Windows 10: New Unwanted system icon in Notification Bar

Discus and support New Unwanted system icon in Notification Bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday a new icon appeared in my notification area. It's a little window with a red exclamation point in it. Hovering reveals: "Your device is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BoomerM3, Mar 6, 2019.

1. BoomerM3 Win User

New Unwanted system icon in Notification Bar

Yesterday a new icon appeared in my notification area. It's a little window with a red exclamation point in it. Hovering reveals: "Your device is missing important updates. Select this icon for more information." Clicking (or right-clicking) offers two options: 1) Check for updates or 2) Open Windows Updates. I don't want either.

Is there a way to make this disappear?

I have blocked updates with Stop Updates vers 2.0.34
    Windows version 1809 (17763.194)

Peter

:)

BoomerM3, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Mar 6, 2019
  4. New Unwanted system icon in Notification Bar

No OneDrive icon in the notification tray

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check.

• Go to Settings.
      • Select System.
      • Click on Notifications & Actions.
      • Click on Select which icons appear on the task bar.
      • And choose the following icons you wish to keep on task bar.
      • Restart the Computer.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

New Unwanted system icon in Notification Bar

1. New Unwanted system icon in Notification Bar - Similar Threads - Unwanted system icon

2. Battery Icon Missing in the Notification Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Icon Missing in the Notification Bar: I have a Surface Go 3 with Windows 11 ProThe Battery icon in the System Tray is missing Bottom right of the displayWhen I try to add it to the bar through Settings - Personalization - Taskbar I find there is no battery option to switch on, please help....
  3. Unwanted notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted notifications: I keep getting these notices.I'm not running any Zip programs and I don't have any disks in my DVD drive.I have restarted many times and it still 6 notifies. Usually when I click open something. 181655
  4. Unwanted icon on task bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted icon on task bar: Just had a windows update and after the restart, a weather icon appeared on the bottom right of my task bar. I right clicked it to try to exit it, get rid of it. Did not have that option so I went in to the "start" program to find it and couldn't unless it was named something...
  5. Unwanted icons in the notification area

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted icons in the notification area: Some programs insist on putting their icon in the notification tray, and then the company uses that "feature" for advertising in relentless pop up notifications. This is not an appropriate use of the notification tray, nor should have Microsoft allowed such program behavior...
  6. Unwanted Notification

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Notification: I foolishly gave some app permission to put notifications on my desktop, and I don't know how to get rid of them. They pop up from time to time, take up a lot of space at the lower RH corner of my screen, and can't be moved or closed. A small line of text says something about...
  7. Unwanted Icons in System Tray

Unwanted Icons in System Tray: My system tray is populated with a couple of icons that appear to serve no purpose but to annoy me and crowd out the display. See image below: [ATTACH] The icons, highlighted in yellow, a padlock and the number 9 have no discernable feature and do-not display a menu or...
  8. unwanted notifications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unwanted notifications: Recently I have started receiving notifications in the taskbar from bcpushru that I can't find anywhere else on my computer. I have checked various computer locations but cannot find this thing. It shows notifications like emails from "hot babes" etc. How can I stop this...
  9. notifications in icon on task bar

notifications in icon on task bar: i accidently stopped notifications from games like ceasars slots showing in the icon on the task bar. how do i get these back please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-in-icon-on-task-bar/adef0a98-83a7-4046-a8af-a5b859d19c0e
  10. Unwanted "My Computer" icon in Notification Area on Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted "My Computer" icon in Notification Area on Startup: Hi, Every time I start up my computer, the attached icon appears in the notification tray. If I click on it, it opens up My Computer and the icon disappears. If I don't click on it, then my taskbar will not auto-hide as I want it to. The icon does not appear in the hidden...