Windows 10: New, troublesome Windows 10 Pro Pre-logon screen??

Discus and support New, troublesome Windows 10 Pro Pre-logon screen?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Either with the latest update, or by inadvertently changing a setting I knew nothing about, Ive apparently got myself into a situation from which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JLOB, May 31, 2020.

1. JLOB Win User

New, troublesome Windows 10 Pro Pre-logon screen??

Either with the latest update, or by inadvertently changing a setting I knew nothing about, Ive apparently got myself into a situation from which I cant I cant extract myself. Im running Windows 10 Pro, version 1909 18363.836.

Immediately after the latest update, Ive been plagued by blue screens (havent actually SEEN one of those in nine years) of death. This is usually at logon time, but not always. The stop codes are Critical Process Died (love that one) and Kernel Security Check Failure. A re-start, or two, gets past it. They've actually become less evident during the last two or three hours. I've been checking.

Additionally, I now have a really bothersome pre-logon screen. It shows time and date and a scenic picture, and but much else. I need to hit enter to get to the real logon screen, which seems to no longer remember my logon id! It thinks Im Other User, Doubly troublesome since I have (or did have) and auto-logon that brought me directly to where I need to be to do meaningful tasks. This by only needing to open the lid on my workstation.

If it isnt (wasnt) the update, then it was my fault but I just dont know where to start looking. I have been having some network problems with my home network, and was fooling around with various workgroup and sharing permissions, and could have easily changed something better left be!

Id appreciate any help or suggestions you might have.

Thanks.

:)

2. Windows 10 can't clear the pre-logon screen to access the Windows login screen

Windows 10 can't clear the pre-logon screen to access the Windows login screen. I ran diagnostics without errors. Mssaged with Microsoft Tech. Tried Safemode which stopped at the same point Windows pre-logon screen. Tech also suggested to do a PC reset
    w/o impacting my personal files. The reset ran for 2 hours but with the same results. This is crazy as the pre-logon screen has 3 icons; wifi which is connected to my local wifi, ease of accessability and the power icon. it seems to me if i just could clear
    the pre-logon screen I would be able to logon and continue using the PC. Any ideas? Has anyone else had this problem? This issue started for me 7pm Dec 1st.

BillRafuse, May 31, 2020
  3. JGourlay Win User
    Windows 10 stuck on PRE-logon screen.

I have a Windows 10 install, UEFI using SSD's. First, the problem, then what I have tried to date.

Problem: the machine boots normally until it comes to the Pre-Logon screen. This is the screen that shows the "Beach from a Cave" with the small Ethernet symbol to the lower right. To be clear: this is *NOT* the login screen with the three little symbols
    at lower right. This is the PRE logon screen showing time and date and the beach.

If I press a mouse button or keyboard button, the pre-logon screen will 'roll up' as if it is going to the logon screen, but then it just reverts back. If I press AND HOLD, "ctrl alt delete", I can barely see the logon screen as it flickers. But on release
    "ctrl alt delete", it just goes back to the pre-logon screen.

Attempted so far without success:

1. rebooting multiple times.

2. F8 and Shift F8, F10 and Shift F10 for Safe Mode

3. Using a Windows Recovery USB to boot into safe mode. This gives the "choose an operating system" error screen with no option to actually choose an operating system.

4. Using a Windows Recovery USB to "repair" startup.

5. Using rstrui as a route to the login screen

6. Using Net User to set password to blank so that it will go right through without needing login.

None of this has helped all attempts go right back to the PRE-login screen. Please help me!

JGourlay, May 31, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 31, 2020
Thema:

1. New, troublesome Windows 10 Pro Pre-logon screen?? - Similar Threads - troublesome Pro Pre

2. Pre install windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pre install windows 10 pro: Hello Microsoft,I hope all is well with you all today!My company has some laptops that does not have windows 10 pro pre installed, its just regular windows 10. Is there way to pre install windows 10 without creating a local account before we hand laptops out to employees?...
  3. Troublesome in the Activation of WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Troublesome in the Activation of WINDOWS 10: Hello, I am facing problems in the activation of windows 10! Can you please suggest me somw ways to active it . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/troublesome-in-the-activation-of-windows-10/d050adfb-4f7b-4ff8-a682-ea69d0047cc4
  4. Allow New User to Pre-Configured Installation Windows 10 Pro

Allow New User to Pre-Configured Installation Windows 10 Pro: I prep new computers for corporate users. They have Office 365 accounts already set up. My job is to install all device drivers and Windows updates, as well as install programs the users will need. What I cannot do is log in as the user. So I set up a local account for an...
  5. New Windows 10 pre installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Windows 10 pre installed: Do I or will I need to register my Windows 10 64 bit pro, pre installed on my New Computer? How do I check to see if my registration matches my Microsoft account?...
  6. Windows 10 pro pre installed

Windows 10 pro pre installed: I want to double my ram from 8g to 16g will this cause a loss of my product key? Actually what modifications can i make without loosing the key? I have lost my key several times in the past on earlier versions of windows....
  7. After Win 10 Pro upgrade, No Logon Screen

After Win 10 Pro upgrade, No Logon Screen: Win 10 Pro Dell OptiPlex 755 updated to latest version of Win 10 Pro and upon reboot, the logon screen only displays for a milli-second. Can't log on at all. Help!...
  8. GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper change in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper change in Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I have applied a GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper but the policy has been already taken by computer , but the wallpaper is not coming in User logon screen. We have Windows 10 Pro operating system. Can you please help regarding this....
  9. Windows 10 Logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Logon screen: Hello guys, I want to make a new logon/logoff/security options/welcome screens on my Windows 10 to make it 3D, Futuristic and with different behavior I use a Windows 10 Home x64 HP Laptop...
  10. 10 Pro forcing logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    10 Pro forcing logon: Hey all, I am having an issue with the Windows 10 machines that I have installed thus far. I do not use a screen saver, but use the power settings to turn off the display after a certain period of time. When the display goes off, it forces me to authenticate to get back on...