Windows 10: New Tools is this a good or bad thing ????

Discus and support New Tools is this a good or bad thing ???? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; New tools promise to unlock the potential of Windows 10 Mobile and Lumia smartphone. Can Windows Phone Internals bring the hacker community back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mickey, Nov 25, 2015.

1. mickey Win User

New Tools is this a good or bad thing ????

New tools promise to unlock the potential of Windows 10 Mobile and Lumia smartphone. Can Windows Phone Internals bring the hacker community back to the fold?

Windows Phone has a very ironic history. Back in the mid-2000s it was the operating system for hackers, tinkerers and those looking to push the boundaries of mobile computing.
    The availability of a new suite of tools dubbed Windows Phone Internals 1.0.
    The new software has been under development for many months now and lets higher-end hobbyists "unlock the bootloader of selected Lumia Windows Phone models. After unlocking the bootloader, you can enable Root Access on the phone or create and flash Custom ROM's."

The software supports "most versions of Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10 Mobile", which is very interesting.

:)

mickey, Nov 25, 2015
  2. korngear Win User

Mini USB interface - good or bad thing?

Mini USB is obviously a good thing. It is stable.

korngear, Nov 25, 2015
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    is this a bad thing

Hi Richard,

This can be caused by several reasons. One of these reasons could be related to the devices connected to your computer. For us to diagnose what is causing this issue, we would like to know the following information:

• Have you made any changes to the computer recently?
      Recently installed any software or updates?
    • What were you doing before getting the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter.
    This is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details on how to fix them.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on View all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Devices options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware Troubleshooter.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Nov 25, 2015
Thema:

New Tools is this a good or bad thing ????

1. New Tools is this a good or bad thing ???? - Similar Threads - Tools bad thing

2. Automatic Updates Good or Bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Updates Good or Bad?: Hello.So, since Windows XP, there was an automatic updates feature. But I'm one of those people who DON'T like it. I just want to see your opinion about this feature....
  3. Good news and bad news

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Good news and bad news: Ok, so let's get the bad news out of the way. I should think you all are experiencing this too. Windows 11 is so bad. I downloaded it August '21 and it is slow and ugly. Ok, now for the good news, I am downgrading to Windows 8.1 and edge is all of a sudden downloading the...
  4. A good but A BAD update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A good but A BAD update: Hi!Yesterday I updated my windows from Win7 to Win10.When i opened windows explorer I saw that my disk D: is missing..I tryed to update the drivers or search for it in Disk Management but i can t find it. I opened the command prompt and type diskpart..Here i search for my...
  5. signing in as administrator, good or bad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    signing in as administrator, good or bad?: I've been told I should not be signing in as an administrator on my laptop when I'm going to be using the internet. Is that true? If so, how do I sign in on my laptop without administrator privileges?...
  6. Good pc, bad fps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Good pc, bad fps: My specifications: Rtx 2080 ti I7 8700k 32 gb ram 240 gb ssd(windows installed on there) 2tb hard drive I have a problem. I got my pc a year ago and everything was fine. Then a problem started where i got very bad fps in all games. Then I discovered that if i put my pc to...
  7. one good one bad

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    one good one bad: I have two pc's running W10, one updated to 10049 while I was having dinner by itself without any help from me so I started up the other and set it to update and its been a disaster. At the moment, if I switch it on, eventually I get a message saying please insert your...
  8. Apps - The Good Bad & the Ugly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps - The Good Bad & the Ugly.: Hi, Not asking anyone to solve this problem really but just wishing to raise the subject of problematic Apps which for me are spoiling my satisfaction of Windows 10. Windows 10 for me is working fine and I like it. that is all but the Apps which are a complete pain. Here is...
  9. Fast boot, is it a good thing or bad ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast boot, is it a good thing or bad ?: I personally enjoy it, makes a pc load fast, what am i missing > i see on many answers around the board disable fast boot 77890
  10. Is the "Upgrade" a good thing to get?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is the "Upgrade" a good thing to get?: I have an icon on my homescreen that's called "Windows Update assistant". When I clicked it in the past, it would tell me that my Windows Updates needed to be current in order to work, so I made sure to do that. Now, I clicked it and it mentioned something about a Win10...