Windows 10: NEW under shortcuts hangs after 1809 update

Discus and support NEW under shortcuts hangs after 1809 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So updated to 1809 & now when I try to right click to make a shortcut or text document, it freezes the desktop, flashes then my desktop resets. Only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveBaird1, Jan 14, 2019.

1. NEW under shortcuts hangs after 1809 update

So updated to 1809 & now when I try to right click to make a shortcut or text document, it freezes the desktop, flashes then my desktop resets. Only happens when I right click & try to tap NEW. What have they done??

:)

SteveBaird1, Jan 14, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.NEW under shortcuts hangs after 1809 update :)

terrace, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 update hangs on downloading updates at 98%

Hi vinodh,

In step 3 you state to press enter after after each command but its written like one sentence,could you list them so we can identify each command please.my pc just hangs on "checking for updates" so i installed the win 10 updater and that just hangs on 99%
    so i will try what you suggest above.

Thanks

but not with this email add, Jan 14, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

NEW under shortcuts hangs after 1809 update

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

NEW under shortcuts hangs after 1809 update

1. NEW under shortcuts hangs after 1809 update - Similar Threads - under shortcuts hangs

2. Video trim hangs after new update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video trim hangs after new update: After a recent update I can no longer trim raw video in photos. I have tried uninstall and reinstall. I have tried reset and refresh. I confirmed all privilege's are checked.If I trim an old 1080 res video it will work. But, if I try to trim a 4k clip, it just hangs. It...
  3. Video trim hangs after new update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video trim hangs after new update: After a recent update I can no longer trim raw video in photos. I have tried uninstall and reinstall. I have tried reset and refresh. I confirmed all privilege's are checked.If I trim an old 1080 res video it will work. But, if I try to trim a 4k clip, it just hangs. It...
  4. After update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After update 1809: Hi From time to time I get BSOD with the text: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ☹ Your PC ran into as problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you XX complete...
  5. After 1809 update BSOD

After 1809 update BSOD: After updating my win 10 to 1809 - BSOD. Tried clean installation same result. And now I can`t back to old build. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-1809-update-bsod/68ddc64a-fcb4-494a-8f52-93a8d35d0735
  6. After 1809 update BSOD

After 1809 update BSOD: After updating my win 10 to 1809 - BSOD. Tried clean installation same result. And now I can`t back to old build. How I'm tired of these nasty surprises from microsoft......
  7. Windows 10 1809 update hangs on reboot, then hangs on recovery

Windows 10 1809 update hangs on reboot, then hangs on recovery: When I try reboot my PC to install update 1809, it stays stuck forever on the blue shutdown screen, with the spinning blue dots and the counter at 0%. Here's the output from the last operations in Panther\setupact.log: 2018-10-06 01:29:33, Info SP...
  8. Feature Update to Windows 10 version 1809 hanging

Feature Update to Windows 10 version 1809 hanging: Update page says "Requires restart to finish installing" but a restart doesn't finish the upgrade. Is there a place where the upgrade can be manually downloaded?...
  9. Update to Version 1809 hangs system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update to Version 1809 hangs system: I have 2 desktops that I attempted to download Version 1809. I did them one at a time and the 1st download worked perfectly with no problem, however the 2nd download gets to 80 % download and just hangs up the system. Your ideas please, thanks. I just returned from the...
  10. Win 10 freeze/hang then reboots after build 1809 (feature) update on legacy hardware...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 freeze/hang then reboots after build 1809 (feature) update on legacy hardware...: As the title states, I am encountering some sort of glitch causing my system to hang/lag, then fully freeze 1-2 min later, then automatically reboot itself 2-3 mins after that. This problem seems to occur at random times when I am doing simple work with OneNote/office,...