Windows 10: New to Win10, my email address was already claimed by someone else.

Discus and support New to Win10, my email address was already claimed by someone else. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a gmail address that is prone to reverse identity theft. I've been avoiding Win10 as long as possible and staying with Win7. I just got a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SufficientPie, Dec 21, 2019.

1. New to Win10, my email address was already claimed by someone else.

1. I have a gmail address that is prone to reverse identity theft.
    2. I've been avoiding Win10 as long as possible and staying with Win7.
    3. I just got a new laptop with Win10.
    4. It requires a live.com login to even use the computer (ugh) so I tried to create one using aforementioned email address.
    5. The email address was already attached to someone else's live.com account, most likely just because they're an idiot with the same last name and first initial, and Microsoft doesn't do any validation.
    6. I took over the account using my email and changed the password, and removed their phone number from the account. I don't know if it has any other info in it, and not sure where else to look.
    7. But since this is so intimately tied to the OS itself (ugh) are there any security concerns about someone else claiming the account first?
    submitted by /u/SufficientPie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SufficientPie, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Bastet Win User

Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. New to Win10, my email address was already claimed by someone else. :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Dec 21, 2019
  3. How do I change the email address with which I sign in to Windows 10?

Hi Lester,

Thank you very much for this.

I went through your steps and the acxcount was not listed.

The account (the gmail) was not there, having checked both areas you have suggested. So I could not get to the stage rto allow it....as not shown.

I then tried to change the Win10 login email address but it still says that the email address is aleady in use.

Any more ideas , please?

Many thanks

John

JohnJoannou1, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

New to Win10, my email address was already claimed by someone else.

Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

Thema:

New to Win10, my email address was already claimed by someone else.

1. New to Win10, my email address was already claimed by someone else. - Similar Threads - Win10 email address

2. My phone number is attached to someone else's email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My phone number is attached to someone else's email: I've always used my email address to log in and create accounts for student computers. Today I used my phone number and it came up with a whole other name. How do i disconnect my phone number from someone else's account?...
  3. My phone number is attached to someone else's email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My phone number is attached to someone else's email: I've always used my email address to log in and create accounts for student computers. Today I used my phone number and it came up with a whole other name. How do i disconnect my phone number from someone else's account?...
  4. Someone is using my email address?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone is using my email address?!: I used to have an account with Microsoft, but when I try to log-in it appears that someone is using my email address with their account. It says it is being used with another Microsoft account, which makes no sense. I see the first two letters of the username, but it's...
  5. Someone is using my email address?!

Someone is using my email address?!: I used to have an account with Microsoft, but when I try to log-in it appears that someone is using my email address with their account. It says it is being used with another Microsoft account, which makes no sense. I see the first two letters of the username, but it's...
  6. Someone is using my email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone is using my email address.: Someone is using my email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-is-using-my-email-address/fe811341-8930-40c1-928c-7e083447756a
  7. Someone is using my email address.

Someone is using my email address.: Someone is using my email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-is-using-my-email-address/fe811341-8930-40c1-928c-7e083447756a
  8. someone else on my network with the same IP address

in Windows 10 Customization
    someone else on my network with the same IP address: I am getting this message stating that my PC says there is someone else on my network with the same IP address and to check this in the WIndows System event Log. I have read the solution that is posted for this but my question is why is this happening when this is my...
  9. Someone else is using my email address as an alias on their Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Someone else is using my email address as an alias on their Microsoft account: When I first set up my Microsoft account, I used an email account I had from a paid service k****@j********.net. When Gmail launched, I set up a Gmail Account for backup use *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, but I never added it to my Microsoft account. A few...
  10. Email address is already taken

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Email address is already taken: Trying to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account but it already has it's own Microsoft account. How do I delete that Microsoft account so I can use its email on my current one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my email is already claimed?