Windows 10: New Tower with no DVD drive bay

Discus and support New Tower with no DVD drive bay in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys Just had a new custom tower built and overlooked the fact there was no DVD/Optical drive bay to fit a DVD drive which is not a major factor as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mojo53, Oct 22, 2020.

1. mojo53 Win User

New Tower with no DVD drive bay

Hi Guys

Just had a new custom tower built and overlooked the fact there was no DVD/Optical drive bay to fit a DVD drive which is not a major factor as it is one of those items that does not get a lot use, BUT if i need to boot from a rescue disk which i prefer, will a portable USB / DVD drive show up in my boot menu as 1st choice to boot from or is there some trickery involved to do so, as i do not own a USB/DVD drive and will have to purchase one if required.
    The tower case concerned is a Corsair Carbide 275Q Black Mid Tower Case

Cheers

:)

mojo53, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03370738

3. DVD Drive repeatedly missing

Thanks for your suggestions.

My PC is ASROCK ACPI X64 and the DVD drive is optiarc DVD RW AD 5240S.

I have tried all your methods from 1 to 3 but none solved the problem.

Method 1 Step 5

Run as administrator not available

Method 2 Step C

Expand DVD/CD rom drives Not visable

Method 3 Step 3

Corrupted files found but not all fixed

All updates have been installed.

Any new suggestions?

Regards:

David Massey 175, Oct 22, 2020
  4. New Tower with no DVD drive bay

DVD RW Drive

Hi Julia,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

Please provide us the following information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the exact\complete error message?
    Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives .

• Right click on the driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

New Tower with no DVD drive bay

1. New Tower with no DVD drive bay - Similar Threads - Tower DVD drive

2. New PC no CD DVD drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC no CD DVD drive.: Each start up shows the message:-"LOADING Your CD DVD Rom may not be ready yet"How do I remove it ........Please?.I do use a USB CD Rom. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-no-cd-dvd-drive/4f4ff9af-949c-4cb1-b664-207d63ceb33a
  3. New PC no CD DVD drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC no CD DVD drive.: Each start up shows the message:-"LOADING Your CD DVD Rom may not be ready yet"How do I remove it ........Please?.I do use a USB CD Rom. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-no-cd-dvd-drive/4f4ff9af-949c-4cb1-b664-207d63ceb33a
  4. new Tower issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new Tower issue: I have a new HP tower desktop and I am using my existing HP monitor. The Monitor gives an error of "Check Cable Connection". The monitor and cable both work with my old HP tower. Im thinking it could be a bad port on my new PC but I'm looking for suggestions before I ship it...
  5. new Tower issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new Tower issue: I have a new HP tower desktop and I am using my existing HP monitor. The Monitor gives an error of "Check Cable Connection". The monitor and cable both work with my old HP tower. Im thinking it could be a bad port on my new PC but I'm looking for suggestions before I ship it...
  6. new Tower issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. external hard drive bay for ATA drive

external hard drive bay for ATA drive: Hi, I am not sure if this is the right place for this post or not. I have an external hard drive bay for SATA drives. It is just a stand, and I can swap out any SATA drive that I want to quickly, and read the contents on my computer. But the interface won't connect to my...
  8. Fit ssd into laptop dvd drive bay Sata to IDE

Fit ssd into laptop dvd drive bay Sata to IDE: Hi i have an old HP pavilion dv6700 laptop, the dvd drive has packed up, thought I would fit an SSD into. A drive bay, but the interface is IDE, but have found. Bay which accepts Sata but outputs IDE . i assume I would lose a lot of the advantage that an SSD gives. would I...
  9. Need HDD tray for dvd bay

Need HDD tray for dvd bay: Hi ttying to ascertain which size dvd bay tray size I need, many sellers specify C50 with some numbers...does that mean I have to look specifically for toshiba satellite c50 a 1 DV ? Or can I get any caddy that is specified as C50 ? thanks 127116
  10. new tower with virtualization

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    new tower with virtualization: I would like to know what the specs say so I can install either Virtual box or free VMware on a new tower. I see Intel VT-x, Virtualization technology, Intel V-Pro tech- what words should I look for so (I do not just build windows hyper-v but) actually can build Virtual box...