech at my local store says i can fully upgrade all storage, its a hp 15-cw1068wm laptop, i want to update the SSD stuff it plugs in to a slot on the board, and does come out as my tech at local store has done so when upgrading the ram. i have also took back off before he did it to see for myself. so i would like to upgrade it at some point, what SSD size should i go too its 128GB now.

:)

Tonyb, May 22, 2020

2. Looking for a new SSD

Hello all,

Im looking for a new SSD to replace a failing HDD in my desktop. Desktop interface is SATA III 6GB/s. I would like one around 500GB of storage. It will be used as the OS and Program/Games drive. I already have a 1TB HDD set up as a data drive.

Ive been looking at Intels, Kingstons, and some Samsungs. I dont know much yet about SSDs.

Does anyone have any suggestions for brand and/or model? I dont need anything with really extreme R/W speeds. A mid-line SSD would do me great.

ArazelEternal, May 22, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, May 22, 2020
  4. new to SSD looking for upgrade possibility storage

What is Storage Sense? And how would it handle SSDs and/or Hard Drives?

There is a new Windows 10 feature that was added in the Creator's Update. It's called
    Storage Sense. It is accessed by going to the Settings UWP app, under the System menu, and in the Storage list item.

I couldn't find any more information about Storage Sense, other than it helps with the data stored on your primary and secondary drives, I think?

So I have a few questions:

• What is Storage Sense and what does it really do? Give an explanation as detailed as possible.
    • How would it work on SSDs?
    • How would it work on Hard Drives / Disc Platter Storage Medias?
    • Is it self-aware the user is on SSDs or on Hard Drives?

Thanks.

Tom.Befrugal, May 22, 2020
Thema:

new to SSD looking for upgrade possibility storage

1. new to SSD looking for upgrade possibility storage - Similar Threads - SSD looking upgrade

2. Is it possible to move a SSD with windows 10 to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to move a SSD with windows 10 to a new computer?: I have a bit of an oddball question, and am sorry for being a bother. I couldn't think of a proper question in the title that fit. I have two computers at the moment, the newer one with a problem I am attempting to narrow down. But my second computer is incomplete. I want...
  3. To Upgrade Storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    To Upgrade Storage: Hi I am Yeasin, using HP Probook 450 G4 which has storage of HDD 1 TB. Now I want to add Samsung 860 EVO 250GB 2.5 Inch Sata SSD. Can I use both drive at a time or I have to remove HDD to add SSD ? [ATTACH]...
  4. Looking for tutorial for fresh install of win10 home on new ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looking for tutorial for fresh install of win10 home on new ssd: I looked over the tutorial for custom installation of win 10 but it had many steps about microsoft accounts that I'm not sure are applicable to me. I have a new pc with a brand new ssd (sata) and I have made a bootable usb drive with win10 installation files on it. I'd...
  5. upgrade to an SSD storage device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    upgrade to an SSD storage device: I just upgraded my main PC to SSD and the cloning went OK but I cannot now connect to the internet. The other PC and laptop connect perfectly. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-an-ssd-storage-device/d67bf772-f649-477c-b3bf-a25c844155b4
  6. Storage Utilization Suggestion, new PC with SSD & HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Utilization Suggestion, new PC with SSD & HDD: I recently purchased a new Dell XPS 8930 with a 256gb SSD and 2tb HDD. What would be the best recommendation to utilize these effectively. I've yet to unbox this Desktop PC as I want to research all best solutions before I move data from old PC and/or re-install software....
  7. Intel rapid storage drivers after 500GB ssd upgrade

Intel rapid storage drivers after 500GB ssd upgrade: Have a Dell 15Z 5523 ultrabook. I've been using a 1TB HDD and 32GB mSata SSD for HDD caching. It was managed by Intel Rapid Storage Technology software. Worked great. I just cloned the 1TB drive to a Samsung 500GB SSD. MZ7KM480HAHP - Enterprise SSD | Samsung Semiconductor...
  8. Looking for a new SSD

Looking for a new SSD: Hello all, Im looking for a new SSD to replace a failing HDD in my desktop. Desktop interface is SATA III 6GB/s. I would like one around 500GB of storage. It will be used as the OS and Program/Games drive. I already have a 1TB HDD set up as a data drive. Ive been...
  9. SSD possibly failing

SSD possibly failing: Hello, I've been having an issue where my SSD has been disappearing when a game or something just suddenly freezes/won't respond and I'll end up having to do a hard reboot to get windows to restart and function.. when it takes a minute to load up and i login.. the SSD is...
  10. Slow SSD Possibly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow SSD Possibly: Hi All Ran a benchmark for my Western Digital Blue SSD 250gb, am using the Intel 100/200 storage driver, don't think PC supports Rapid storage technology that I can tell, Store bought Asus G11CD, SSD was my own, transferred from older system, I can afford a newer Samsung...