Windows 10: New to windows 10

Discus and support New to windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello new to windows 10 and this forum, i got a new laptop alienware, specs are i7, 32gb of ddr4, 3 hard drives a 256gb ssd 500gb ssd and a 1tb sata... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by monster212, Jan 13, 2018.

1. New to windows 10

hello new to windows 10 and this forum, i got a new laptop alienware, specs are i7, 32gb of ddr4, 3 hard drives a 256gb ssd 500gb ssd and a 1tb sata drive, nivida 1060 gpu ,first i have done is install classic shell , with that said anything i should do to windows, or now about windows like what not to change etc.. i cant put windows 7 on this as no drivers for it so stuck with 10.. and wanna try to get it close to windows seven...

Thanks Monster

:)

monster212, Jan 13, 2018

2. burn photos to cds in windows 10

since I upgraded to windows 10, I can't burn photos to cds.help!1

new to this windows 10, Jan 13, 2018
  3. mail app

Mail app has completely disappeared form task bar and start key

new to computersRS, Jan 13, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

New to windows 10

Hello @monster212 , welcome to tenforums! *Smile Glad to have you aboard!

Oh, where to begin! *Wink

Fact is, you'll be getting many decent suggestions and possibly many not so decent suggestions pertaining to your inquiry so, keep this thread open and check back often.
    Sift through the replies with discretion.

Don't expect the ultimate tutorial in one shot.

Edwin, Jan 13, 2018
  5. hiphopper Win User
    One thing you might just try. Run Windows 10 as is without extra cruft like classic shell. I know the knee jerk reaction is to make it more like Windows 7, but until you've tried the OTB experience how do you know you won't like it?

I speak from experience because I installed all that stuff since Windows 8, and eventually got tired of having to install those things with each upgrade. I now live pretty happily with Windows as inTENded.
    New to windows 10 [​IMG]

hiphopper, Jan 13, 2018
  6. Berton Win User
    Just a note, Classic Shell has had development stopped, author said Win10 gets too many changes too soon to keep up with it.

Berton, Jan 13, 2018
  7. Tony K Win User
    Hello, @ monster212. Welcome to Windows TenForums.

I agree with hiphopper. How would you know unless you try? 10 is a very customizable system. Features in it are great for navigation and getting work/tasks done with ease and speed. A lot better than 7 for sure.

Oh? Thanks for that. Good to know.

Tony K, Jan 13, 2018
  8. Edwin New Member

New to windows 10

*Thumbs

Edwin, Jan 13, 2018
  9. Thank you everyone for the welcome, I will say sofar windows 10 seems fast and smoother.. I will try it with out classic shell, as I did not know they stop work on it.

monster212, Jan 13, 2018
  10. Berton Win User
    Berton, Jan 13, 2018
  11. Tony K Win User
    And if I may refine it with a quote, which is basically the subject here. A knew way of performing things.

Classic Shell View topic - Classic Shell no longer in development. Source code released

Tony K, Jan 13, 2018
  12. well i am trying 10 with out classic shell and must say i am getting used to it, also win 10 is not as bad as everyone seems to make it out to be, i can do everything i could on windows seven, yes some things are a bit different but so far good and 10 seems to run faster and smoother... i am gonna be reading up on the forum this week.. and see what i can learn..

monster212, Jan 15, 2018
  13. Bree New Member

New to windows 10

*Ditto

When my XP box died the only new machines available were Windows 8. Rather than go through that steep learning curve I bought a used Windows 7 laptop. Then, after a year or so, I took the free upgrade to 10 at launch in in 2015. It took me no more than two weeks to find my way round and feel completely at home.

IME a lot of the questions we get asked here about failed upgrades and the like can be traced to well-intentioned 'tweaks' to make 10 more like 7, either third-party tools or registry hacks. My machine has taken all the upgrades in its stride and is now happily running 1709. I put that down in part to 'leaving well alone' and embracing the new features 10 has to offer.

14. Tony K Win User
    Well stated, Bree. *Thumbs

Tony K, Jan 15, 2018
  15. Bree New Member
    Thank you.

Thema:

New to windows 10