Windows 10: New to WIndows 10. Idle RAM usage, What proccesses can I disable?

Discus and support New to WIndows 10. Idle RAM usage, What proccesses can I disable? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Im new to Windows 10. My PC have 4gb of RAM. Idle RAM usage on windows 7 15 min after start-up was 600-700 MB, but on Win 10 it is 1.5-1.8GB.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StefanUnkovic, Feb 15, 2019.

1. New to WIndows 10. Idle RAM usage, What proccesses can I disable?

Hello, Im new to Windows 10. My PC have 4gb of RAM. Idle RAM usage on windows 7 15 min after start-up was 600-700 MB, but on Win 10 it is 1.5-1.8GB. How can I free up more RAM?

:)

StefanUnkovic, Feb 15, 2019
  2. JOGAN Win User

Windows 10 Idle RAM Usage

New to WIndows 10. Idle RAM usage, What proccesses can I disable? [​IMG]

I'm wondering if my idle ram is normal for Windows 10. It's using about 1.2-1.5GB on idle without any programs running.

On Windows 8 it my idle usage was 900MB - 1.1GB with no programs running and with all the same programs installed.

So is that a normal amount for windows 10? Does W10 just utilise more ram?

How much memory is windows 10 using for you?

JOGAN, Feb 15, 2019
  3. worf105 Win User
    Windows 10 Idle RAM Usage

My system uses around 1.6 GB while at idle.

worf105, Feb 15, 2019
  4. New to WIndows 10. Idle RAM usage, What proccesses can I disable?

Idle ram usage at around 8GB!

ive seen similair threads, and have tweaked the registry values in similair youtube videos.

just from a normal startup I peak at around 60% used ram out 16 gb installed ( 10ish gb).

most of the ram is being used by system prcesses mostly reading anywhere from.1-.2 % for each process. I am very confused what is causing this and would like to know if anyone else has seen an issue like this?

after registry tweaks dont aolve, is my next step to reinstall windows? Is adding more ram viable instead? Thanks for taking the time everyone

TLDR: machine idles at 8gb ram usage before and after registry tweaks, whats is my next step in diagnosing the cause?

NileStephey, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

New to WIndows 10. Idle RAM usage, What proccesses can I disable?

1. New to WIndows 10. Idle RAM usage, What proccesses can I disable? - Similar Threads - Idle RAM usage

2. 45% ram usage on idle with 32GB of ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    45% ram usage on idle with 32GB of ram: Hello, I built my PC this week and I'm already having this issue of high ram usage, any fix I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/45-ram-usage-on-idle-with-32gb-of-ram/f78ce375-ea1f-49a8-bca2-4b84d9ace324
  3. 45% ram usage on idle with 32GB of ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    45% ram usage on idle with 32GB of ram: Hello, I built my PC this week and I'm already having this issue of high ram usage, any fix I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/45-ram-usage-on-idle-with-32gb-of-ram/f78ce375-ea1f-49a8-bca2-4b84d9ace324
  4. High Idle RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Idle RAM Usage: windows is using high amounts of ram while not running any other programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-idle-ram-usage/31b4a1e2-4389-4f06-80ae-91411ee92efa
  5. High Idle RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Idle RAM Usage: windows is using high amounts of ram while not running any other programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-idle-ram-usage/31b4a1e2-4389-4f06-80ae-91411ee92efa
  6. What percentage of 8gb RAM does windows 10 on idle usage usually?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What percentage of 8gb RAM does windows 10 on idle usage usually?: I bought a lenovo laptop that came with all the preinstalled software and all. It currently sometimes uses 46-50% of my 8gb RAM on idle usage. Considering 2 tabs of edge and a 1080p VLC file was taking 71%, isn't this too much? submitted by /u/bazingaaa16 [link]...
  7. High RAM usage by windows proccesses

High RAM usage by windows proccesses: Hi, I recently updated Windows after a very long time and I had a similar problem with Antimalware Executable before I found some solutions, which seemed to solve the problem. Now the RAM usage is distributed among many Windows Proccesses. I have 8 GBs of ram and it seems...
  8. Huge Idle RAM Usage by Windows 10

Huge Idle RAM Usage by Windows 10: [ATTACH] I have a pretty powerful system that is currently running Windows 10 build 18362. I've noticed this more and more in the past few weeks - my system will use an huge amount of RAM after a somewhat long uptime. And to that I have no solution. But, it's getting worse...
  9. RAM usage idling at 40% Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM usage idling at 40% Windows 10: Hi, I've got 8GB of RAM, noticed I'm idling at 40% just on the desktop, no applications open, other than task manager. This is a problem because in games this then reaches 90-100% which is causing lagging. I've followed a load of advice online - modifying 'start' value to...
  10. Windows 10 Idle RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Idle RAM Usage: [img] I'm wondering if my idle ram is normal for Windows 10. It's using about 1.2-1.5GB on idle without any programs running. On Windows 8 it my idle usage was 900MB - 1.1GB with no programs running and with all the same programs installed. So is that a normal...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 idle ram usage