Windows 10: New Trash feature in Google Contacts

Discus and support New Trash feature in Google Contacts in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Quick launch summary We’re adding Trash to Google Contacts. Now, when you delete a contact, it will go into Trash, where it will stay for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

New Trash feature in Google Contacts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New Trash feature in Google Contacts

:)

Brink, Jul 17, 2020
  2. thesaint2 Win User

new contacts not useable

Thanks for your suggestions Ken. I tried them but I still cannot email new additions to my contacts list

thesaint2, Jul 17, 2020
  3. KSC7 Win User
    Google contacts not sync

Thanks to JanGertru. This solution really worked flawlessly. Got back all my contacts in my Lumia 920.

To summarzine:

• In Google account settings,
      • I enabled 2-step verification
      • Generated an app specific password (some random number you don't have to remember)
    • In Windows Phone
      • Deleted my Google mail account
      • Created the Google account and used the "app specific pwd" generated above (instead of my regular Google password.
      • Initially only few contacts were visible.
      • but i left the fone for a few minutes and checked back and voila ..all contacts restored !
    I was skeptical about the Gcontacts tool, as din't want to take a risk of all contacts via a 3rd party tool. The whole reason Google implemented this 2-step verification is to avoid such intermediate entities.

Google should have better communicated this to their users .. rather and wait for them to blackout and we all figure this out ourselves.

Thanks again, JanGertru !

Thanks for breaking down the steps!

4. New Trash feature in Google Contacts

Google contacts not sync

Thanks to JanGertru. This solution really worked flawlessly. Got back all my contacts in my Lumia 920.

To summarzine:

• In Google account settings,
      • I enabled 2-step verification
      • Generated an app specific password (some random number you don't have to remember)
    • In Windows Phone
      • Deleted my Google mail account
      • Created the Google account and used the "app specific pwd" generated above (instead of my regular Google password.
      • Initially only few contacts were visible.
      • but i left the fone for a few minutes and checked back and voila ..all contacts restored !
    I was skeptical about the Gcontacts tool, as din't want to take a risk of all contacts via a 3rd party tool. The whole reason Google implemented this 2-step verification is to avoid such intermediate entities.

Google should have better communicated this to their users .. rather and wait for them to blackout and we all figure this out ourselves.

Thanks again, JanGertru !

Worked like a charm!! Thanks New Trash feature in Google Contacts :)

CrystalCarey, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

New Trash feature in Google Contacts

1. New Trash feature in Google Contacts - Similar Threads - Trash feature Google

2. New update is trash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New update is trash: Anyone else feeling like Windows gets worse with each update? This one takes the cake. Complete trash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-is-trash/d80b1468-d688-4ada-a6b8-c59ea1b3f04b
  3. New update is trash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New update is trash: Anyone else feeling like Windows gets worse with each update? This one takes the cake. Complete trash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-is-trash/d80b1468-d688-4ada-a6b8-c59ea1b3f04b
  4. Google announces 6 new Android features

in Windows 10 News
    Google announces 6 new Android features: [ATTACH] With the holidays around the corner, we’re sharing six new Google features for Android—a few more ways your phone gets more helpful over time, even outside of major OS updates. Whether you’re texting holiday greetings to loved...
  5. New Google Lens features on Android and iOS

in Windows 10 News
    New Google Lens features on Android and iOS: Lately our family dining table has also become a work desk, a video conference room and … a kid’s playground. As I learn how to become a full time kids-entertainer, I welcome anything that can help me stay productive. And while I usually turn to Search when...
  6. Importing contacts from Google

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing contacts from Google: I cannot import my contacts into Outlook from Google. After I export the .csv file from Google, and try to import it into Outlook, I get the following message: [ATTACH]...
  7. Google Contact problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Contact problem: Attempting to add a new address in Google Contacts. Repeated failure notice "having trouble to register this person" (or similar) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-contact-problem/3303f82e-9640-458a-a1eb-9e105963d285"
  8. New 'Propose a new meeting time' feature in Google Calendar

in Windows 10 News
    New 'Propose a new meeting time' feature in Google Calendar: Rescheduling in Google Calendar just got easier. We’re introducing a new feature that enables more efficient meeting scheduling. Now, each guest invited to a meeting can propose a new time and the organizer can easily review and accept time proposals. This allows for richer...
  9. Contact and Unsubscribe Features

in Windows 10 Support
    Contact and Unsubscribe Features: Hello, I think I need to change one of my settings because on some sites that I visit, these features do not work. I use yahoo as my isp and am mostly pleased with it. I need some direction as what to check. The only hint I can give is that the features are greyed out. 56710
  10. The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together

in Windows 10 News
    The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together: From email to Hangouts to a good ol' fashioned phone call, you've got a lot of options to get in touch with someone. But keeping all those options organized for all your contacts...well, it can be a pain, especially when you need to find that information in a hurry! So...