Windows 10: New to Windows 10 - Discovered a problem

Discus and support New to Windows 10 - Discovered a problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello folks. I'm new here because I'm new to Windows 10. Last week I bit the bullet and picked up a refurbished Dell OptiPlex 9010 SFF computer, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scoopyx, Nov 18, 2019.

1. scoopyx Win User

New to Windows 10 - Discovered a problem

Hello folks.
    I'm new here because I'm new to Windows 10.
    Last week I bit the bullet and picked up a refurbished Dell OptiPlex 9010 SFF computer, which came with Windows 10 Pro (version 1903).
    The new computer replaces one I had built for me in 2012 (or around about that time) which has Windows 7 Home on it.
    I'm getting used to Windows 10 and (mostly) managing to control it, but as the thread title says, I've struck a problem.
    I sometimes burn audio and/or movies to CD and DVD, and the process of burning anything hasn't been an issue for me for many years.
    But over the weekend, I decided to test the DVD-RW burner that came with my new machine.
    It refused to recognise two different kinds of DVD-RW discs, and I eventually got it to burn a movie using a Verbatim DVD-RW.
    But even then, the DVD wouldn't play in our Blu-ray player. It was pixellating and then freezing just seconds into the movie.
    I actually didn't get to the actual movie.
    I must say I'm confused, because as I said I've been on top of this kind of thing for a long time and burning anything is not usually a problem.
    The OptiPlex is running 16GB of RAM and an Intel i7 3770S processor, whereas my old one runs an Intel i5 3570K with only 12GB of RAM.
    So to my way of thinking, this computer should be even more powerful than my old one, shouldn't it?
    The burner is a HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GT80N (whatever brand that is - an LG?).
    So to my question: Would anyone have any suggestions about why I might be suddenly having disc recognition problems, and then really bad burning results?
    Should I maybe update the burner's firmware somehow or something like that?
    Your advice or thoughts would be appreciated, because I'm not very happy about it.
    Thanks and regards,

:)

scoopyx, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 18, 2019
  4. New to Windows 10 - Discovered a problem

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

New to Windows 10 - Discovered a problem

1. New to Windows 10 - Discovered a problem - Similar Threads - Discovered problem

2. Discovering Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Discovering Desktops: Whether you say "Virtual Desktops" or "Multiple Desktops" it is one terrific ability in your Windows 10 Operating System. Before any words as to why this is true, this is the concern... It has come to my attention that many End Users may not, even, be aware this exists, let...
  3. New to Windows 10 - Discovered a problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New to Windows 10 - Discovered a problem: Hello folks. I'm new here because I'm new to Windows 10. Last week I bit the bullet and picked up a refurbished Dell OptiPlex 9010 SFF computer, which came with Windows 10 Pro (version 1903). The new computer replaces one I had built for me in 2012 (or around about that time)...
  4. my laptop will not discover blue tooth audio device

my laptop will not discover blue tooth audio device: my Windows 10 Lenovo G500s Touch will not discover my Bose SoundLink speaker. I have no other devices to try to discover but I reset the device and my phone discovered it and linked up with no problem. When I try to find the speaker, the laptop just searches endlessly with no...
  5. I Discovered a Program In Task Manager called "mormonism" Please Help, I Cannot Find It. -...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Discovered a Program In Task Manager called "mormonism" Please Help, I Cannot Find It. -...: [ATTACH] I found this "mormonism" program/app in my Task Manager. It was affecting the performance of my computer by slowing it down. PLEASE HELP ME FIND THIS PROGRAM. Malwarebytes doesn't find it in a full scan, neither does the October 2019 version of the Microsoft...
  6. Huge Android trojan malware campaign was discovered

in Windows 10 News
    Huge Android trojan malware campaign was discovered: A giant botnet and banking trojan malware operation has infected hundreds of thousands of Android users since at least 2016 – but mistakes by the group have revealed details of the campaign and how they operate. Dubbed the Geost botnet after a name repeatedly found in the...
  7. Improper charge on my Discover card bill, from "MICROSOFT REDMOND WA"

Improper charge on my Discover card bill, from "MICROSOFT REDMOND WA": I just received my Discover charge bill, and there was a charge May 20 from "MICROSOFT REDMOND WA" for $139.00. Why is this … since my computer does not have special Microsoft products on it … I use Open Office products. Why am I being charged this amount, and how can I...
  8. Bluetooth headphones not getting discovered by Windows 10 laptop

Bluetooth headphones not getting discovered by Windows 10 laptop: Hi, My Bluetooth headphones (Sennheiser HD 4.04BT) is not getting discovered by my Windows 10 laptop (Asus ROG GL503GE Strix 15) despite several attempts to connect it. I have tried updating the drivers and setting the Bluetooth Support Service to automatic after seeing...
  9. Discovered Bugs in 1903 Update

Discovered Bugs in 1903 Update: In setting, pressing the app and feautre tab doesnt work and crashes setting, also cant be fixed by DISM not SFC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/discovered-bugs-in-1903-update/e0a79a4d-1d8f-469c-aa80-1f77de1fe43e
  10. Using Windows 8.1. Discovered that Windows Defender is hogging RAM unless I run unnecessary...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using Windows 8.1. Discovered that Windows Defender is hogging RAM unless I run unnecessary...: This has been weird, but I finally identified the culprit. My PC keeps slowing down. I do a Ctrl-Alt-Del, then Task Manager and look at Processes, and see that Antimalware Service Executable is using something like 1300 megs of RAM. I finally figured out that it was...