Windows 10: New to Win 10 Home - more set/startup questions

Discus and support New to Win 10 Home - more set/startup questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am back with a couple of more questions that I encountered in my pre setup preparations: 1. Would like some opinions, pros/cons on setting up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fdm2000, Jan 15, 2020.

1. fdm2000 Win User

New to Win 10 Home - more set/startup questions

I am back with a couple of more questions that I encountered in my pre setup preparations:

1. Would like some opinions, pros/cons on setting up a Local Account vs the default Microsoft Account.

2. It seems that Microsoft has now made it more difficult to set up a local account and is doing everything it can to prevent its creation.

3. I read that System Protection by default reportedly is disabled and with it disabled, system restore points cannot be created. Is this true?

Thanks to those kind souls reading and responding to the thread.

Frank

:)

fdm2000, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Startup issues since upgrading to Win 10

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try performing "Startup Repair" and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and click on Restart from login screen.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced Options.
    • Select Startup Repair and follow the on screen instructions.
    Let us know if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jan 15, 2020
  4. New to Win 10 Home - more set/startup questions

Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

New to Win 10 Home - more set/startup questions

1. New to Win 10 Home - more set/startup questions - Similar Threads - Home more set

2. Win 10 Offline Files Question - User home drives moving to new server

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Offline Files Question - User home drives moving to new server: Hi . . . Going back in time some years ago - squashing the CSC dB in ( Win . . . 7? XP? ) was relatively easy and straight fwd w/a reg mod and a reboot. It would appear from googling that times have changed and it isn't so easy to kill / delete / reset an offline files cache...
  3. Win 10 startup question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 startup question: I just got a refurb'd Dell 9020 w/win 10 pro 64. I generally prefer win 7 and would like to get 10 to look & run like 7 as much as possible. On startup, the OS opens with a pic, then you hit enter & have to enter the PW. I'd prefer the PC just open to the desktop, no pic 1st,...
  4. No more Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No more Win 10?: My computer showed a notice that Win 10 would no longer be supported by Microsoft, including Defender. What will replace it? TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-more-win-10/182e7c7c-6cb1-466e-a916-21aa57f5b033
  5. No more Win 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    No more Win 10?: Hello, I have just installed Ubuntu next to Windows 10. And didn't know about GRUB. Now the pc only starts Ubuntu. How can I boot Windows 10? Kein Win 10 mehr?
  6. Question regarding upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question regarding upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: Hello. I am thinking of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. If I purchase the new product key, do I have to do a full backup of my computer as if for a full upgrade or does the new product key just unlock the upgraded version?...
  7. Another set win 10 update related questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Another set win 10 update related questions: Hello again, sorry for the spam. Is there any way I can select what updates to install? It wants to install something called A-Volute - SoftwareComponent - 1.6.1.0 - I have no idea what this is... Also is windows defender keeping itself updated outside of the mainupdate...
  8. a new question about win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    a new question about win 10: The Dell laptop that I have doesn't have a LED that blinks when the internal HD is working. So I found a small program that sites on the desktop and runs in the background and blinks when the HD is working. But the prog didn't come with an installer. I have a copy of the prog...
  9. I have 2 question's about win 10 home

in Windows 10 Support
    I have 2 question's about win 10 home: This is about an Asus model X541N laptop OS win 10 Home 64bit that I up for free from a pawn shop owner that I know. He couldn't get the previous owner's Microsoft account off the laptop and he can't sell the laptop without the previous owner's account removed. It was a...
  10. Hypothetical question re Win 10 home-Pro upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hypothetical question re Win 10 home-Pro upgrade.: I've asked this on various Windows forums & received conflicting replies; some say it'll works while other say it won't, posting here to get a genuinely honest answer. Long story so bear with me. I previously has a Vista premium/pro laptop which was retired & I bought a...