Windows 10: New to Win 10. How and where do I set Parental controls?

Discus and support New to Win 10. How and where do I set Parental controls? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Just upgraded to Win 10 and need to set parental controls. Where do I start?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KearonRichmond, May 7, 2020.

1. New to Win 10. How and where do I set Parental controls?

Just upgraded to Win 10 and need to set parental controls. Where do I start?

:)

KearonRichmond, May 7, 2020

2. Parental Control Settings

Hi Taylor,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to refer to the steps mentioned by ‘Loraine Mon’ in the thread

how do I turn off parental controls

You can also go through
    Set up parental controls for Windows 10 and Xbox One
    for more details.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, May 7, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Parental Controls aren't working

Hi,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Arul_D, May 7, 2020
  4. New to Win 10. How and where do I set Parental controls?

Parental Settings

Hi
    Anngelique,

To better assist you with your concern, please follow troubleshooting steps on how to remove parental controls below:

• Go to the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Click Parental Controls.
    • Click on your account photo.
    • Choose Parental control off.
    The steps provided works only if the user account has full access to the PC.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, May 7, 2020
Thema:

New to Win 10. How and where do I set Parental controls?

1. New to Win 10. How and where do I set Parental controls? - Similar Threads - where set Parental

2. How the actual **** do I get Parental Controls working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How the actual **** do I get Parental Controls working: I try Parental Controls to keep my brother off certain websites & it just **** brokeIt doesn't allow the websites I have in allowed sites AT ALL& my brother constantly complains to me about the sites being blocked even though I ALREADY **** ALLOWED THEM???I went to my...
  3. How do I disable parental controls?????????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable parental controls?????????: I tried to buy Minecraft. but it keeps asking me, "You need to get permission." It doesn't send it to my email though. HOW DO I DISABLE PARENTAL CONTROLS?????...
  4. How do I disable parental controls?????????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable parental controls?????????: I tried to buy Minecraft. but it keeps asking me, "You need to get permission." It doesn't send it to my email though. HOW DO I DISABLE PARENTAL CONTROLS?????...
  5. Parent: How to turn off Wins 10 Parental Control totally

Parent: How to turn off Wins 10 Parental Control totally: Hi, I set up parental control on my PC when my kids was younger. Which means they each have their own sign in ID on my PC. Eg: If the son want to use, he will log in his ID. I am of course the main Admin User. I think this is tagged to the Microsoft Family . As they have...
  6. How do I put a "parental control" on MY account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I put a "parental control" on MY account?: Everything I search for says to open a new account. WHY? I just want to but a block on sites that my grandchildren may stumble upon when using MY computer. In windows past I could pull up a site that would accept a code to turn on or off....
  7. how do I disable parental control on windows 10

how do I disable parental control on windows 10: how do I disable parental control on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-parental-control-on-windows-10/5b5c674c-ed58-466e-8389-d5051ab2e1f6
  8. Parental control settings

Parental control settings: Some feature in forza horizon 4 are blocked because of parental control settings, even though my account is unrestricted, I know where to change these settings but all the settings are already set to allowed and yet I still have no access....
  9. Parental Control Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental Control Settings: Hey Guys I've just bought Forza Horizon 4 on PC and I want to access clubs but do the the "parental controls" or whatever they are, I can't join them or access the online in-game auctions. I've gone onto my Xbox app and tried to change them, but every time i get redirected...
  10. Parental control not working in Win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Parental control not working in Win 10: Hi, I have the latest Win10, all patches applied. I have created an new microsoft account for my 8 years old son. I applied all the restrictions for content: block inappropriate content and then added 5 websites that should be always allowed and ticked the checkbox: "Only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to bypass parental controls windows 10