Windows 10: New to W10, apps installing on secondary drive?

Discus and support New to W10, apps installing on secondary drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey all, before I get comments... yes Im new to windows 10, i dislike change Anyways... I was and have been using w8.1.. recently formatted my PC SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 403Phaze, Jul 15, 2021.

1. 403Phaze Win User

New to W10, apps installing on secondary drive?

Hey all, before I get comments... yes Im new to windows 10, i dislike change Anyways... I was and have been using w8.1.. recently formatted my PC SSD and went the w10 route.. so I have a huge learning curve to deal with.. 1st.. when I was using w8.1, i had OS/Cdrive installed on a partition on my SSD and then closed off the rest and made all downloads go to a different HD to prevent "issues" Since I changed to W10 OS, it seems like I need to re-download EVERYTHING.. is there a way to make w10 search for programs on other drives to add them (drivers/default apps...) it seems like every time I tried to download an app, windows created unwanted folders on my (D) drive rather then C where all my "storage" is pointing... 2nd.. less important, is there an easier way then using a VM to "clone" my 8.1 "user profile" and copying it over to my 10 "user profile" so i have the desktop layout / extentions working properly instead of starting over?

:)

403Phaze, Jul 15, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

apps not working on secondary drive

Hi Lomavista,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Which apps are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: Install all app updates from Windows Store.

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 2: I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

Do let us know if you are able to use all apps from secondary drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jul 15, 2021
  4. New to W10, apps installing on secondary drive?

W10 File History Not Backing Up Internal Secondary Drive.

• Can you access your external hard drive and the files associated with it?
      Yea, everything is accessible. Just like a normal internal drive.

• Does your PC recognize your external hard drive? Yup, everything runs to my knowledge no differant.
    • Have you made any software or hardware changes to your device prior to the issue?
      No software/hardware changes other than installing this new internal secondary drive. The drive that my backup drive won't backup.
    • Are there any error messages that appear when you attempt to back up your files to your main back up drive?
      No errors, no warning, no indication at all anything is not working.
    • If you attempt to copy a file to the external hard drive, does the file appear on the hard drive?
      Yes. All drives copy/paste, read/write normally. The only thing that doesnt seem to work is W10 Backup not backing up my secondary internal drive to my external backup drive.

David Paplia, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

New to W10, apps installing on secondary drive?

1. New to W10, apps installing on secondary drive? - Similar Threads - W10 apps installing

2. Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive: I had my main hdd lock up and when I restarted it went to repair pc which it could not do. When I go into the advance options I have been able to use the recovery key to turn off the drive but it still will not let me repair the start up. So I went ahead and installed the new...
  3. Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive: I had my main hdd lock up and when I restarted it went to repair pc which it could not do. When I go into the advance options I have been able to use the recovery key to turn off the drive but it still will not let me repair the start up. So I went ahead and installed the new...
  4. Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. New to W10, apps installing on secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    New to W10, apps installing on secondary drive?: Hey all, before I get comments... yes Im new to windows 10, i dislike change Anyways... I was and have been using w8.1.. recently formatted my PC SSD and went the w10 route.. so I have a huge learning curve to deal with.. 1st.. when I was using w8.1, i had OS/Cdrive...
  6. Missing Disk drive on new W10 installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Disk drive on new W10 installation: New PC, newly installed W10 (Version 1903, and installed by a professional, not by me) and two normal disks, an SSD with Windows on it and a standard hard disk, as well as a CD read/write drive. Only problem is that the hard disk cannot be accessed. For background, I have...
  7. Installing Win10 on a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 on a secondary drive: Hey guys, this is probably one of the most common topics but I can't find a clean answer to my specific question. I've got two SSDs, a small old one and a big new one. Due to problems of certain software I want the big drive to be my new main drive with Win10 on it....
  8. Missing Disk drive on new W10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Disk drive on new W10 installation: New PC, newly installed W10 (Version 1903, and installed by a professional, not by me) and two normal disks, an SSD with Windows on it and a standard hard disk, as well as a CD read/write drive. Only problem is that the hard disk cannot be accessed. For background, I have...
  9. Xbox app (beta) - Installing games to a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app (beta) - Installing games to a secondary drive: (Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this - this is less of a question and more of a bug report I guess?) I've been trying for the past few days to download a number of games from the Xbox PC game pass to a secondary drive, which is occasionally removed, on my PC....
  10. New W10 installation

in Windows 10 Support
    New W10 installation: Installed a couple hours ago seems to work quite well, but how do I find my computer as in win 7 , my drives etc??? 13512